treeduck

Sorry for your friend @Goose.

I have a friend who wasn't vaccinated, he's 50 something, he got it and was on a vent for three weeks and had double pneumonia. Apparently he just was taken off the vent and can breathe on his own, but cannot move his legs. I hadn't heard of that complication before. He's got a very long road ahead of him I would say.

• Like 1

In the past year I had befriended an 85yo Polish immigrant and Bay Area escapee named Gunther. We were kindred souls and shared life experiences that included Europe and Mexico, so our time together was always fun. A couple of weeks ago Gunther came down with COVID, and he didn't survive. Dang.

I'm sorry to hear you lost your friend. :hug2: It does seem to hit older people very hard if they get it. :(

That's sad to hear. :(

I lost a childhood friend in January 2021 to Covid, he was in his mid 70's and living in California. He thought he was going to pull through, his wife was sick but not needing to be hospitalized. He texted me from the hospital two days before he passed. Think he got it from going to the gym and his church hadn't gone to virtual meetings either. Wish he could have held on to get vaxxed, I really miss him.

Pfizer has been forced to publicize huge quantities of data, data they wanted to release over a span of 55 years. Not surprising that analysis shows that Pfeizer's own data is contradicting claims made against both natural immunity and the risk and effectiveness of COVID vaccines on the young.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/the-high-cost-of-disparaging-natural-immunity-to-covid-vaccine-mandates-protests-fire-rehire-employment-11643214336

I came home from a business trip last night, and woke up felling something tingling on my nostrils. I decided to test myself with a home kit, and voila...I finally got covid. I'm feeling ok though, the symptoms so far are like a flu.

• Like 1

Just now, Rod in Toronto said:

I came home from a business trip last night, and woke up felling something tingling on my nostrils. I decided to test myself with a home kit, and voila...I finally got covid. I'm feeling ok though, the symptoms so far are like a flu.

Did you get the booster?

4 hours ago, Rod in Toronto said:

Yes TD...I'm TRIPLE vaxxed, and still got it.

Rod, I hope that you heal quickly!

Yup! Our family is triple/(some 4 x)  vaxxed and 4 out of 6 of us have symptoms and tested positive this week.  We went to an extended family memorial service last Saturday; it was a bunch of people in a small room with people from all over the East Coast, not the best decision but we kind of had to go.  My husband and I are vaxxed, wore KN95 masks the whole time and still got it. We felt like we had been hit by a truck on Monday. 

What an odd feeling.  It was half like having the flu (achy, fever) and half like being drunk (wooziness, dizziness, brain fog, bed spins). It lasted 3 days and the Dr. told us that 3 days is a very mild case.  It felt gross.  Yesterday and today are good, although we are still kind of tired. (not gonna be a wild weekend.)

The worst part was that my daughter in law is  diabetic and last night her fever spiked to 103.8. (39.8).   Allie was rushed to the ER and they admitted her overnight, to stabilize her fever and blood sugar.(She was released late this afternoon and is doing well, thankfully). Again, this from an otherwise pretty mild case!  

Ugh!  Take this seriously!  Rod, I hope you are feeling better this weekend!  :wave:

Edited by blueschica

3 hours ago, blueschica said:

Rod, I hope that you heal quickly!

Yup! Our family is triple/(some 4 x)  vaxxed and 4 out of 6 of us have symptoms and tested positive this week.  We went to an extended family memorial service last Saturday; it was a bunch of people in a small room with people from all over the East Coast, not the best decision but we kind of had to go.  My husband and I are vaxxed, wore KN95 masks the whole time and still got it. We felt like we had been hit by a truck on Monday. 

What an odd feeling.  It was half like having the flu (achy, fever) and half like being drunk (wooziness, dizziness, brain fog, bed spins). It lasted 3 days and the Dr. told us that 3 days is a very mild case.  It felt gross.  Yesterday and today are good, although we are still kind of tired. (not gonna be a wild weekend.)

The worst part was that my daughter in law is  diabetic and last night her fever spiked to 103.8. (39.8).   Allie was rushed to the ER and they admitted her overnight, to stabilize her fever and blood sugar.(She was released late this afternoon and is doing well, thankfully). Again, this from an otherwise pretty mild case!  

Ugh!  Take this seriously!  Rod, I hope you are feeling better this weekend!  :wave:

Sorry to hear that, and hope your daughter-in-law feels better soon. I had a good day, and being able to sleep in the afternoon made things better. I think/hope I'll be ok by Sunday. To be honest, the whole time I traveled this week I only wore a mask where it was absolutely mandatory - on the plane. But we'll see...I'm glad I caught the mild version of it, and in  few days my immune system will be in top shape!

• Like 1