What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I wish everyone could be here to hear what it sounds like outside right now. It's awful. I'm not talking about bottle rockets - these are explosions going off.

Been happening in my neighborhood all day. I wouldn't mind if we were out in the country and there were big yards and people had space to do it. But I live in the city where everything is very close to each other so the odds of one of these braindead f***s setting something on fire is much greater.

How do they not run out of fireworks? It's like everyone doing them has an unlimited supply.

That's what I'm afraid of - fire.

We have loads of dry bush fields. Also, everyone just cut their hay. Many baled their hay, others did not - either way, fields either have piles of baled hay or dried hay on the ground.

It was insane here in Utah last night, since so many public displays were cancelled this year it seems everyone has gone overboard. Heck we even have people who drive up to Wyoming to get the illegal fireworks that our state doesn't allow. That has been the case pre pandemic but I wish that everyone would wise up. Just like Lorraine said, everything is so dry it is crazy to set off fireworks. We are still fighting a big fire in southern Utah that was started by fireworks. I watered down the lawn good since we have a church nearby and people use the parking lot to set their rockets off there. Thing is we will be having more tonight, they are allowed to do that by law. Then they will start up again around the 22nd. We have a state holiday on the 24th, it celebrates the day the pioneers came to Utah. There usually is a big rodeo and parade but of course that was cancelled too. I always enjoyed sparklers and the little spinners that stayed on the ground but I saw some kids yesterday out with sparklers but no parents in sight. Asking for trouble... :smash:

My sister's dog is terrified of the sound, she has tried one of those thundershirts but it doesn't help that much. She told me she put white noise on and wrapped the dog is a blanket which she sprayed lavender scent on. My husband always jokes that we are being bombarded and it does sound like that, no wonder the animals freak out.

Where are you in UT? My sister, bro in law, nice and nephew live in Draper. My BIL pitched for the Utes and even got drafted by the Dodgers. I flew from Ontario to visit them last Thanksgiving. Never been there for 4th although I visited them in July a couple of times.

• Like 1

We now have a Heather Heyer in Seattle:

https://www.bbc.com/...canada-53291289

Blood is on the hands of the Trump administration and his hateful American Taliban cult.

:eyeroll:

Join SOCN for politics.

I wish he would. He always so angry. Maybe he needs to blow off steam in there.

It would be interesting if the rest of the story would be shared. Sometimes first impressions aren't always accurate.

Oops, here it is now...

https://apnews.com/767ccce98285f8ab8f7312dc769462e5?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Edited by laughedatbytime

Blood is on the hands of the Trump administration and his hateful American Taliban cult.

Join SOCN for politics.

It would be interesting if the rest of the story would be shared. Sometimes first impressions aren't always accurate.

Oops, here it is now...

https://apnews.com/767ccce98285f8ab8f7312dc769462e5?utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

"Kelete’s lawyer, John Henry Browne, said his client, who is Black, did not intentionally hit the protesters. He said the crash was a “horrible, horrible accident.”

“There’s absolutely nothing political about this case whatsoever,” Browne told The Associated Press. “My client is in tears. He’s very remorseful. He feels tremendous guilt"

Airwave?

• Like 1

I live around a bunch of retirees on a mountain. great view of the fireworks, miles from where they were actually happening. the only person in the neighborhood who "parties" is me, and by party I mean drink beer and play steely dan cds on the porch
  • Like 3

Join SOCN for politics.

Oops, here it is now...

https://apnews.com/7...aign=SocialFlow

"Kelete’s lawyer, John Henry Browne, said his client, who is Black, did not intentionally hit the protesters. He said the crash was a “horrible, horrible accident.”

“There’s absolutely nothing political about this case whatsoever,” Browne told The Associated Press. “My client is in tears. He’s very remorseful. He feels tremendous guilt"

Airwave?

yeah, I had the same initial outrage airwave did, but once I read about it, it sounded like it was hard to avoid hitting someone. I'm sure someone out there thinks this guy was a self-hating uncle tom, but I look at it more like... you might get hit if you stand on the interstate. and I'm probably the most anti-cop person on the board now that DRP is no longer with us

I live around a bunch of retirees on a mountain. great view of the fireworks, miles from where they were actually happening. the only person in the neighborhood who "parties" is me, and by party I mean drink beer and play steely dan cds on the porch

In my books that's called 'chillin' out' lol!
  • Like 1

Fukkin hippie radical

Join SOCN for politics.

