What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1 minute ago, Sun & Moon said:

Great news! Congratulations, Nova! :cheer::heart::cake1: Have you already met the newborn? :wub:

I have and she looks wonderfully made and destined for great things! If I knew how to put pictures here, I'd add one (old guy issues . . .).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I have and she looks wonderfully made and destined for great things! If I knew how to put pictures here, I'd add one (old guy issues . . .).

:heart::wub::heart:

• Like 2

Glad Jon Stewart is back, this episode is great...love his self own.   So good I watched it twice.:rofl2:

It's the March 11th episode :smile:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

I filed my taxes! :7up:

As usual, my effective tax rate was around 11%, which seems fair considering my income.  I live comfortably, am debt-free, own property & several vehicles, and can support my children.  As usual, I won't be getting money back from the IRS. In fact had to pay around $9000 to the IRS on top of what had been deducted from my income throughout the year.  No complaints, though.  I'd say having to pay extra because of good financial fortune is a nice problem to have.  :cheers:

• Like 1

Sun, friendship, marriage, children, teriyaki, Paul Simon.

And the day is not yet over :smile:

• Like 1

Meeting family at my sister's birthday today. :heart: Such a lovely party. We ate well. I sang karaoke with my sister. I gave a short speech. People had fun, the kids played in the big house, my sister and her family and my cousin joined a group hug before I left. I've never had one before.

In a bus back home I met a nice person who's a music professional. We just started talking spontaneously. He had his custom made guitar and his violins in cases, and that gave a good start for chatting. It turned out he lives in the same neighborhood with his wife who also is a musician. It's so nice to meet open-hearted, friendly folks.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

I swear on my stack of Rush CD's:  I was cranking Jacob's Ladder (ESL) when I drove into my grocery store's parking lot and saw this.   :thumbsup: 

hSOPnBh.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 3:26 AM, Principled Man said:

I swear on my stack of Rush CD's:  I was cranking Jacob's Ladder (ESL) when I drove into my grocery store's parking lot and saw this.   :thumbsup: 

hSOPnBh.jpg

Wow! :thumbsup: