What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Not being able to remember how to post youtube videos on this forum.

Right click on the video.

Left click top option

Come here and paste the link in. If you want the video to show, delete the "s" in "https."

If you don't want the video to show, leave the "s" in.

Hope the above is right and that I explained it so you understand. I have a problem with clarity.

:)

Thank you Lorraine.

I'm sure I tried posting this way but nothing seemed to show.

Now it does and if you want to see the results of your reply, go here

• Like 1

Not being able to remember how to post youtube videos on this forum.

Right click on the video.

Left click top option

Come here and paste the link in. If you want the video to show, delete the "s" in "https."

If you don't want the video to show, leave the "s" in.

Hope the above is right and that I explained it so you understand. I have a problem with clarity.

:)

Thank you Lorraine.

I'm sure I tried posting this way but nothing seemed to show.

Now it does and if you want to see the results of your reply, go here

You are welcome!

Thank you. I must have walked near some in the yard the other day. Shin high weeds will do it.

My Sister-in-Law has a terminal brain tumour.....not turning into a very good year so far.

Sorry to hear this, Fridge. I hope that she has enough time and energy left to do some of the things that she enjoys doing. I can't imagine how rough something like this can be. And I hope she has a good support system of friends and family around her.

• Like 1

OK, so here's the situation: There are two vehicles, side by side on I-65, going 55 mph in a 70 mph zone, and not letting anyone pass for a long time.

Question: If I manage to squeeze my vehicle between them and then run both of them off the highway, would I stand a chance of being acquitted? I do believe that I have just cause.... :huh:

OK, so here's the situation: There are two vehicles, side by side on I-65, going 55 mph in a 70 mph zone, and not letting anyone pass for a long time.

Question: If I manage to squeeze my vehicle between them and then run both of them off the highway, would I stand a chance of being acquitted? I do believe that I have just cause.... :huh:

Are you driving an ambulance?

That stuff isn’t worth worrying over.

Are you driving an ambulance?

That stuff isn’t worth worrying over.

Tis a time-honored American tradition! Rage at idiots on the interstate and then (try to) laugh about it later.....

My nearest Fatburger closed after only two years of operating. Ice Cube shares my anger. Good day my ass! :LOL:

Yet I bet there’s about a handful of McDevils in the same city.

%20https%3A//acegif.com/wp-content/uploads/eyeroll.gif

Obviously, they didn't do enough of the 'GOOD' thing that not enough people ate their food. Economics is a rule now. Not enough making money? Close it. We had a Hardees here in Saline once. I liked that because they had roast beef sandwiches, and it was a nice break from the Burgers all the time. I DID LOVE their Mushroom & Swiss burger though! d4WrwOm.jpg

bKZYx09.png

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

Getting my first head cold in three years. One of the great things about retiring from full-time school teaching was no longer being exposed to all the diseases the kids carry. Now that I'm back in the classroom, that's over.

Getting my first head cold in three years. One of the great things about retiring from full-time school teaching was no longer being exposed to all the diseases the kids carry. Now that I'm back in the classroom, that's over.

When my sister taught, she was always getting sick too.

As I'm getting older, my resistance isn't what it used to be. The past two years I've gotten really severe colds and other infections (bronchial, ear, throat) in the winter. The last one I got left me with a cough that never went away. Thanks to socialized medicine, before my inhaler is approved, it has to go before a panel. Can you believe that?

In any event, laugh if you want, but chicken soup is good for head colds. Especially if it is home-made.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

I guess that's the flip side of not being able to afford whatever the drug companies want to charge for the inhaler!

Chicken soup is good -- there's just something so wholesome about it.

The prices are outrageous. Some of them are upwards of $300/400.00.

• Like 1

Another trip to the MD this morning. They used to be open a half a day on Saturday, but told me they had to discontinue it for this reason: out of 8 scheduled appointments, only 2 would bother to show up. The other 6 were no-shows who didn't even have the courtesy to call and cancel. Such irresponsibility is hard for me to fathom.
  • Like 1

My ophthalmologist has informed her patients she is moving out of the country. Now I have to find another one that my insurance carrier will cover.

