What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

US Postal sucks 100 kinds of ass.

I'm doing a swap with someone from a FB group - each party is responsible for paying postage on their end. It's nail polish, so roughly a 3-4 oz package. I have the padded envelopes and it is perfectly legal to ship polish through the mail in the US.

But....since there's no Paypal transaction, I logged onto USPS to get my shipment ready. Except they only offer priority shipping services online, no first class. This is NAIL POLISH, hardly an emergency. So now I have to go to the goddamn brick and mortar location, which is in Bumfuck, Back of Beyond. I'm not filling out any damn forms either; I don't work for the post office and they can pay for my inconvenience by doing all the work they get taxpayer money to do.

I'm sorry your physical office isn't closer! Ours is a few blocks away and I love the guys in there, they give me all kinds of help. One is my hero since he is the one in 2015 that figured out how I could send my AFTK album to Buffalo and put in a return pkg. so I could get it back with autographs on it. I love him!

I use the USPS website a lot at home as well and First class usually shows up pretty easily when it applies. They always put the Priority prices at the top but then usually list the other options underneath. I used to have to ship a lot of art supplies and misc to my daughter in school. It might be, that for something like nail polish, it weighs out a little too heavy for First Class? I dunno. I hope they can work it out for you!

• Like 2

I'm doing a swap with someone from a FB group - each party is responsible for paying postage on their end. It's nail polish, so roughly a 3-4 oz package. I have the padded envelopes and it is perfectly legal to ship polish through the mail in the US.

But....since there's no Paypal transaction, I logged onto USPS to get my shipment ready. Except they only offer priority shipping services online, no first class. This is NAIL POLISH, hardly an emergency. So now I have to go to the goddamn brick and mortar location, which is in Bumfuck, Back of Beyond. I'm not filling out any damn forms either; I don't work for the post office and they can pay for my inconvenience by doing all the work they get taxpayer money to do.

I'm sorry your physical office isn't closer! Ours is a few blocks away and I love the guys in there, they give me all kinds of help. One is my hero since he is the one in 2015 that figured out how I could send my AFTK album to Buffalo and put in a return pkg. so I could get it back with autographs on it. I love him!

I use the USPS website a lot at home as well and First class usually shows up pretty easily when it applies. They always put the Priority prices at the top but then usually list the other options underneath. I used to have to ship a lot of art supplies and misc to my daughter in school. It might be, that for something like nail polish, it weighs out a little too heavy for First Class? I dunno. I hope they can work it out for you!

I remembered as I was heading out the door that there is a UPS Store nearby, and they handle USPS packages. Postage was $2.60 for a First Class mailing. Had I done it via the Click-n-Ship, the minimum was $7.60.

I buy/sell/trade a lot of polish but this is the first time there hasn't been a PayPal transaction as it was a straight up 1-for-1 trade (I bought 1 from her in addition to the trade), so no need to invoice for anything. The default option for PP shipping is Priority, but you can change it to your own packaging and First Class ship. If I find myself in this situation again, I am going to request that we send each other a $1 invoice so I can print the label here.

I call the local postal branch "The Post Office That Time Forgot". Usually they have one person working at the counter, and if it's the woman who moves as though her limbs were suspended in heavy syrup, you know you're going to be there a while.

• Like 4

I remembered as I was heading out the door that there is a UPS Store nearby, and they handle USPS packages. Postage was $2.60 for a First Class mailing. Had I done it via the Click-n-Ship, the minimum was $7.60.

I buy/sell/trade a lot of polish but this is the first time there hasn't been a PayPal transaction as it was a straight up 1-for-1 trade (I bought 1 from her in addition to the trade), so no need to invoice for anything. The default option for PP shipping is Priority, but you can change it to your own packaging and First Class ship. If I find myself in this situation again, I am going to request that we send each other a $1 invoice so I can print the label here.

I call the local postal branch "The Post Office That Time Forgot". Usually they have one person working at the counter, and if it's the woman who moves as though her limbs were suspended in heavy syrup, you know you're going to be there a while.

:LOL: I love your description of your post office.

• Like 2

Someone blackmailed me into choosing a dorm event rehearsal over school concert band rehearsal. School band should always take precedence, and the dorm event rehearsal is scheduled for 7 hours long. No way I absolutely have to be there from start to finish, but that's what they claim... :banghead: Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

I bought tickets from Ticketmaster at 10 am. Wanted to be close on the aisle. Two hours later in another pre-sale, exact same seats were $130 less?! I have been messaging customer service in a very reasonable way, saying I understand flexible ticket pricing. If shows don't sell well, prices may drop - that is the risk you take. But 2 hours after the first on sale in another pre-sale they price them that differently??!! All I am getting is canned responses that in no way answer any of my issues. TM SUCKS!!!! Edited by Syrinx

zgyCwCx.jpg

Saline, MI, in the news this week, eh, ORF? Thoughts? Did that piss you off? (thereby linking the question to the thread . . .)

Haven't heard of this, please tell me where YOU heard it?

M6X8S6j.gif

zgyCwCx.jpg

Saline, MI, in the news this week, eh, ORF? Thoughts? Did that piss you off? (thereby linking the question to the thread . . .)

Just saw the news report. Now that I've heard it, that WHITE father needs to be REMOVED from Saline, and out of state, preferably to a Non white neighborhood. Let Burtell be the one exposed to the HATE he's fostering. HIS OWN SON distanced himself from the jerk. He doesn't deserve to live in Saline.

