treeduck

Sharon Osbourne has tested positive. Ozzy has tested negative. What this tells me is that whatever kills the coronavirus is within Ozzy's body.

3ul0km.jpg

I've had this one on my phone for months. So awesome

• Like 2

I have it, no symptoms though. Girlfriend also has it, no symptoms.

:hug2: Hugs to you both! I'm glad it's not causing you problems.

Thanks. Hopefully we don't get any symptoms, else we have to start isolating over again. We are due back in work next Thursday.

We are OK working from home, but because of the number of cases at work the more that can go back in the better.

I think after a year of lockdowns, and only having 3 workers test positive (and none actually at work) we got a bit too relaxed. Now we have 15 positives, mine (and girlfriends) being due to car sharing with our boss..

• Like 1

I thought some might find this article from last year of interest:

This week, my colleagues logged on to Twitter to see “#ChinaVirus” and “#WuhanVirus” trending in the United States. Most posts were written with dismay from people who couldn’t believe some government officials were influencing others to refer to COVID-19 (also known as the Coronavirus) this way.

While there is understandable unease flowing through Americans and people around the globe about the increasing spread of COVID-19, it’s important to remember that words matter and the language we use has power.

As vice chair of diversity, equity, and inclusion for pediatrics at Yale School of Medicine, I feel compelled to speak out. In the weeks since COVID-19 has been circulating, Asian-Americans and Asians around the world have noted a spike in discrimination and xenophobic attacks. Public transit riders have encountered hostile interactions and people simply walking down the street have experienced microaggressions — which I prefer to call veiled aggressions, because there is nothing “micro” about them for the person on the receiving end.

This behavior, and the stigma associated with referring to an illness in a way that deliberately creates unconscious (or conscious) bias, can keep people from getting care they may desperately need to get better and prevent others from getting sick. When faced with this type of constant, heightened discrimination our friends, neighbors and colleagues of Asian-decent can feel uncomfortable in places they should feel welcome, included, and safe. This type of discrimination may also put their mental health at risk. The CDC has noted that health care workers and people who’ve recently traveled to areas where COVID-19 is circulating are facing increased discrimination and stigma, too.

In mid-February, the Asian American Journalists Association called on the media to be mindful and accurate in their reporting on COVID-19. As medical professionals dedicated to equity and inclusion, we must use our platforms to deliver accurate information to help educate our patients and communities. Pathogens do not discriminate. What someone looks has no bearing on how likely they are to be sick from COVID-19.

Here’s what we can all do.

DO: Talk about the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

DO NOT: Attach locations or ethnicity to the disease; this is not a “Wuhan Virus,” “Chinese Virus,” or “Asian Virus.” The official name for the disease was deliberately chosen to avoid stigmatization.

We can better prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect those who may have it when we speak about it with accuracy, empathy, and care — something we should all be committed to.

DO: Talk about “people who have COVID-19,” “people who are being treated for COVID-19,” “people who are recovering from COVID-19,” or “people who died after contracting COVID19.”

DO NOT: Refer to people with the disease as “COVID-19 cases” or “victims.”

DO: Talk about people “acquiring” or “contracting” COVID-19.

DO NOT: Talk about people “transmitting COVID-19,” “infecting others,” or “spreading the virus” as it implies intentional transmission and assigns blame. Criminalizing or dehumanizing terminology creates the impression that those with the disease have somehow done something wrong or are less human than the rest of us, feeding stigma, undermining empathy, and potentially fueling wider reluctance to seek treatment or attend screening, testing and quarantine.

DO: Speak accurately about the risk from COVID-19, based on scientific data and latest official health advice.

DO NOT: Repeat or share unconfirmed rumors, and avoid using hyperbolic language designed to generate fear like “plague,” “apocalypse,” etc.

DO: Talk positively and emphasize the effectiveness of prevention and treatment measures. For most people, this is a disease they can overcome. There are simple steps we can all take to stay safe.

DO NOT: Emphasize or dwell on negativity or messages of threat. We need to work together to help those who are most vulnerable.

We can better prevent the spread of COVID-19 and protect those who may have it when we speak about it with accuracy, empathy, and care — something we should all be committed to.

