RIP Eddie Van Halen, 65

laughedatbytime

I've been sorry, to hear, see, and read this. Edward Van Halen passing away at the only age of 65 from throat cancer. He was an amazing, talented guitarist. For the first time, I remember seeing Van Halen on their "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge Tour" in Vancouver, at B.C. Place, and listened to them on their "1984 Tour" in Toronto, at Maple Leaf Gardens. He will be, and is going to be missed. It is similar to Neil Peart's passing earlier this year. My heart, felt condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Edward (Eddie). Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

We were talking about this a couple of weeks ago. Just knew it was coming soon. Numbed and shocked and truly devastated..

Love ya, Ed. Deepest thanks for every chord, riff, solo, harmonic... my musical hero and simply the GOAT.

Damn.

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

I knew from recent reading that it appeared he was still fighting cancer. I figured the recent silence wasn't a good thing.

He was probably as close to "God's gift to the guitar" that we'll see in our lifetime. I would guess that he inspired more people to pick up a guitar than all others combined.

His playing and songwriting will be sorely missed. RIP Eddie.

• Like 2

He changed everything. This is awful, just awful. A true legend. I've been listening to so much Van Halen lately too. Welp, I've got VHII here on campus with me and that's spinning right now. Rest in peace, Eddie Van Halen.
  • Like 6