Oops, here it is now...

There's a reason why I no longer follow politics. Aside from the fact that there's nothing new under the sun, and the only thing that changes is the names and faces, and that we keep going around in the same circle, I found myself always angry and feeling too much hate. Life is hard enough without expending my energies on people and events who are only jerking my chains and using me to further their own ends.

• Like 3

Join SOCN for politics.

Oops, here it is now...

There's a reason why I no longer follow politics. Aside from the fact that there's nothing new under the sun, and the only thing that changes is the names and faces, and that we keep going around in the same circle, I found myself always angry and feeling too much hate. Life is hard enough without expending my energies on people and events who are only jerking my chains and using me to further their own ends.

"I found myself always angry and feeling too much hate."

The exact reason I don't follow politics, watch the news or will ever vote again.

• Like 2

Join SOCN for politics.

Oops, here it is now...

Same here.

Polititians, regardless of party affiliation, only care about their agenda. No point in getting so worked up over people who couldn't care less about you.

• Like 2

I wish everyone could be here to hear what it sounds like outside right now. It's awful. I'm not talking about bottle rockets - these are explosions going off.

Been happening in my neighborhood all day. I wouldn't mind if we were out in the country and there were big yards and people had space to do it. But I live in the city where everything is very close to each other so the odds of one of these braindead f***s setting something on fire is much greater.

How do they not run out of fireworks? It's like everyone doing them has an unlimited supply.

That's what I'm afraid of - fire.

We have loads of dry bush fields. Also, everyone just cut their hay. Many baled their hay, others did not - either way, fields either have piles of baled hay or dried hay on the ground.

It was insane here in Utah last night, since so many public displays were cancelled this year it seems everyone has gone overboard. Heck we even have people who drive up to Wyoming to get the illegal fireworks that our state doesn't allow. That has been the case pre pandemic but I wish that everyone would wise up. Just like Lorraine said, everything is so dry it is crazy to set off fireworks. We are still fighting a big fire in southern Utah that was started by fireworks. I watered down the lawn good since we have a church nearby and people use the parking lot to set their rockets off there. Thing is we will be having more tonight, they are allowed to do that by law. Then they will start up again around the 22nd. We have a state holiday on the 24th, it celebrates the day the pioneers came to Utah. There usually is a big rodeo and parade but of course that was cancelled too. I always enjoyed sparklers and the little spinners that stayed on the ground but I saw some kids yesterday out with sparklers but no parents in sight. Asking for trouble... :smash:

My sister's dog is terrified of the sound, she has tried one of those thundershirts but it doesn't help that much. She told me she put white noise on and wrapped the dog is a blanket which she sprayed lavender scent on. My husband always jokes that we are being bombarded and it does sound like that, no wonder the animals freak out.

Where are you in UT? My sister, bro in law, nice and nephew live in Draper. My BIL pitched for the Utes and even got drafted by the Dodgers. I flew from Ontario to visit them last Thanksgiving. Never been there for 4th although I visited them in July a couple of times.

We are in a western suburb of Salt Lake, Draper is 20 or so miles south of here. That's cool about your BIL, GO UTES!

Edited by Rhyta

someone used my credit card, twice :o how does this happen?

and you know one thing they spent it on?

Doughnuts!

WHAT!!!!??!!!!

I hate doughnuts - well, I'm not the one who bought them, am I?

Don't buy anything on line - this just proves that secure websites are not secure... :tsk: someone will just pick up your number and carry on. I am not even remotely amused :fury:

• Like 1

Doughnuts!

WHAT!!!!??!!!!

Don't buy anything on line - this just proves that secure websites are not secure... :tsk: someone will just pick up your number and carry on. I am not even remotely amused :fury:

A common place for your info to get stolen is restaurants. Low-wage employees sometimes lift the number. Gas stations is another, where readers are used.

Lol, about the donuts. My number got copied at a gas station in California and someone bought $500 in video game stuff at Toys R US. They caught that pretty quick. My friend's got lifted in a local restaurant and the thief bought camera gear out of France with it. :LOL:

• Like 2

Doughnuts!