Dr. Marietta Vazquez is a professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Infectious Diseases & General Pediatrics at the Yale School of Medicine; Vice Chair of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Director Yale Children’s Hispanic Clinic (Y-CHiC); and Diversity Officer for the Yale Center for Clinical Investigation (YCCI).

https://medicine.yal...-article/23074/

• Like 2

Nothing? How do you know you both have it? What made you get tested? I'm just very curious. One of my buds, who was in perfect health, is now battling for his life. I work very closely with him. Ten days since and I don't have any symptoms, just minor sinus issues. Company made me get tested to days later, of course negative...
  • Like 1

I thought some might find this article from last year of interest:

This week, my colleagues logged on to Twitter to see “#ChinaVirus” and “#WuhanVirus” trending in the United States. Most posts were written with dismay from people who couldn’t believe some government officials were influencing others to refer to COVID-19 (also known as the Coronavirus) this way.

While there is understandable unease flowing through Americans and people around the globe about the increasing spread of COVID-19, it’s important to remember that words matter and the language we use has power.

As vice chair of diversity, equity, and inclusion for pediatrics at Yale School of Medicine, I feel compelled to speak out. In the weeks since COVID-19 has been circulating, Asian-Americans and Asians around the world have noted a spike in discrimination and xenophobic attacks. Public transit riders have encountered hostile interactions and people simply walking down the street have experienced microaggressions — which I prefer to call veiled aggressions, because there is nothing “micro” about them for the person on the receiving end.

This behavior, and the stigma associated with referring to an illness in a way that deliberately creates unconscious (or conscious) bias, can keep people from getting care they may desperately need to get better and prevent others from getting sick. When faced with this type of constant, heightened discrimination our friends, neighbors and colleagues of Asian-decent can feel uncomfortable in places they should feel welcome, included, and safe. This type of discrimination may also put their mental health at risk. The CDC has noted that health care workers and people who’ve recently traveled to areas where COVID-19 is circulating are facing increased discrimination and stigma, too.

In mid-February, the Asian American Journalists Association called on the media to be mindful and accurate in their reporting on COVID-19. As medical professionals dedicated to equity and inclusion, we must use our platforms to deliver accurate information to help educate our patients and communities. Pathogens do not discriminate. What someone looks has no bearing on how likely they are to be sick from COVID-19.

Here’s what we can all do.

DO: Talk about the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19)

DO NOT: Attach locations or ethnicity to the disease; this is not a “Wuhan Virus,” “Chinese Virus,” or “Asian Virus.” The official name for the disease was deliberately chosen to avoid stigmatization.

DO: Talk about “people who have COVID-19,” “people who are being treated for COVID-19,” “people who are recovering from COVID-19,” or “people who died after contracting COVID19.”

DO NOT: Refer to people with the disease as “COVID-19 cases” or “victims.”

DO: Talk about people “acquiring” or “contracting” COVID-19.

DO NOT: Talk about people “transmitting COVID-19,” “infecting others,” or “spreading the virus” as it implies intentional transmission and assigns blame. Criminalizing or dehumanizing terminology creates the impression that those with the disease have somehow done something wrong or are less human than the rest of us, feeding stigma, undermining empathy, and potentially fueling wider reluctance to seek treatment or attend screening, testing and quarantine.

DO: Speak accurately about the risk from COVID-19, based on scientific data and latest official health advice.

DO NOT: Repeat or share unconfirmed rumors, and avoid using hyperbolic language designed to generate fear like “plague,” “apocalypse,” etc.

DO: Talk positively and emphasize the effectiveness of prevention and treatment measures. For most people, this is a disease they can overcome. There are simple steps we can all take to stay safe.

DO NOT: Emphasize or dwell on negativity or messages of threat. We need to work together to help those who are most vulnerable.

Dr. Marietta Vazquez is a professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Infectious Diseases & General Pediatrics at the Yale School of Medicine; Vice Chair of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Director Yale Children’s Hispanic Clinic (Y-CHiC); and Diversity Officer for the Yale Center for Clinical Investigation (YCCI).

https://medicine.yal...-article/23074/

:lol:

Nothing? How do you know you both have it? What made you get tested? I'm just very curious. One of my buds, who was in perfect health, is now battling for his life. I work very closely with him. Ten days since and I don't have any symptoms, just minor sinus issues. Company made me get tested to days later, of course negative...

