Which Band Has Been The Best In The Past Decade?

ST3V

Rock in 2010-2020  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Band Do You Think Has Been The Best In The 2010's?

• Def Leppard (Def Leppard)
    • Styx (The Mission)
    • Kansas (The Prelude Implicit)
    • Boston (Life Love & Hope)
    • Van Halen (A Different Kind Of Truth)
    • AC/DC (Rock Or Bust)
    • Asia (Omega, XXX, Gravitas)
    • Bon Jovi (What About Now, Burning Bridges, This House Is Not For Sale)
    • Scorpions (Sting In The Tail, Return To Forever)
    • Soundgarden (King Animal)
    • Yes (Fly From Here, Heaven And Earth)
    • Night Ranger (Somewhere In California, High Road, Don't Let Up)
    • Journey (Eclipse)
    • Joe Walsh (Analog Man)
    • ELO (Alone In The Universe, From Out Of Nowhere)
    • Ozzy Osbourne (Scream, Ordinary Man)
    • Toto (Toto XIV, Old Is New)
    • Metallica (Hardwired... To Self Destruct)
    • Cheap Trick (Bang Zoom Crazy... Hello, Were All Alright!)
    • Y&T (Facemelter)
    • Whitesnake (Forevermore, The Purple Album, Flesh and Blood)
    • Iron Maiden (The Final Frontier, The Book Of Souls)
    • UFO (Seven Deadly, A Conspiracy of Stars, The Salentino Cuts)
    • Judas Priest (Redeemer Of Souls, Firepower)
    • David Bowie (The Next Day, Blackstar)
    • Motörhead (The Wörld Is Yours, Aftershock, Bad Magic)
    • Winger (Better Days Comin')
    • Deep Purple (Now What?!, Infinite)
    • ZZ Top (La Futura)
    • Black Sabbath (13)
    • KISS (Monster)
    • Heart (Red Velvet Car, Fanatic, Beautiful Broken)
    • Ratt (Infestation)
    • Warrant (Rockaholic, Louder Harder Faster)
    • Quiet Riot (Quiet Riot 10, Road Rage, Hollywood Cowboys)
    • Slayer (Repentless)
    • Loverboy (Rock 'n' Roll Revival, Unfinished Business)
    • Europe (Bag Of Bones, War Of Kings, Walk The Earth)
    • America (Back Pages, Lost & Found)
    • Foghat (Last Train Home, Under The Influence)

This is pretty tough. A few of these artists have one that I like a lot and maybe one that I'm lukewarm about. All 3 of Whitesnake's albums are actually really good. Coverdale keeps his voice in his Purple range, as opposed to his Slide It In - Slip of the Tongue range, and the songs on Forevermore and Flesh and Blood are excellent.

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

Extremely prolific, exceptionally talented, and unbelievably disciplined for a bunch of Australian hippies. 15 albums in 8 years.

I might not like everything in their ridiculous discography, but most of it is stupidly good. "Polygondwanaland" is a terrific prog album.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Gizzard_%26_the_Lizard_Wizard_discography

king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard-press-shot_mag.jpg

• Like 2

Sabbath. I think 13 is a fantastic album. Plenty of other good ones too...Styx, Metallica, Ozzy's Ordinary Man though not so much Scream, Maiden, Priest, Joe Walsh, etc.

I didn't find an album by this Canadian band I like called Rush. The album is titled Clockwork Angels. Really good album. If you haven't hear it, give it a listen.

Iron Maiden for me, at least from this list.

Overall, I'd say Nightwish.

• Like 2

Not sure I really know of enough of these records to vote. My favorite has probably been Muse, though Bowie and Priest provided some still competition in the second half of the 10s.

Sabbath. I think 13 is a fantastic album. Plenty of other good ones too...Styx, Metallica, Ozzy's Ordinary Man though not so much Scream, Maiden, Priest, Joe Walsh, etc.

I didn't find an album by this Canadian band I like called Rush. The album is titled Clockwork Angels. Really good album. If you haven't hear it, give it a listen.

LOL now now.. Clockwork has been discussed plenty of times here. I guess I should've clarified Whats The Best Band OTHER Than Rush In The Past Decade

As far as younger bands go, Gaslight Anthem and Dawes.

Sad that this decade is defined by pro tools pop bands like Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons. Millennials hate rock unless memes and Hot Topic tells them a few that are “cool.”

While Imagine Dragons and (more inexplicably) Maroon 5 have been very dominant forces for the past decade or so, I don't think you're right to make the blanket statement that "millennials hate rock." I have met plenty of people my own age and younger who love rock and roll, the classic kind I know you're referring to. However it is more the alternative than the mainstream.

I think the Hot Topic argument is kind of short sighted. Have you been in a Hot Topic? They sell plenty of merch for bands not named 21 Pilots or Fall Out Boy or My Chemical Romance. I always see Slayer and Metallica shirts harkening back to the 80s, and Zeppelin and Sabbath shirts, and Queen and The Grateful Dead and Prince and many others. Sure the selection isn't very deep, but it isn't limited to a very narrow-range of artists either. I don't really see how getting exposure to new music at a Hot Topic or through memes is necessarily worse than getting it via the radio or the internet or a friend.

I'm gonna elect Foo Fighters because they had 3 albums since 2010 and were left off the list.

Must be some strong hatred for Foos since Foghat was included and Foos were not.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I'm gonna elect Foo Fighters because they had 3 albums since 2010 and were left off the list.

Must be some strong hatred for Foos since Foghat was included and Foos were not.

giphy.gif

Oooh very true. Wasting Light in particular is as good as any hard rock album from the 70s. Sonic Highways and Concrete And Gold are both great as well.

• Like 2

giphy.gif

I can only name 1 Foo Fighters song, and I don't even remember how it goes. They didn't even cross my mind