What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Follow up at the Doctor's; the good: Whatever kicked my ass before the 4th of July was the flu or some other bug, but was NOT Covid, confirmed by test results. Most of my blood work was good, sugar 104, A1C 5.9.

The bad: whatever weight I supposedly lost 6 months ago crept back on, I'm up to 280. Other blood work and previous health history indicate it's time for another colonoscopy, oh joy!

I went on Medicare the 1st of the month and called my doc's office to ask a few questions about it. I was thinking I needed my next colonoscopy this fall but was told I don't need it til next year. VERY good news! My sympathies that you need one. It's not the procedure, it's the starving and shitting the day before that sucks.

• Like 1

The Marvels of Vacation.

Acres of windmill turbine farms in the middle of Lower Michigan.

Fried Perch. My first taste of freshwater fish in years.

Wedding Mints strain, tasty.

Freshly made fudge and peanut brittle, yum.

• Like 3

The Marvels of Vacation.

Acres of windmill turbine farms in the middle of Lower Michigan.

Fried Perch. My first taste of freshwater fish in years.

Wedding Mints strain, tasty.

Freshly made fudge and peanut brittle, yum.

Glad you are having a good time.

• Like 1

Autumn.

Today I had cool, clear morning air that was perfect for a hike with the dog through the mountains. And yesterday a bear crossed the 10th fairway during my golf round, and that is always fun to see.

• Like 2

Marvels of Vacation, Pt. 2:

The serene beauty of the forestry and the beginning of color changes in the Upper Peninsula.

Watching the M/V Mesabi Miner transiting the Locks while enjoying a beer at Soo Brewing Co.

Mmmm, more Wedding Mints!

• Like 1

A couple of guys I've gotten to know from my Wednesday golf league are also musicians. We really enjoy each other's company and have decided to start jamming together. So today I got my drums all dusted off, set up and tuned. I spent a good 90 minutes practicing as well. I forgot how fun it is to play with purpose!

I had also forgotten how athletic drumming is.

• Like 3

A friend of my son's popped up on Facebook! He got dropped off for a birthday party years ago when my son was 8 and gave all of us a new perspective when he walked in and said, "Ohhh, you have a house! My mom would love to live in a house so much!" (Turns out the family had been living in a little camper for a long time.)

He changed schools after a bit and I didn't hear about him for a long time. Now he has a job as a manager at an auto service place, a sweet wife, two cute kids, and yes, a house. :heart: I was so happy to see that. :)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

I'm changing work shifts today. Going from early morning shift to evening shift. No more getting up at 3 am to go to work at 4 am. :haz:

This change makes my day, makes me laugh and pisses me off all at the same time.

Intolerable co-workers have created an impossible situation. I'm 60 years old, with an old-school, no-nonsense work ethic, and I got teamed up with coworkers who are the exact opposite - young, arrogant, dishonest, lazy and irresponsible. :facepalm: :facepalm: It's either switch shifts or quit.

I'm making the change primarily because the only alternative is to get a different job, and I'm not ready to do that again. I was hoping that this job would be my last. Only the future knows if it is.

Edited by Principled Man

Football season is now in full swing

:cheerleader:

However... http://www.therushfo...y/#entry4946934

Wager at your own risk my friend. And don't feel bad. I was utterly convinced Atlanta -3 at home vs. Philly was the bet of the week. Final score: Philly 32, Atl 6

• Like 1

Marvels of Vacation, Part 3.

Driving back across the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. In some areas the leaves are starting to change color, another week should really get it going.

The feeling of awe coming back across the Mackinac Straits Bridge.

Maxkinac Island shops, restaurants, an absence of motor vehicles, and fudge, fudge, fudge, interrupted by the occasional bite of carmel corn or freshwater fish.

Aaaaaah, my room has a jetted (whirlpool) tub! Every motel room should have one!

• Like 1

Marvels (?) of Vacation, Part 4-Final

Hanging out with sister,b-i-l, and niece. 3 huge meals (Polish, Mexican, and Greek) that I was BARRED from paying for. Travels up Jefferson.and Gratiot Avenues discussing what used to occupy certain buildings-if the buildings still exist. Saw my old house, which is still in good shape in the 'hood. Then along 8 Mile to the Eastern suburbs.

Heading back to my hotel after visiting a friend Saturday the left front tire blows out on my rental, a 2021 Ford Fusion. Called Enterprise and, since Sunday was a crash day, had the car towed. They arranged to have me picked up and taken to the airport yesterday morning. Got home around 2:30 in the afternoon.and crashed, zzzzz.

• Like 1

The day started with morning rain, which scares off half of my foursome for golf. My buddy Tracy hung in there after some complaining, and after two hole of a breeze with few sprinkles, the sun broke and we had a glorious morning of golf. The sun through the clouds was glorious, and the views of the Sierra's first snow were inspiring.
  • Like 2

A few hours ago I played bass together with a guitar player and a drummer for the first time ever. It was a friend of mine, a friend of hers, and me, in our doom/sludge band. We played some goofy, improvised stuff for two hours or so, and it was great fun. It's more like a musical get-together than an actual band, and I really enjoyed it.
  • Like 2

A few hours ago I played bass together with a guitar player and a drummer for the first time ever. It was a friend of mine, a friend of hers, and me, in our doom/sludge band. We played some goofy, improvised stuff for two hours or so, and it was great fun. It's more like a musical get-together than an actual band, and I really enjoyed it.

Congrats! For me, playing with others, whatever the context, gives a purpose to practice and makes it way more fun.
  • Like 2

Congrats! For me, playing with others, whatever the context, gives a purpose to practice and makes it way more fun.

Thanks goose! It really does that to me, too. In my mind's eye I can see myself having fun while playing music at garden parties, small gigs and at home with friends. And of course at my 90th birthday party. I only have 46 years time to practice for that special event.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 2

I met my neighbor's 2 little puppers today.

This neighbor lives behind me and to the corner of my property. We have an alluminum fence around each of our properties, figure about 5 inches between bars in the fences.

So I got home from a walk in the park, and as I'm walking into my garage I hear the lady in the back calling to me. Turns out that her 2 little dogs squeezed through the fence and were exploring my yard. So freaking cute. But she was frantic because she had no way to get to them, and if they escaped from my yard, they'd be out in the open.

They ran right up to me though. :) "Hi guys!!!!!"

I picked them both up - while they're trying to lick me and all that. Just melted my heart. And I brought them back to her.

We never really talked before....just neighborly waves. So it was good to meet and make introductions.

She and her husband are out there now weaving a mesh barrier into our fences to prevent the little handfulls from further escape. Which I said was OK to put it on my fence too.

Absolutely made my afternoon.

Edited by grep
  • Like 3

Went to my local Laemmle in Claremont yesterday to see the new 007 movie and it was nice to see not only their food menu expanded since COVID but the addition of not just alcoholic drinks but the city's own Craft Ales brewery drinks as well.

Don't know if they had any shaken, not stirred, martinis there, though. :lol:

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 2

Our Utes beat USC, first time since 1916...it was fantastic and especially since they lost a teammate to gun violence two weeks ago. They overcame that tragedy and played their hearts out. :heart: :clap:
  • Like 2

American Football in London in about 25 minutes. :cheers: and Goodmorning :coffee:

Jets vs Falcons! Don't care who wins, just want to watch the game. :cheerleader:

• Like 5

American Football in London in about 25 minutes. :cheers: and Goodmorning :coffee:

Jets vs Falcons! Don't care who wins, just want to watch the game. :cheerleader:

Not just in London, but in my club`s sparkly stadium! :yes:
  • Like 3