We got tested as we car share with our boss at work so were in close proximity for 10-15 minutes in enclosed area. He tested positive on the Saturday and rang me to let us know to isolate. Over that weekend, others from work got symptoms so got tested and were positive, so we thought we would be better getting tested than not.

In all, nearly 20 of us at work were positive with some getting it worse than others.

We do have a tickly cough, but not continuous like they say in the list of symptoms. Also a change in taste/smell but not a full loss. Had a Chinese takeaway the other night and it tasted as though someone had poured a full bag of salt over it. Sweet things and fruit taste fine, some other foods taste saltier than normal.

• Like 1

Nope, I don't want to die from it. I also don't want to die in a car accident, but I drive every day and take that risk knowing 38,000 people die every single year and knowing that I am taking a risk on my own life as ell as my children in the car every time. I don't want to die of the flu when it goes around every year, but I still go out. Life is full of risks. That is the decision for me to make in everything I do. I don't want cancer so I CHOSE to stop smoking. No one made me. 647,000 Americans die from heart disease every year. Do I want the government to make fast food and fried food (or anything else the government deems "unsafe") illegal in the name of saving lives? Nope. I think I'll make the choice myself whether to eat like shit or not.

Well here is a really simple solution:

If YOU are scared to go out because of the virus, the You don't have to go out.

If Joe who owns Joe's Barber Shop wants to "take the risk" and risk exposing him self to Covid 19, then he can do so. His opening his barber shop doesn't affect you at all - because you are staying home, right?

Look at it this way - you should want things to open up while you hunker down because herd immunity will happen much quicker. Then when it's all over in a few years you can unseal your bunker and come out and have a beer with me in a bar without maintaining 6 feet distance. :cheers:

I'd argue that this virus is significantly more deadly than any other thing. Even if you don't want to say 80,000 dead in the US because of inflated numbers. I'll be generous and cut that in half. So 40,000 dead in 2 months.

Houston, we have a problem. The number of increased deaths is undeniable. They are burying people in mass graves in NYC, because so many are dying. So many more than normal. What's the cause of all that death? The media shoving it down our throats?

It's real buddy.

And the solution isn't as simple as some guy afraid of dying staying home. Staying home is also supposed to SLOW THE VIRUS DOWN, so that it has a reduced chance to spread to the vulnerable. Until there are vaccines and treatments.

People are really showing their selfish, true colors with this thing. Normally I wouldn't give a shit. But people are dying because of it.

And yeah, I look forward to the day that we can safely have beer together. I'll buy the first round.

No shit it's real, buddy.

So is the flu.

Do you react like this every year when the flu comes around and kills up to 60,000- 65,000 people? No? Why not? It's a real question you should ask yourself.

You almost seem militant to anyone who doesn't completely agree with you and want to seal themselves in a cave and not come out until a vaccine is ready. That is your choice to do that. Seal yourself in. Many of the rest of us are ready to get back to normal life and would rather "take the risk".

Keep yourself sealed in - and people who feel they are at risk - stay in hiding. The opening of businesses and regular life that you are so against does not affect you because you are hunkering down until there is a vaccine or the virus goes away through herd immunity. So my going out won't affect you at all. In fact you should want people to all go out while you don't and then the 60-70% herd immunity will happen for you.

Maybe you are the one who is selfish, not the ones willing to "take a chance" and who want to get the economic engine of this country running again.

Militant? Strong willed is more like it.

I'm not being selfish by understanding the nature of the virus, understanding that it's a killer, and not wanting to be one who'd infect someone else with it.

When you're taking that risk, you're not just taking that risk for yourself. You are taking that risk for everyone down the line who you'd infect. Remember that.

I do notice though that no one ever directly answers the question about what lives are worth.