Doctors seem to move about more than they used to, and it's no fun getting used to a new one. I hope you find a good one!

• Like 2

Adventures in Parental Aging- sigh. (And this isn't even anything physical, that is a different story. . . )

Pennsylvania has finally approved Real ID, which means that in a year you have to have your whole life story in the computer and you get a little star on your license. You will need it in a year to fly or enter federal facilities or military bases. My Dad is 90, and has just decided he must have this. there was an article in our paper about how to have to show ID that is not easy to get- it is supposed to be a form of layered security. Trying to explain this to people who just say, "Well, I don't have that, they will just have to process me without it". is ummm difficult or amusing depending how you look at it! :LOL:

It turns out my dad has not had a government SS card for over 30 years. He needs to have a new one and is too frail to go to the office. We sat down together and tried to create an account online to mail order a new card; what a mess. You have to have all this information about your yourself but then they ask you credit bureau questions- what card did you open in 1979? Which street did you live on 30 years ago? Are you kidding me? I don't even know that stuff about myself much less have my frail dad be able to remember it. He answered enough wrong that he got locked out until tomorrow. And all this is before he even tried to order the replacement card!

I called the government to ask them exactly what we are supposed to do. 90 year old people on medication don't remember what they had for lunch, much less when the got their first credit card. And it would be difficult to get my dad to the office in downtown Pittsburgh. The government woman was at least nice enough to give us a broad hint that all the questions are based on a certain credit bureau report. So we have printed out the report and can see what financial institutions are on it. Hopefully we will not get locked out again tomorrow. Sigh. Government- can't live with em, can't live without em.

:banghead:

• Like 2

Adventures in Parental Aging- sigh. (And this isn't even anything physical, that is a different story. . . )

Pennsylvania has finally approved Real ID, which means that in a year you have to have your whole life story in the computer and you get a little star on your license. You will need it in a year to fly or enter federal facilities or military bases. My Dad is 90, and has just decided he must have this. there was an article in our paper about how to have to show ID that is not easy to get- it is supposed to be a form of layered security. Trying to explain this to people who just say, "Well, I don't have that, they will just have to process me without it". is ummm difficult or amusing depending how you look at it! :LOL:

It turns out my dad has not had a government SS card for over 30 years. He needs to have a new one and is too frail to go to the office. We sat down together and tried to create an account online to mail order a new card; what a mess. You have to have all this information about your yourself but then they ask you credit bureau questions- what card did you open in 1979? Which street did you live on 30 years ago? Are you kidding me? I don't even know that stuff about myself much less have my frail dad be able to remember it. He answered enough wrong that he got locked out until tomorrow. And all this is before he even tried to order the replacement card!

I called the government to ask them exactly what we are supposed to do. 90 year old people on medication don't remember what they had for lunch, much less when the got their first credit card. And it would be difficult to get my dad to the office in downtown Pittsburgh. The government woman was at least nice enough to give us a broad hint that all the questions are based on a certain credit bureau report. So we have printed out the report and can see what financial institutions are on it. Hopefully we will not get locked out again tomorrow. Sigh. Government- can't live with em, can't live without em.

Success! I'm so glad we had the credit bureau report! That helped him answer the questions successfully. New card on the way! :ebert:

• Like 3

Success! I'm so glad we had the credit bureau report! That helped him answer the questions successfully. New card on the way! :ebert:

Becky, what an ordeal, and your patience is to be commended. I would have blown a fuse at the absurdity of it all.

• Like 3

Is this Real ID also referred to as an enhanced license? My state made a huge deal out of getting those or a passport about a decade ago. It was especially a big deal here because we're so close to the Canadian border. I got a passport which is good for ten years. I still have two or three years left on it. From what I gathered getting a passport is easier than getting the special license but the passport costs a couple hundred dollars if I remember correctly. I can't speak to flying but crossing the Canadian border with either one is pretty quick and easy.

• Like 1