What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Grrr. Got out to the cell site at 11pm as scheduled. Got on the conference call, and 2 critical sites were left off of our list. Coordinator did not have addresses or latitude/longitude coords for these sites, so we had no way of adding them since we didn't know where to find the towers. Project cancelled for the night.

Oh well, at least I get to bank the per diem for it anyway.

• Like 2

QUOTE (Mara @ May 18 2010, 01:31 AM)
Grrr. Got out to the cell site at 11pm as scheduled. Got on the conference call, and 2 critical sites were left off of our list. Coordinator did not have addresses or latitude/longitude coords for these sites, so we had no way of adding them since we didn't know where to find the towers. Project cancelled for the night.

Those per diems will do a nice job of offsetting that VIP package, I'm thinking. wink.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 18 2010, 01:36 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ May 18 2010, 01:31 AM)
Grrr. Got out to the cell site at 11pm as scheduled.  Got on the conference call, and 2 critical sites were left off of our list.  Coordinator did not have addresses or latitude/longitude coords for these sites, so we had no way of adding them since we didn't know where to find the towers.  Project cancelled for the night.

Those per diems will do a nice job of offsetting that VIP package, I'm thinking. wink.gif

One of two reasons I volunteered! (The other is, of course, to kiss ass). laugh.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (Mara @ May 18 2010, 12:31 AM)

They should've gotten Chloe to open up a secure socket, then upload the parameters to your PDA. sad.gif Some people just don't know how to run a situation.

QUOTE (sullysue @ May 17 2010, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 17 2010, 02:49 PM)
Kerry got punched in the face by a guy who was "joking around" in Literature class - this boy is a total goof-off with no parental guidance at all.  The boy got suspended, even though he wasn't really picking a fight - he was just being stupid.

What pisses me off?  When Kerry got punched, he tore into the guy and hit him back - and Kerry got ISD (in school detention) for tomorrow, and will miss his last band rehearsal before the concert.

The principal said she knew Kerry reacted by reflex and that he had a right to defend himself, but "there are consequences."

UGH.

Man, that sucks.

At the start of the school year, Patrick was bugging one of his friends in gym class and the kid punched Patch square in the nose. It bled on and off for most of that day. Patrick got in-school suspension. Why? For inciting an incident. Zero tolerance sometimes makes zero sense.

Yes, the zero tolerance thing is ridiculous.

On the bright side, I did convince the powers that be to let Kerry out of jail to go to band so he could rehearse with them for tonight.

Kerry got punched in the face by a guy who was "joking around" in Literature class - this boy is a total goof-off with no parental guidance at all. The boy got suspended, even though he wasn't really picking a fight - he was just being stupid.

What pisses me off? When Kerry got punched, he tore into the guy and hit him back - and Kerry got ISD (in school detention) for tomorrow, and will miss his last band rehearsal before the concert.

The principal said she knew Kerry reacted by reflex and that he had a right to defend himself, but "there are consequences."

UGH.

What is the world coming to? A friend of mine has a 17 year old son that got into a fight at school. He didn't start it. The teacher and the principal even admitted that he didn't start it. The school's policy is to call the police and my friends son was issued a ticket.

What in the hell is he supposed to do? Stand there and let the other kid whip his ass?

I don't think your boy did anything wrong at all.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ May 18 2010, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ May 17 2010, 04:02 PM)
Kerry got punched in the face by a guy who was "joking around" in Literature class - this boy is a total goof-off with no parental guidance at all.  The boy got suspended, even though he wasn't really picking a fight - he was just being stupid.

What pisses me off?  When Kerry got punched, he tore into the guy and hit him back - and Kerry got ISD (in school detention) for tomorrow, and will miss his last band rehearsal before the concert.

UGH.

Man, that sucks.

At the start of the school year, Patrick was bugging one of his friends in gym class and the kid punched Patch square in the nose. It bled on and off for most of that day. Patrick got in-school suspension. Why? For inciting an incident. Zero tolerance sometimes makes zero sense.

Yes, the zero tolerance thing is ridiculous.

On the bright side, I did convince the powers that be to let Kerry out of jail to go to band so he could rehearse with them for tonight.

Good deal. I'm glad he won't miss out on the practice. smile.gif

I did talk to the counselor after that situation, who offered some reasonable perspective when she said that it's better to overreact when they are this age than to lead them to believe that their behavior, not matter how innocuous, has no consequences. In all fairness, we are talking about a school with a population of at least a hundred testosterone-charged males who haven't figured out how to deal with all that comes with the hormonefest that is early teenagerism.

But, still... suspension? I thought that was a little much.

I am ripshit at Der Trom's asshole superiors at work. They're going to give him a total breakdown one of these days if they don't manipulate things into being able to fire him before that angry.gif

A fight was stirring up right inbetween me, the fight didn't happen but it got very close...

(guy talking poop about the guy on the left here) (me) (the guy talkig poop about the guy on the right here)

really sucked... And in art class (right after tutorial which is when the first fight took place) some guy wanted to fight me because I was being sarcastic to him... facepalm.gif confused13.gif

What a moron.

I had to retake a DP class in Houston that I took eight years ago because the five year time limit expired and I couldn't submit the original class certificate to get my DP certificate from the Nautical Institute in the UK. Well, I drove four hours there, paid them $2698 for the class (my company paid for it the first time), spent four days taking the class, get my certificate, drive four hours back home and realize I left my certificate at the f***ing school. I just about had a brain embolism when I realized what I had done.

It's really not that big a deal though. All I have to do is call them tomorrow and ask them to Fedex it to me. It still pissed me off at the time however.

Edited by Ghost of a Rider

Sitting at the Holland Tunnel for 45 minutes this morning on the drive into work. But, I'm all better now....thanks to a friend smile.gif

I dunno why FedEx always decides to deliver stuff when I'm in the shower and I miss them. I guess I'll have to wait till Monday to get my Rush tickets. eh.gif

QUOTE (Handle With Kid Gloves @ May 28 2010, 04:11 PM)
Some A-Hole of a semi driver hit my cousin last night.. He's in the hospital now, he needs reconstructive surgery on his leg and he has bleeding in his brain.. so we'll see how this turns out sad.gif

That sucks TJ. I hope he's ok. sad.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ May 28 2010, 02:02 PM)
QUOTE (Handle With Kid Gloves @ May 28 2010, 04:11 PM)
Some A-Hole of a semi driver hit my cousin last night.. He's in the hospital now, he needs reconstructive surgery on his leg and he has bleeding in his brain.. so we'll see how this turns out sad.gif

That sucks TJ. I hope he's ok. sad.gif

Thanks smile.gif