Then you could apply that to the flu or any "dangerous thing" like driving, no? Do you drive? How can you do that when you might kill someone? I mean 38,000 lives lost every year just in the US, 1.3 million world wide. Don't you care about people? Just one life saved... How can you ever go out in the flu season again? I mean you might have it and give it to someone who is going to a nursing home to visit their mother or grandmother! Give me a f***ing break. Again - if YOU are not going out then YOU can't get the virus right? Seriously, stay the f**k indoors and away from people if you want. That is your choice.

Let's talk about risk vs impact then.

One of us could slip in the shower and break our necks. There's risk in everything. In that case, it would just be our necks. The death would stop there. Limited exposure.

Or we could get in the car and kill ourselves or someone else. Any number of ways. Again, pretty limited exposure as tragic as it is. Nobody else outside that small circle will be impacted.

The Flu. Infectious. We pass it along and the R0 is usually around 1. It sucks, but that's the nature of the typical flu virus. So more exposure and chance of death than the singleton events above. Fortunately we as humans have some protection in built up immunity and mostly effective vaccines. For the most part flu isn't communacable until symptoms appear in the carrier. So smart people who are sick with the flu stay home, heal up, and as a net effect limit spread to he next person. 30 something thousand dead in a year sucks, but without vaccines and immunity would be a lot worse..... like it was in the past before modern medical science and vaccines were developed for the common flu strains.

Which leads us to the COVID situation:

COVID 19. R0 of as high as 5.6. No built up immunity thus far. No working vaccines or treatments. High mortality rate. That R0 means that one person can potentially infect more than 5 new people. That would be ASYMPTOMATIC spread. Spreaders may not know they have it. So they just go to the beach and the bar, catch it, and spread it unaware that it's happening. Risk potential for spreading to people down the line is huge - as we've seen. (and they spread to 4 friends, and they spread to 4 friends, and so on and so on and so on).

The flu does not have an r0 of 1. an r0 of 1 would mean that statistically there is no increase in cases - as one recovers one gets it.

The flu is actually around 1.3 on average (the r0 of any virus changes as time goes on - it is a moving target as more become immune) and the WHO (which has overblown everything to date), says that Covid 19 is between 1.4 and 2.5. SARS was stated at points to be 2.0. https://www.worldome...onavirus/#repro

To put that in perspective, the measles is 12-18. https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/28757186/

Where do you get "as high as 5.6"? Never seen that number, as even the WHO initially had it at 1.5 - 3.5. I am sure there is some publication out there that claims such a high r0, as there seems to be many publications coming out of the woodwork with scary numbers and information that do not end up coming to fruition, but the CDC and WHO does not say 5.6.

You say " For the most part flu isn't communacable [sic] until symptoms appear in the carrier." This is quite incorrect. https://www.cdc.gov/...ease/spread.htm

Click the link and educate yourself on the flu. It is absolutely contagious before symptoms show up:

Symptoms can begin about 2 days (but can range from 1 to 4 days) after the virus enters the body. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick. Some people can be infected with the flu virus but have no symptoms. During this time, those people may still spread the virus to others.

Sound familiar? Yes, the flu is transmitted before symptoms, and yes people are asymptomatic with the flu and still pass it on (sound familiar?)

Now, let's go back to your r0 value of 5.6, I'll even say just use your 4.0 if you want, although that is not a valid number, but rather one you pulled from the old top range estimates to instill more fear in people here, have you done the math on that 4.0 number? The mean incubation period is 4.5 days according to the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/...oV-2 infection.

So have you done the math on you r0=4.0 number based on the incubation period? Let's start at KNOWN cases of 200,000 on April 1st - I will even give you the benefit of the doubt HUGELY in saying the 200,000 cases in the US represents not just cases confirmed, but ALL cases (it doesn't, so this is a huge gift to you on this demonstration). based on that info, using your r0 = 4.0 and incubation period 4.5 days average, how many people in the US should have it now?

I'll tell you what. You won the argument.

Have fun out there.

Now I'm going to go 'hide in my closet'. Avoid crowds - yeah, lay low for a while.

Fortunately the choices I've made in my life for the last 40 years have put me in a position where I can ride this out. Some short term sacrifice for the greater good, as well as my own.

See ya'll in 600 days. By then this little argument won't matter.

Why? What happens in 600 days?

I've read about this. I believe it's from CNN. Complete Nonsense Network. However, it could be true. They were saying that there will be no concerts or sporting events with fans until 2022.