WHAT!!!!??!!!!

A common place for your info to get stolen is restaurants. Low-wage employees sometimes lift the number. Gas stations is another, where readers are used.

Lol, about the donuts. My number got copied at a gas station in California and someone bought $500 in video game stuff at Toys R US. They caught that pretty quick. My friend's got lifted in a local restaurant and the thief bought camera gear out of France with it. :LOL:

I just got the card, and I use it once and blammo! I used it on an online store from Maine (not mentioning name) and then I get a phone call that some moose purchased $60 worth of doughnuts in Georgia (from what I can tell). What is that? This is why I don't use my card - Stupid and rude and wrong! :rage:

Doughnuts!

WHAT!!!!??!!!!

Ugh. The worst! After something similar happened to my daughter, I made sure fraud alerts by text are turned on to my phone. It worked out well 2 months ago when we got a text- "Did you just spend 900 something dollars at Guitar Shop in Austin Texas?" Big fat NO. :LOL:

It's a pain, though, when you have recurring stuff like Netflix on the card and you have to remember to change everything.

My husband keeps joking they should have a fraud alert that notifies him when I buy yet another Rush item . . . :P

• Like 5

Doughnuts!

WHAT!!!!??!!!!

Mine was stolen about two years ago and used for Uber and Lyft rides in California.

It was a debit/credit card and I used to check the balance almost every day. Good thing too. The uber/lyft riders would have wiped out my account if I didn't.

Edited by Lorraine

Doughnuts!

WHAT!!!!??!!!!

Mine was stolen about two years ago and used for Uber and Lyft rides in California.

It was a debit/credit card and I used to check the balance almost every day. Good thing too. The uber/lyft riders would have wiped out my account if I didn't.

I had a purchase on my card last year and I couldn't figure out how they got my card number. I think the charge took place while I was a football game and had my credit card in my backpack. It got scanned there at the game by someone with a portable skimmer. Since then I have bought some of the card sleeves that block RFID scans. So far so good.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 4

Doughnuts!

WHAT!!!!??!!!!

Who the hell hates donuts?

With a lot of people out of work right now we need to be more aware of cyber theft. When people are desperate for cash they may learn to do things like that. A few months ago my brother had a bank account opened in his name that he did not open. The thief hacked into his bank account, took $500 out and used it to open this other account. He noticed the money missing and reported it to his bank. It wasn't until a few days later when he got something in the mail thanking him for opening the account that he found out where the missing cash was. He made some calls and the fake account was closed and the money sent back to his actual bank.

The person has all his personal information though. That's the scary thing. My brother's credit sucks though since he has a car repossession on his name. So, the person can't really do much with the name due to the bad credit. He hasn't noticed anything else happening since then. We think it was just someone trying to see what they could get away with and they moved on once they got caught.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 4

Doughnuts!

WHAT!!!!??!!!!

Who the hell hates donuts?

With a lot of people out of work right now we need to be more aware of cyber theft. When people are desperate for cash they may learn to do things like that. A few months ago my brother had a bank account opened in his name that he did not open. The thief hacked into his bank account, took $500 out and used it to open this other account. He noticed the money missing and reported it to his bank. It wasn't until a few days later when he got something in the mail thanking him for opening the account that he found out where the missing cash was. He made some calls and the fake account was closed and the money sent back to his actual bank.

The person has all his personal information though. That's the scary thing. My brother's credit sucks though since he has a car repossession on his name. So, the person can't really do much with the name due to the bad credit. He hasn't noticed anything else happening since then. We think it was just someone trying to see what they could get away with and they moved on once they got caught.

Big problem down here is pricks with portable skimmers targeting gasoline pumps.

Ftb, I'm at a gas station locally, it's straight cash, homie. As far as vacation I'll probably walk inside the station and hand them the credit card, because I'll likely make other purchases there.

Doughnuts!

WHAT!!!!??!!!!

I had a purchase on my card last year and I couldn't figure out how they got my card number. I think the charge took place while I was a football game and had my credit card in my backpack. It got scanned there at the game by someone with a portable skimmer. Since then I have bought some of the card sleeves that block RFID scans. So far so good.

Where did you get the sleeves? Thanks!
  • Like 1