Your least favorite track on the album Moving Pictures?

Texas King

Your least favorite song on the album Moving Pictures?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Your least favorite song on the album Moving Pictures?

• Vital Signs
    • Witch Hunt
    • The Camera Eye
    • YYZ
    • Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • Limelight

Vital Signs.

Vital Signs. Bad imitation of the Police, a band I don't really like. Plus the fake accent Geddy puts on is really distracting. Outro's great, though, and the Grace Under Pressure Live version's better (but still not good)

All the others are great. I REALLY like Witch Hunt, the main riff has got to be one of the most menacing i've ever heard (Only second to Yes's "Machine Messiah")

Edited by Eel Yddeg

I skip YYZ more than Witch Hunt ("non-atmospheric instrumental"... yeah, that's it) but Witch Hunt displays Neil's tendency to preach the all-too obvious (mob mentality intolerance is bad... thanks Neil, I turned in my bloodthirsty mob membership card after hearing that song).

So I vote Witch Hunt.

Vital Signs. Bad imitation of the Police, a band I don't really like. Plus the fake accent Geddy puts on is really distracting. Outro's great, though, and the Grace Under Pressure Live version's better (but still not good)

All the others are great. I REALLY like Witch Hunt, the main riff has got to be one of the most menacing i've ever heard (Only second to Yes's "Machine Messiah")

I listened to Moving Pictures yesterday, just from Limelight to the end (I really had Limelight going through my head quite a bit, so I just started there). Observations:

The Camera Eye has to be one of my favorite vocal performances from Geddy. No screeching and wailing as he was doing 2-3 years earlier, but still fantastic range, and great clarity.

Witch Hunt- Even though I declared this to be my least favorite on the album, and I stand by that- I also said that I still do like it, very much. It's a tune that is rich with atmosphere. It has a huge amount of presence, all the way through. And it has some great drum fills as well.

Vital Signs- Of all the Rush songs that various people definitely dislike, this one may be my favorite of all of those. It's great, great, great. I was driving last night, and as it ended, I just went back to the beginning and listened to it again...and again, and again, maybe five times in a row. I love it.

• Like 1

What fake accent are you hearing? Is he faking a Canadien accent there?

• Like 1

What fake accent are you hearing? Is he faking a Canadien accent there?

No way, eh? Take off!

I love Vital Signs, always have. Never saw it as a bad imitation of anyone, just figured it was what they wanted to do and they did it well.

I voted "The Camera Eye". It's a fantastic song. I voted on the opinion that it's the type of song Rush perfected albums prior.

I listened to Moving Pictures this morning and I gotta tell ya, I think "Vital Signs" just might be my favorite Rush song... for now.

... Witch Hunt displays Neil's tendency to preach the all-too obvious (mob mentality intolerance is bad... thanks Neil, I turned in my bloodthirsty mob membership card after hearing that song).

:LOL:

I voted "The Camera Eye". It's a fantastic song. I voted on the opinion that it's the type of song Rush perfected albums prior.

I listened to Moving Pictures this morning and I gotta tell ya, I think "Vital Signs" just might be my favorite Rush song... for now.

The older I got, the more I appreciated it. For what appears to be a simple song at first listen, there is a lot going on.
  • Like 1

Like Spirit of Radio I have heard Tom Sawyer too much.When i first bought the album when it was released i still wasn't completely sold on it.Didn't like the guitar solo.The whole song was ok with some amazing musicianship but just didnt grab me.However Camera Eye seemed overlong and Vital Signs an anticlimax.Those two were real sleepers and are now among my all time faves.If i play MP i sometimes skip TS.Same goes for GUP i skip Distant Early Warning.

One of the reasons that I went to see the Time Machine tour was to see/hear "Camera Eye" live. (I also had free tickets, so that helped too!)

Although the keys are "of their time", I love the mood of this song. The production is a nice treat for the ears, as are the guitars. Some nice crunchy bass in there as well.

This has one of my favorite Lifeson guitar solos too! (9:16 - 10:03) How does that not rock?

And you can hear Geddy burp at 8:54 :LOL:

I find if I listen to MP, I pretty much skip everything except Limelight, Camera Eye and Vital Signs. But that's because I'm an old b@stard.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

"The Pope has been shot in the city."

red barchetta has never quite captured my attention quite like the rest of the album. it's still a great song though!
  • Like 2

I can't vote. Love it all. When I first heard it I would have said vital signs. It has grown on me over the years and I appreciate rush letting us know where they were going next by including it in the album.

This.

But "Vital Signs" is a masterpiece. A fun one to play on the drums for sure!

• Like 1