Lorraine has passed

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

The following is written by The Cat 3 and blueschica, two people who knew Lorraine well, both on and off the board.

-----------------------------------

Dear TRF brothers and sisters,

We are so very sorry to share the sad news of Lorraine's passing. According to her church's weekly bulletin she passed away during the week of March 6-12.

She fought a brave fight and kept her faith intact throughout the journey. We had many conversations after her diagnosis and her faith brought her so much comfort, courage and peace.

Another thing that brought her comfort was the knowledge that she was not alone in her struggle but had so many wonderful people like each of you supporting her. She read each and every post that you've made in "her thread" (as she called it) and it really brought her joy just knowing that she was loved and cared for, that people were praying for her, sending good thoughts, well wishes along with the oh so many hugs.

Thank each and every one of you for taking the time to post, pray, send good vibes and thoughts since learning of her illness. She truly viewed you as family members, of sort. Sometimes a bit of a dysfunctional family at times, but a family, nonetheless.

The Rush Forum was such an important part of her life, as it is in many of our lives as well. Joining out of interest in a rock trio and finding the unexpected anecdote to loneliness and the gift of lasting friendships. If you take a look at Lorraine's profile, you will read her answer under the heading of "Best Rush Experience" that she answered, "Being a member of TRF. Now everyone say "Awwww!!!" She was not trying to be clever with that answer, as she truly meant those words.

C.S. Lewis said, "Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .".

Though we may be saddened by the loss of our friend, we can be grateful for the friendship we found in her and, indeed, with one another. I'm certain that Lorraine would wish us to conclude by saying may God bless you and keep you until we meet again.

Stephen (The Cat 3)

-----------------------------------

Remembering Lorraine has brought back so many memories. She was one of the first people to welcome me to TRF and I feel very lucky to have shared a friendship with her. She had such a great sense of humor! Whether it was planning the TRF prom, making Hilda jokes, or figuring out who was a "True Rush Fan", Lorraine was always brightening the day. She could make us laugh so hard- what a wonderful gift!

Lorraine also had a sense for when people were feeling down or worried and supported so many of us with her conversations and experience. Others will know as much or more about that as I do, because it was one on one, but she was there if she thought you needed her. She had a way of transcending the computer screen and letting you know the real person, which was amazing.

Lorraine had such an ear for music, going way back to listening to New York stations while she was growing up. I loved the "Gush About Rush" thread that she started because she was so good at putting into words what was great about what we were hearing. She loved "The Trees." The Outlaws recording of "Green Grass and High Tides". The 60s group Left Banke singing "Pretty Ballerina." And Frank Sinatra singing the classics. Whenever I hear these songs, or see daises, Lorraine will be there somehow, and always be remembered.

Becky (blueschica)

Lorraine-1-family.jpg Lorraine-2-1974.jpg Lorraine-3-Idaho.jpg

• Like 32

Oh, wow, well it's not a shock, but so sad. Lovely words from you. RiP Lorraine. I hope it was peaceful.
  • Like 13

Warm, loving words, Stephen and Becky.

When I joined TRF, the first conversation I had was with Lorraine. I`ll miss her. When the board was down briefly, it felt strongly and strangely to me that this was when Lorraine had gone, like a modern version of the pathetic fallacy.

There are barely words to describe her illness in normal times, but during a pandemic and with her husband... she bore this with real fortitude and I hope the obvious affection from so many was some comfort to her. I also hope she is now among the sunflowers with the green grass and high tides... forever. :rose:

• Like 13

Even with all the problems that Lorraine was going through, she would still reach out to me to ask me about my father’s health and to let me know she was praying for him. I can’t say I knew her well, even for an internet friend, but she was obviously a caring and loving woman, and I can’t help but feeling that we’ve all lost something which made our world a little brighter.
  • Like 13

I'm a pretty private person, so my exchanges with Lorraine about her health were kept to private messages. She was a genuinely warm person, something that came through even though I never met her in person or spoke directly with her. I will miss her presence here, but I am glad she is finally at peace.

RIP my friend.

• Like 14