What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jun 15 2010, 01:08 AM)
And then I'll basically spend July traveling (Detroit, Toronto, Raleigh, Blacksburg, and maybe Richmond)

Yeah, but look at the bright side......all those places are going to feel like a refrigerator compared to Augusta this summer. laugh.gif

The yard waste bin is full so I've had to put grass clippings in recyclable brown bags. All is stored in the garage and it is stinking to high happy hell. The stuff won't be picked up until Friday morning. I'm gagging. Hardcore gagging. The smell is awful. It's permeating through the house. Edited by Janie

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 15 2010, 04:57 PM)
The yard waste bin is full so I've had to put grass clippings in recyclable brown bags. All is stored in the garage and it is stinking to high happy hell. The stuff won't be picked up until Friday morning. I'm gagging. Hardcore gagging. The smell is awful. It's permeating through the house.

You ever try composting?

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 15 2010, 01:59 PM)
The yard waste bin is full so I've had to put grass clippings in recyclable brown bags. All is stored in the garage and it is stinking to high happy hell. The stuff won't be picked up until Friday morning. I'm gagging. Hardcore gagging. The smell is awful. It's permeating through the house.

You ever try composting?

I don't need that same level of stink emanating from the backyard!

Speaking of which, my neighbor in back of me "recycles" his yard waste into the protected wet land that is in back of both our homes. He has thrown some sort of weed/grass back there that is taking over a huge chunk of area and has been creeping into our backyard. I'm having a heck of time getting rid of it. I'm thinking of reporting him.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 15 2010, 05:04 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 15 2010, 01:59 PM)

You ever try composting?

I don't need that same level of stink emanating from the backyard!

Composting if done properly doesn't stink at all. I'm surprised it's not more popular in Seattle. You are basically putting all that stuff in an enclosed bin, and mixed in the right proportions and with enough water, you end up starting a reaction that breaks down all that stuff into rich black dirt.

I really, really want to pave the entire yard. Right up to the front door.

Ok these mosquitoes really need to f**k off and leave me alone! My first night here I went on a bike ride and got bit 6 times in the same spot, I'm thinking it was the same one cause the bites were so close together. Got bit a few more times on the mountain climb the other day and last night I got devoured out on the lake in the boat. angry.gif

DEATH TO ALL BLOODSUCKERS!!! rage.gif

Other than that... I'm really loving it here.

tongue.gif

Sneaking around, up early, trying to get ready for work...and Stephen wakes up at 6:40...

Now I have to leave for work and worry all day that he'll be upset because I left him.

If I can get out the door before he wakes up, he's okay...so this starts the day off badly. I hate this.

Saw a dead kitty on the way to work sad.gif

Kitties DO NOT belong outside in the city!!! If they live on a farm in the country, then fine, they will be safe outside! If you can't take care of your animals, you shouldn't have any angry.gif

Oh, I have a headache, too wacko.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Jun 18 2010, 05:06 AM)
Saw a dead kitty on the way to work sad.gif

Kitties DO NOT belong outside in the city!!! If they live on a farm in the country, then fine, they will be safe outside! If you can't take care of your animals, you shouldn't have any angry.gif

Oh, I have a headache, too wacko.gif

I feel the same way. We have two kitties and they stay indoors. Growing up we had outdoor kitties and never again. They were always bringing home "gifts", always chewed up to bits because of fights, they would disappear for days sometimes, come back with (non-TRF) ticks and their fur was always nasty because of stuff they would roll around in.

Right now we live in an area where there are a lot of coyote and whenever a new family moves in and they have an outdoor cat, within days there's a "missing" note posted around. We live right next to a wetland and I've heard my fair share of coyote getting those kitties. Not pretty.

I'm in a mood today. There's so much that I need to get done around the house and yard and there's never time.

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 18 2010, 02:12 PM)
Everybody I came in contact with, as usual.

You sound like me.

I'm an old grump.

Drama at work. I mean, come on... Is this high school or a professional place of business? Mind your own business, and I will mind mine. Simple. I don't want to sound like I'm betraying my gender, but sometimes women are a pain in the ass to work with. Myself included, I guess. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jun 18 2010, 07:15 PM)
Drama at work. I mean, come on... Is this high school or a professional place of business? Mind your own business, and I will mind mine. Simple. I don't want to sound like I'm betraying my gender, but sometimes women are a pain in the ass to work with. Myself included, I guess. eyesre4.gif

Women are the WORST to work with... (not including you smile.gif )

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 18 2010, 07:41 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jun 18 2010, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Jun 18 2010, 02:12 PM)
Everybody I came in contact with, as usual.

You sound like me.

I'm an old grump.

I'm a young grump. eyesre4.gif

Born the year before I got MARRIED.

Yep, you're young.

Now, help granny across the street... old.gif

When I'm running errands with an erratic toddler stomping and yelling all over the place and holding an infant the size of a small moose in his car seat who's blathering at the top of his lungs, with my hair as frazzled as my nerves and constantly giving you that look while hollering at my neurotic toddler to stay close to me, please don't ask me about my day, or if I want to apply for a credit card to your store so I can save 10% (about $3.50) on today's purchase. Just concentrate on doing whatever it is you need to do to get me out of that store while an ounce of sanity is still in me.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 18 2010, 08:19 PM)
When I'm running errands with an erratic toddler stomping and yelling all over the place and holding an infant the size of a small moose in his car seat who's blathering at the top of his lungs, with my hair as frazzled as my nerves and constantly giving you that look while hollering at my neurotic toddler to stay close to me, please don't ask me about my day, or if I want to apply for a credit card to your store so I can save 10% (about $3.50) on today's purchase. Just concentrate on doing whatever it is you need to do to get me out of that store while an ounce of sanity is still in me.

Holy crap, Janie. Have I been there. Oy vei. wacko.gif

Hugs... hug2.gif

Love... heart.gif

and

Alcohol... cosmo.gif or pills... wacko.gif or neither. pokey.gif

The TRF Mommy Mantra. smile.gif

Edited by sullysue

It didn't piss me off, rather it's made me a little uneasy... but I can't find my cell phone. I've tried calling it, but it's on vibrate and ring so I'd hear it going off. I went to a baseball game tonight with a friend, and I'm pretty sure that it just slid out of my pocket either on the way to the game or on the way home. I would have heard it hitting the ground, so I don't believe that it fell out while I was watching the game. I've left him a message on Facebook asking him to please look for it when he's able to, and to tell me whether or not he found it so I'll check back when he responds.

By the way... I can easily live without my phone. The thing is, I'm about to get a new iPhone from my grandparents, and I was planning on giving this one to my mom so that she can give hers to my dad. That, and the fact that I kind of need the phone until I get the new one in case of an emergency, is what's making me nervous.

I've had it with these effing skylights. We have two, and even though they're meant to be low-E (meaning they aren't supposed to let a lot of heat through), they are miserable to live with during the summer. I feel like an ant under a magnifying glass when I'm in the kitchen.

I'm hitting Home Depot today and covering these bitches for the rest of the summer. From the inside - and it won't be tacky.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jun 19 2010, 04:35 PM)
I've had it with these effing skylights. We have two, and even though they're meant to be low-E (meaning they aren't supposed to let a lot of heat through), they are miserable to live with during the summer. I feel like an ant under a magnifying glass when I'm in the kitchen.

I'm hitting Home Depot today and covering these bitches for the rest of the summer. From the inside - and it won't be tacky.

Heh....

You should try living where I do....this would NEVER be a problem, trust me laugh.gif