What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Effing County has had my online order for Rocky's dog license for a month without delivering his tag. Tried to call County Animal Care, but they routed me to a generic customer service line, who verified the order (for which the bank already debited me), but couldn't verify the tags mailing, giving me the usual Covid excuse.

Somehow I didn't start ranting about "you thieving motherf---ers taking my money..."

I'll give them another two weeks before ramping this up. If I go on vaca and need to put Rocky in a dog hotel, those facilities want a license and a health certificate from the vet.

• Like 1

Effing County has had my online order for Rocky's dog license for a month without delivering his tag. Tried to call County Animal Care, but they routed me to a generic customer service line, who verified the order (for which the bank already debited me), but couldn't verify the tags mailing, giving me the usual Covid excuse.

Somehow I didn't start ranting about "you thieving motherf---ers taking my money..."

I'll give them another two weeks before ramping this up. If I go on vaca and need to put Rocky in a dog hotel, those facilities want a license and a health certificate from the vet.

:rantoff:

but yeah that sucks...

• Like 1

I got some scrambled eggs and ham stuck in my esophagus this morning! :rage: It stuck there for a good 20-30 minutes. I couldn’t even swallow a tiny bit of water.

I’m 58 years old, and I’m still experiencing new kinds of PAIN....

• Like 2

Get Rocky in the car for a ride and go the library's curbside pick up of a book I had on hold. Click, click, click, ah, the sound of a dead or dying battery. Call AAA , they send a tech who gives battery a boost, car turns over. After running a couple minutes, the tech says battery is likely toast, may not hold a charge. I say heck with it, replace the battery. 20 minutes and $$ later I'm rolling. Sheesh! Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

What pissed me off today???

Everything!!!!!

I lost my watch

I broke my bracelet

I went for a routine oil change only to find out that the person who had the car before me took it to a place for an oil change who jammed in the wrong size plug so tightly, that the lube place couldn't get it out, which necessitated me in going to another place twenty miles away to get it done. $200 later, it came out.

And then ................................ the book I ordered from Amazon finally arrived.

Except they sent the book not in English, but in French!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

• Like 1

:(

Now look at the above post.

How did that ever happen????????

I give up.

On top of everything else, I realized how absolutely useless my husband has become. He's as useful to me as a 4 year old would be. I'm sorry if that sounds unfeeling and harsh, but it's true. It really came home today to me how bad he is.

What pissed me off? Realizing one of my worst fears sure did!

My 80-year old mother took a small spill in the back patio...while I was in the shower. :o She lost her balance while tending to the cucumber and tomato plants. I got out of the shower, got dressed, thought I heard something, and as I walked up the stairs, sure enough, Ma was calling for help. I bolted out the back door, and there she was, on her butt, with the huge tomato planter knocked over.

She's fine. Just a fair-sized scrape on her knee and shin. It's all patched up, and we're laughing about it NOW..... but to be honest, I have waking nightmares about these scenarios. I'm at work, or she's out shopping, and something happens.....with me not around. It's a horrible feeling.....

• Like 1

What pissed me off? Realizing one of my worst fears sure did!

My 80-year old mother took a small spill in the back patio...while I was in the shower. :o She lost her balance while tending to the cucumber and tomato plants. I got out of the shower, got dressed, thought I heard something, and as I walked up the stairs, sure enough, Ma was calling for help. I bolted out the back door, and there she was, on her butt, with the huge tomato planter knocked over.

She's fine. Just a fair-sized scrape on her knee and shin. It's all patched up, and we're laughing about it NOW..... but to be honest, I have waking nightmares about these scenarios. I'm at work, or she's out shopping, and something happens.....with me not around. It's a horrible feeling.....

:hug2: :hug2: Hugs to you and your mom! :heart: I'm so glad she is ok! Your mind runs through the worst.

I worry about the same with my mom, all in her eighties. She has been living alone (temporarily we hope) since my Dad passed in June. She hasn't quite figured out that my sisters and I have designated times to call her; she gets called 2-3 times a day to be sure she hasn't fallen somewhere. (A nearby cousin and next door neighbor are on speed dial in case she doesn't answer.) She said she needs a little time but it is worrisome.

• Like 2

Covid, covid pissed me off today. It deserves it, but I know it's a waste of time expending emotional energy on something that only knows its own self preservation at the expense of others.

Actually, that last line was aimed at Trump.

• Like 2

Got charged £400 (approx. 530 USD) for an annual car service today! Not expecting that kind of price.
  • Like 1

Seeing a commercial for the 2020 Video Music Awards.

Jesus K Riest, where do they come up with this garbage?