2hxA9TD.gif

• Like 2

Just found out that mice have invaded my work/tool shed. Droppings everywhere, bags of grass seed have been plundered!

:rage: :rage:

fumigate it.

Maybe! I have some poison fake worms (for moles). They may or may not work. I'm gonna sweep out the entire shed tomorrow. The varmints don't have long to live!!

Wear a mask - you do NOT want to risk exposure to hantavirus, which is harbored in rodent poo. Preferably one of those P45 masks, but at least wear a surgical mask.

The mice have been "evicted" and the shed is almost fully cleaned out. Gotta finish it tomorrow. I took a shower after work and then another shower after the shed detail. All my clothes went straight into the washing machine. I felt really, really YUKKY.... :o

• Like 2

I came across a really lame YouTube video entitled, "The Philosophy Behind Rush's Lyrics". The video was made in 2018, so you would think that such a recent production would be fairly up to date. What a silly assumption to make....

Like so many others have done before, the video focuses only on the band from the mid-70's to Moving Pictures. Predictably, the narrator goes on and on about Ayn Rand and how Rush's lyrics reflect her philosophy. What utter garbage. :boo hiss: :boo hiss: No mention of the last 30+ years of Rush albums and lyrics, no mention of how Neil Peart's worldview evolved and progressed over time.

So I posted a strong criticism of the video, even though it will probably be ignored. Oh well.....

• Like 4

I'd love to read that, but I'm NOT into looking for it. could you tell me some way to identify which one you are?

3i9UN2D.gif

Ugh....tired of waking up and spending 45 minutes or so coughing up myeloperoxidase. Stupid cold has been hanging on for a week.
  • Like 1

Ugh....tired of waking up and spending 45 minutes or so coughing up myeloperoxidase. Stupid cold has been hanging on for a week.

My cold invaded me Saturday night, and I got 6-8 inches of snow Sunday.

I do not recommend spending 2 hours outside on snow removal detail when you're sicker than sick. I had some major chills at work today, and I could barely type, as my hands were shaking so badly. Now, I have the sweats..... :eh: :eh:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

I do not recommend spending 2 hours outside on snow removal detail when you're sicker than sick. I had the chills so bad at work today, I could barely type, as my hands were shaking so badly. Now, I have the sweats..... :eh: :eh:

That almost sounds like flu.

My cold was/is pretty mild; it just won't go away! Mucinex is the bomb, though.

• Like 1

I do not recommend spending 2 hours outside on snow removal detail when you're sicker than sick. I had the chills so bad at work today, I could barely type, as my hands were shaking so badly. Now, I have the sweats..... :eh: :eh:

It may be the flu, but it’s leaving already. I feel much better. I work in a fairly cold environment, so that just magnified my chills. I went home to my warm couch, and I was drenched in sweat! :LOL:

Oblivious fuckwits at the gym who treat equipment as their personal media station.

Seriously. I did ten sets on the leg press and the same dude was on the leg extension the whole time, texting. And then he acted all offended when I asked to work in with him. Dude, I have four total sets left in this goddamn leg workout; go home and text on the couch. And I am lifting more than he is!

• Like 2

Oblivious fuckwits at the gym who treat equipment as their personal media station.

Seriously. I did ten sets on the leg press and the same dude was on the leg extension the whole time, texting. And then he acted all offended when I asked to work in with him. Dude, I have four total sets left in this goddamn leg workout; go home and text on the couch. And I am lifting more than he is!

I had the same experience with two girlfriends, who were sitting on adjacent leg machines, just gabbing away....and maybe doing one set of very light reps every five minutes or so. I cut in with a minimum amount of politeness.....

• Like 2

I had the same experience with two girlfriends, who were sitting on adjacent leg machines, just gabbing away....and maybe doing one set of very light reps every five minutes or so. I cut in with a minimum amount of politeness.....

The absolute worst is high school sweethearts. The guy is always trying to show off and be manly and "help" his girlfriend. Usually she's acting all coy and giggly. You might as well change up your workout plan because that piece of equipment is going to be monopolized by Romeo & Juliet for at least another half hour.

I really have few complaints about this gym. It's clean, has plenty of free weights and a decent array of cardio equipment. I'm aware I can get a little intense working out and I try to not be impatient and bitchy.

• Like 1

It may be the flu, but it’s leaving already. I feel much better. I work in a fairly cold environment, so that just magnified my chills. I went home to my warm couch, and I was drenched in sweat! :LOL:

Felt really good Wednesday night, but then the damned thing came roaring back on Thursday! :rage:

Thursday and Friday were horrible, but today is better. I'm getting sick and tired of soup and hot tea!! It had better be leaving for real....

• Like 1

Totalled my car. My fault, no one hurt.

Totalled my car. My fault, no one hurt.

Oh, I’m sorry. :(

No one hurt, that is the most important thing.

Unless you were chasing down a long-hated enemy who was really asking for it.... ;)

I have been enjoying the retrospectives of the 1980 US Hockey Team's "Miracle on Ice", that was a wonderful event and I still get chills when I hear Al Michaels say "Do you believe in miracles?"

So today I see pictures of the team at a rally with red hats on :rage: Why did they have to inject politics into this anniversary celebration? I was going to buy the book Eruzione wrote to tie in with the anniversary but that is right out now :16ton: I am so sick of the toxic politics, couldn't we keep this non political?? No brainer guys! :smash: Really really disappointed in them :bang bang: :hockeygoon:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3