And here we are.

Nope, I don't want to die from it. I also don't want to die in a car accident, but I drive every day and take that risk knowing 38,000 people die every single year and knowing that I am taking a risk on my own life as ell as my children in the car every time. I don't want to die of the flu when it goes around every year, but I still go out. Life is full of risks. That is the decision for me to make in everything I do. I don't want cancer so I CHOSE to stop smoking. No one made me. 647,000 Americans die from heart disease every year. Do I want the government to make fast food and fried food (or anything else the government deems "unsafe") illegal in the name of saving lives? Nope. I think I'll make the choice myself whether to eat like shit or not.

Well here is a really simple solution:

If YOU are scared to go out because of the virus, the You don't have to go out.

If Joe who owns Joe's Barber Shop wants to "take the risk" and risk exposing him self to Covid 19, then he can do so. His opening his barber shop doesn't affect you at all - because you are staying home, right?

Look at it this way - you should want things to open up while you hunker down because herd immunity will happen much quicker. Then when it's all over in a few years you can unseal your bunker and come out and have a beer with me in a bar without maintaining 6 feet distance. :cheers:

I'd argue that this virus is significantly more deadly than any other thing. Even if you don't want to say 80,000 dead in the US because of inflated numbers. I'll be generous and cut that in half. So 40,000 dead in 2 months.

Houston, we have a problem. The number of increased deaths is undeniable. They are burying people in mass graves in NYC, because so many are dying. So many more than normal. What's the cause of all that death? The media shoving it down our throats?

It's real buddy.

And the solution isn't as simple as some guy afraid of dying staying home. Staying home is also supposed to SLOW THE VIRUS DOWN, so that it has a reduced chance to spread to the vulnerable. Until there are vaccines and treatments.

People are really showing their selfish, true colors with this thing. Normally I wouldn't give a shit. But people are dying because of it.

And yeah, I look forward to the day that we can safely have beer together. I'll buy the first round.

No shit it's real, buddy.

So is the flu.

Do you react like this every year when the flu comes around and kills up to 60,000- 65,000 people? No? Why not? It's a real question you should ask yourself.

You almost seem militant to anyone who doesn't completely agree with you and want to seal themselves in a cave and not come out until a vaccine is ready. That is your choice to do that. Seal yourself in. Many of the rest of us are ready to get back to normal life and would rather "take the risk".

Keep yourself sealed in - and people who feel they are at risk - stay in hiding. The opening of businesses and regular life that you are so against does not affect you because you are hunkering down until there is a vaccine or the virus goes away through herd immunity. So my going out won't affect you at all. In fact you should want people to all go out while you don't and then the 60-70% herd immunity will happen for you.

Maybe you are the one who is selfish, not the ones willing to "take a chance" and who want to get the economic engine of this country running again.

Militant? Strong willed is more like it.

I'm not being selfish by understanding the nature of the virus, understanding that it's a killer, and not wanting to be one who'd infect someone else with it.

When you're taking that risk, you're not just taking that risk for yourself. You are taking that risk for everyone down the line who you'd infect. Remember that.

I do notice though that no one ever directly answers the question about what lives are worth.

Then you could apply that to the flu or any "dangerous thing" like driving, no? Do you drive? How can you do that when you might kill someone? I mean 38,000 lives lost every year just in the US, 1.3 million world wide. Don't you care about people? Just one life saved... How can you ever go out in the flu season again? I mean you might have it and give it to someone who is going to a nursing home to visit their mother or grandmother! Give me a f***ing break. Again - if YOU are not going out then YOU can't get the virus right? Seriously, stay the f**k indoors and away from people if you want. That is your choice.

Let's talk about risk vs impact then.

One of us could slip in the shower and break our necks. There's risk in everything. In that case, it would just be our necks. The death would stop there. Limited exposure.

Or we could get in the car and kill ourselves or someone else. Any number of ways. Again, pretty limited exposure as tragic as it is. Nobody else outside that small circle will be impacted.