The landfill, of course....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tAoQriu8_KM/Teb30xlsTZI/AAAAAAAABxM/opowvhB1O3I/s1600/landfill.jpg

• Like 1

someone used my credit card, twice :o how does this happen?

and you know one thing they spent it on?

Doughnuts!

WHAT!!!!??!!!!

I hate doughnuts - well, I'm not the one who bought them, am I?

Don't buy anything on line - this just proves that secure websites are not secure... :tsk: someone will just pick up your number and carry on. I am not even remotely amused :fury:

Mine was stolen about two years ago and used for Uber and Lyft rides in California.

It was a debit/credit card and I used to check the balance almost every day. Good thing too. The uber/lyft riders would have wiped out my account if I didn't.

I had a purchase on my card last year and I couldn't figure out how they got my card number. I think the charge took place while I was a football game and had my credit card in my backpack. It got scanned there at the game by someone with a portable skimmer. Since then I have bought some of the card sleeves that block RFID scans. So far so good.

Where did you get the sleeves? Thanks!

I think my hubby found them in a catalog, like Sharper Image or something like that.

I give up.

On top of everything else, I realized how absolutely useless my husband has become. He's as useful to me as a 4 year old would be. I'm sorry if that sounds unfeeling and harsh, but it's true. It really came home today to me how bad he is.

Life just throws a wrench in when you least expect or need it. There is nothing like car troubles to drive you crazy. It's not like you need anymore chaos in your life right now. Saying I am sorry to hear this doesn't make much of a difference to your situation, wish I had something I could do or say to help. :hug2:

I give up.

Virtual hug Lorraine.............

RE: credit cards...

Use them as credit cards, NEVER as debit! I do everything with a visa/mastercard as a CREDIT purchase, if it gets compromised who cares? Everything is addressed by them and at worse i get a new card. The thieves never have direct access to the cash in my bank account (ie - debit). Plus, if your credit is good and you pay the balance each month, the credit card company pays you to use their card in cash back/rewards.

Debit is for people with bad credit, fools, and/or tinfoil hats. Even a secured credit card is better than using debit. Yuck. Just asking for trouble. And worse, the bank decides if you get your money back in a debit fraud situation. It's actually not a guarantee they will or will do it in a timely manner. And heaven forbid your bank account gets drained and assessed with a ton of overage fees. Now they really got you at their mercy, because THEY control that fee scale and whether THEY will reverse them. This is a blind spot in so many people's finances, and the banks literally earn their living taking advantage of the ignorance.

Fwiw, I do a lot of credit transacting online, really limited locally (gas and food mostly). I have in 27+ years using credit daily only had an account compromised a couple times, and in every case it was an institution getting hacked and my information stolen. Not through skimmers or scanners.

Edited by stoopid

Get Rocky in the car for a ride and go the library's curbside pick up of a book I had on hold. Click, click, click, ah, the sound of a dead or dying battery. Call AAA , they send a tech who gives battery a boost, car turns over. After running a couple minutes, the tech says battery is likely toast, may not hold a charge. I say heck with it, replace the battery. 20 minutes and $$ later I'm rolling. Sheesh!

Get in the car this morning, dashboard is not lit up. Hit the ignition, silence, nothing. Call AAA like last time, they have a technician out in barely 20 minutes. He hooks up a booster and says "crank it up." Ignition clicks, then fires. Car runs for a minute, tech says turn on the lights and AC. Car runs for another minute, tech says, shut it down. "Don't know what to tell you, battery just plain failed. You're covered, no charge, give me 10 minutes and I'll have a new battery installed", which he did, quick and clean, easy peasy. When I asked wtf happened he just shrugged and said "don't know, probably the last replacement battery was crap. It happens." He splits, and five minutes later, I'm headed out for groceries. Sheesh.
  • Like 1

Our house got egged! (I know, but it's not even October yet.). Only one egg, but it was warm enough on Sunday that it really baked on the brick on the front of the house before I saw it. I've been working on that stupid egg splatter for 2 days and it's not even all the way off yet. Super egg! :banghead: What a pain.
  • Like 1

Our house got egged! (I know, but it's not even October yet.). Only one egg, but it was warm enough on Sunday that it really baked on the brick on the front of the house before I saw it. I've been working on that stupid egg splatter for 2 days and it's not even all the way off yet. Super egg! :banghead: What a pain.

Happened to my family and I when we moved from Claremont to Upland in July 2003 just after we moved in on Memorial Day weekend. My mom suspects it has to do with previous home owners who sabotaged us with some bad living conditions like no air conditioning for example. It was like a mini Money Pit situation.

This was also just minutes after I arrived home with friends on a camping trip that led to touring Hearst Castle.

• Like 2