treeduck

Our Governor is still dithering about a mask mandate, he wants everyone to do the right thing but can't be seen as oppressing people :facepalm: . We have a few counties (one of which is where I live) that have required masks and dog gone the rate of cases has gone down in that month and a half. The rest of the state is seeing increases, the rural areas say it is just a problem for Salt Lake County. Well no :16ton: I don't go anywhere without a mask, it is so simple to do. I get that people are so cynical nowadays but come on, why be so selfish? There was a guy who was infected, goes to church and those he infected spread it so 91 people get sick (Ohio I think). Really ridiculous.
  • Like 5

My stepmom had two family members die from it. And three people from the store she works in had it. (She took a leave of absence.) My friend’s mom was exposed to it by her caretaker—friend and mom tested negative, thank goodness.

It’s pretty scary. I legitimately have not left my house in over four months. I had to leave my awesome job because I’m terrified of bringing the virus back home to my family. :(

Over 150,000 Americans are dead. It breaks my heart.

Where do you live? I'm beginning to think I live in the one state in this country that doesn't have its head up its ass when it comes to how they have handled it. It seems almost everyone outside of New York state has dropped the ball on this.

Florida. You want to talk about dropping the ball…I mean, they aren’t doing ANYTHING down here. The sad thing is that there are so many people (specifically old, white, and male) that simply can’t be bothered to wear masks because they feel that it’s a way for the government to control people. I know politics belong in SOCN, but I just to point out that people’s very lives are being politicized.

It’s sad that this has become political to those who believe that they magically know what’s right for everyone because they’re of a certain race, gender or party. I’ve been indie for 3 years and green before that and have voted republican candidates in offices outside of POTUS including governor so I’m not blinded by D or R crap. I’m no fan of the “non Trump” candidate but I would like America to still freaking exist instead of “trying to own the other side” even if it means the end of a country’s empire. Even with Herman Cain’s death, the minions will deflect and spin because white republican is “magically” not to blame on anything. Instead of blaming him for disbanding the pandemic team and ignoring briefings, they blame China with their usual “EVERYTHING I DONT LIKE IS FAKE NEWS!” strawman.

At least under war criminal Dubya, I was able to work without risking dying of a deadly virus and visit family and friends and go outside. The pendulum needs to swing left of Hitler/Atilla for the GOP and go back to being the party of Lincoln regarding that Lincoln Project founded by George Conway. We would be nowhere near this mess if Romney, McCain, Dubya and Kasich were sworn in, I guarantee.

lol
  • Like 1

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris suggested the governors should implement mask mandates for the next 3 months. I understand the call for the mandates, but why only 3 months? Much of the US will be forced indoors in 3 months by the weather.

Why 3 months? Because 79 days would have looked too obvious.

• Like 4

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris suggested the governors should implement mask mandates for the next 3 months. I understand the call for the mandates, but why only 3 months? Much of the US will be forced indoors in 3 months by the weather.

I suspect if he wins, this virus thing will magically disappear.

Media coverage and the virus itself are different things. But yeah, politicians would utilize a pot of my piss if they thought it’d help them.

• Like 3

Would it also disappear in Italy, Spain, England, South Korea, Japan, Brazil, etc.? Cynicism is rational, but nihilism?

• Like 6

So Biden has a cure that he's not telling anyone until after he's elected president? Seems like information he should let people know about in order to secure that he wins.

I'm not saying that the government has been one hundred percent truthful about what's happening but there is no doubt that the virus is real and won't just quickly disappear if we get somebody different in office. If Biden does win, he will spend his whole presidency cleaning up the mess this pandemic left.

• Like 4

My grandmother has it. This poor woman has been in a rehab center after her kidneys failed a couple weeks ago and just had to get readmitted to the hospital with a 102.2°F fever. Her COVID test just came back 15 minutes ago: positive.

I’m getting really, really scared.

My grandmother has it. This poor woman has been in a rehab center after her kidneys failed a couple weeks ago and just had to get readmitted to the hospital with a 102.2°F fever. Her COVID test just came back 15 minutes ago: positive.

Ugh. So sorry.

• Like 1

Would it also disappear in Italy, Spain, England, South Korea, Japan, Brazil, etc.? Cynicism is rational, but nihilism?

So Biden has a cure that he's not telling anyone until after he's elected president? Seems like information he should let people know about in order to secure that he wins.

I'm not saying that the government has been one hundred percent truthful about what's happening but there is no doubt that the virus is real and won't just quickly disappear if we get somebody different in office. If Biden does win, he will spend his whole presidency cleaning up the mess this pandemic left.

You didn't know Biden hatched this evil plan with all of the world's governmnents just to make Trump look bad?

• Like 3

I'm so sorry to hear this! :hug2: :hug2: I know you are close with her. Covid has been a real problem in nursing and rehab facilities, I'm sorry your grandmother got caught up in that. Sending positive wishes.

• Like 1

No that's the other guy who's saying that... :facepalm: Waving tiny hands, it will disappear like a miracle :rage:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

well, folks, my dad tested positive for the virus and i'm displaying the exact same symptoms as him. i got tested yesterday (8/18) and i should see my results by sunday. we both only feel mildly crappy. the symptoms that are bothering me the most are the chest and lung pain/pressure/tightness and the body aches. holy shit, the body aches.

well, folks, my dad tested positive for the virus and i'm displaying the exact same symptoms as him. i got tested yesterday (8/18) and i should see my results by sunday. we both only feel mildly crappy. the symptoms that are bothering me the most are the chest and lung pain/pressure/tightness and the body aches. holy shit, the body aches.

oh no. I hope it doesn’t get any worse for either of you.

• Like 2

Maybe the guy I know who died from it will magically come back to life too

• Like 3

Would it also disappear in Italy, Spain, England, South Korea, Japan, Brazil, etc.?

Yes, because as I understand it, Trump caused their problems as well.

Would it also disappear in Italy, Spain, England, South Korea, Japan, Brazil, etc.?

No, that's why our cases are so high, Trump pretended it didn't exist. He didn't cause the virus but he sure as hell made sure to screw things up royally.

No, that's why our cases are so high, Trump pretended it didn't exist. He didn't cause the virus but he sure as hell made sure to screw things up royally.

We are also the third largest country, population-wise, in the world. With a number of high-density population centers. One of our largest and most dense population centers also has a large international airport and is a popular travel destination. Even if the Chinese government immediately alerted the world to the virus in November, short of sealing our borders completely to all foreigners, and quarantining Americans allowed to return (the only people allowed to enter after the borders were sealed) I don’t know what the federal government could have done to prevent the virus’ introduction to the US. Once here, governors have a lot of tools to enforce public health requirements within their borders, but the federal government’s powers are more limited. For example, the federal government has no power to make you wear a mask indoors. Only the state can do that.

Let’s hope Moderna is successful with its vaccine trials.

• Like 1

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris suggested the governors should implement mask mandates for the next 3 months. I understand the call for the mandates, but why only 3 months?

September, October...November!

Let's see...what ends in November. Flu season? No, that's not it...

• Like 2