The Flu. Infectious. We pass it along and the R0 is usually around 1. It sucks, but that's the nature of the typical flu virus. So more exposure and chance of death than the singleton events above. Fortunately we as humans have some protection in built up immunity and mostly effective vaccines. For the most part flu isn't communacable until symptoms appear in the carrier. So smart people who are sick with the flu stay home, heal up, and as a net effect limit spread to he next person. 30 something thousand dead in a year sucks, but without vaccines and immunity would be a lot worse..... like it was in the past before modern medical science and vaccines were developed for the common flu strains.

Which leads us to the COVID situation:

COVID 19. R0 of as high as 5.6. No built up immunity thus far. No working vaccines or treatments. High mortality rate. That R0 means that one person can potentially infect more than 5 new people. That would be ASYMPTOMATIC spread. Spreaders may not know they have it. So they just go to the beach and the bar, catch it, and spread it unaware that it's happening. Risk potential for spreading to people down the line is huge - as we've seen. (and they spread to 4 friends, and they spread to 4 friends, and so on and so on and so on).

The flu does not have an r0 of 1. an r0 of 1 would mean that statistically there is no increase in cases - as one recovers one gets it.

The flu is actually around 1.3 on average (the r0 of any virus changes as time goes on - it is a moving target as more become immune) and the WHO (which has overblown everything to date), says that Covid 19 is between 1.4 and 2.5. SARS was stated at points to be 2.0. https://www.worldome...onavirus/#repro

To put that in perspective, the measles is 12-18. https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/28757186/

Where do you get "as high as 5.6"? Never seen that number, as even the WHO initially had it at 1.5 - 3.5. I am sure there is some publication out there that claims such a high r0, as there seems to be many publications coming out of the woodwork with scary numbers and information that do not end up coming to fruition, but the CDC and WHO does not say 5.6.

You say " For the most part flu isn't communacable [sic] until symptoms appear in the carrier." This is quite incorrect. https://www.cdc.gov/...ease/spread.htm

Click the link and educate yourself on the flu. It is absolutely contagious before symptoms show up:

Symptoms can begin about 2 days (but can range from 1 to 4 days) after the virus enters the body. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick. Some people can be infected with the flu virus but have no symptoms. During this time, those people may still spread the virus to others.

Sound familiar? Yes, the flu is transmitted before symptoms, and yes people are asymptomatic with the flu and still pass it on (sound familiar?)

Now, let's go back to your r0 value of 5.6, I'll even say just use your 4.0 if you want, although that is not a valid number, but rather one you pulled from the old top range estimates to instill more fear in people here, have you done the math on that 4.0 number? The mean incubation period is 4.5 days according to the CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/...oV-2 infection.

So have you done the math on you r0=4.0 number based on the incubation period? Let's start at KNOWN cases of 200,000 on April 1st - I will even give you the benefit of the doubt HUGELY in saying the 200,000 cases in the US represents not just cases confirmed, but ALL cases (it doesn't, so this is a huge gift to you on this demonstration). based on that info, using your r0 = 4.0 and incubation period 4.5 days average, how many people in the US should have it now?

I'll tell you what. You won the argument.

Have fun out there.

Now I'm going to go 'hide in my closet'. Avoid crowds - yeah, lay low for a while.

Fortunately the choices I've made in my life for the last 40 years have put me in a position where I can ride this out. Some short term sacrifice for the greater good, as well as my own.

See ya'll in 600 days. By then this little argument won't matter.

Why? What happens in 600 days?

I've read about this. I believe it's from CNN. Complete Nonsense Network. However, it could be true. They were saying that there will be no concerts or sporting events with fans until 2022.

And here we are.

Thanks, not the Orange Satan guy! So nice to have smart people instead of mansplainers and Karens running the show.

Oh, and some pedo rocker from Detroit has it after calling it fake. It is what it is and I’ll leave it at that. I’ll let Twitter trigger the fans.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 3

Rock star Ted Nugent, who once dismissed Covid-19, told fans Monday that he has tested positive for it and "can hardly crawl out of bed"because of aches and pains.

In a video posted to Facebook, Nugent, 72, said he had had "flu symptoms for the last 10 days" and "thought I was dying."

"I was tested positive today," Nugent told fans in video that appeared to have been recorded at his Michigan ranch.

He also said why didn't we shut down for Covid 1 -18 :facepalm: :facepalm:

• Like 4

Rock star Ted Nugent, who once dismissed Covid-19, told fans Monday that he has tested positive for it and "can hardly crawl out of bed"because of aches and pains.

In a video posted to Facebook, Nugent, 72, said he had had "flu symptoms for the last 10 days" and "thought I was dying."

"I was tested positive today," Nugent told fans in video that appeared to have been recorded at his Michigan ranch.

That's just Ted being Ted. We can always count on Ted being Ted. He's as solid as a rock.

Edited by Principled Man

i got my 2nd Moderna vaccine on April 12th :) on the 26th (2 weeks after the 2nd injection) i'll be considered fully vaccinated! the first dose whooped my ass waaaaay harder than the second one, so i made sure to prepare for the second dose. if you're getting either of your vaccines soon, drink plenty of water the day before and the day of, it makes a huge difference.
  • Like 4

That's just Ted being Ted. We can always count on Ted being Ted. He's as solid as a rock.

More like dumb as a box of rocks. :eyeroll:

• Like 4

So, band's are starting to announce tour dates for this summer and fall in the United States. What does everyone think about that? Is it still too soon? I'm guessing precautions will be taken and those who don't have proof of vaccination won't be allowed in. But if even one person from a band or on the touring crews get sick, that could mean the end of the tour. I understand that the band's want to get back on the road. No one in the music world has made any money for over a year now. But we're still not at the end of this yet and I think it's still pretty risky for bands to be touring this year.
  • Like 2

So, band's are starting to announce tour dates for this summer and fall in the United States. What does everyone think about that? Is it still too soon? I'm guessing precautions will be taken and those who don't have proof of vaccination won't be allowed in. But if even one person from a band or on the touring crews get sick, that could mean the end of the tour. I understand that the band's want to get back on the road. No one in the music world has made any money for over a year now. But we're still not at the end of this yet and I think it's still pretty risky for bands to be touring this year.

I love going to concerts. I have been going for almost 50 years. Can't seem to get excited by the announcements so far.

I have secured tickets to two concerts so far for this year. That's the thing I missed the most last year, not being able to go see any live music.

I have secured tickets to two concerts so far for this year. That's the thing I missed the most last year, not being able to go see any live music.

That's what I have missed the most too. I just hope these band's are making the right choice and we don't end up seeing a number of tours canceled because someone got sick. The vaccines do help a lot but it doesn't mean that someone still can't catch covid. I'm not sure myself if I will be going to any concerts this year. I'm going to be a little more picky about who I will see live over the next year or so.

• Like 3

I've said before I love cool graphics that actually help understand the data they're exemplifying, and this graphic is cool.

But . . . to be "that guy" . . . the Plague of Justinian could not really have helped "hasten" the end of the Empire, given that the last emperor in the West had been overthrown and not replaced sixty-five years before it started, and the Eastern Empire lasted another nine hundred years, so if that's "hastening" then it can't be by much!

Great graphic. Somewhat less great commentary.

• Like 1

I've said before I love cool graphics that actually help understand the data they're exemplifying, and this graphic is cool.

But . . . to be "that guy" . . . the Plague of Justinian could not really have helped "hasten" the end of the Empire, given that the last emperor in the West had been overthrown and not replaced sixty-five years before it started, and the Eastern Empire lasted another nine hundred years, so if that's "hastening" then it can't be by much!

Great graphic. Somewhat less great commentary.

The death toll is already up to 3.7 m, partly due to Peru re-evaluating their figures and doubling their total.

• Like 3

I got hit with something around 9:30 last night. Headache, slight body aches and a vile case of the chills. Talk about shakin' all over, I was banging the stylus of my tablet against the screen like a woodpecker attacking a bug in a tree, or a palsy similar to Parkinson's. Tempature 98.8°F. Started with the Tylenol and fluids, had a fitul nights sleep. Rocky woke me up at 7 this morning, let him out and back in, temperature spike to 102.3! More Tylenol and fluids, called my PCP's office and advised them, waiting for a call back. Not as achy or chilled as last night. As it's just Rocky and I, will likely self quarrantine at home. To be continued. Shite!