What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Went to a yard sale super early and grabbed some very nice things. 

In my last place of residence the yard sales were terrible so this was a nice change.

(This sounds dumb to be excited by a yard sale, but when you budget, you have to take your happiness when you can find it, lol.)

• Like 4

Had a good, long heart-to-heart with Ma today.  Long overdue.   

It's always good to get on the same page about Life, the Universe and Everything.  

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 4

My tarantula molted successfully, and she looks beautiful in her new exoskeleton. I had a feeling she was gonna molt, her abdomen was changing and she was soaking up lots and lots of moisture. I'm very happy that everything went smoothly.

98ab9eb9df900ad89521af45e583c132c6aa72f9

• Like 2

Finally renovating the bathroom, which has been neglected for years.  We're bringing a 21st century toilet into the house!!  :thumbsup:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Built-in bidet?

Whoa...not so fast.  We're just happy with no longer using 5 gallons every flush!   :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/9/2023 at 9:07 PM, blueschica said:

The best!

It's always like a treasure hunt, finding cool stuff for very little cash is fun.  And it counts as repurposing/recycling.  Recently bought a bunch of cat beds/carriers so I can donate them to the animal shelter.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rhyta said:

It's always like a treasure hunt, finding cool stuff for very little cash is fun.  And it counts as repurposing/recycling.  Recently bought a bunch of cat beds/carriers so I can donate them to the animal shelter.

That's so thoughtful!  :wub:  When we lived in Utah, the DI stores were my absolute favorite.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, blueschica said:

That's so thoughtful!  :wub:  When we lived in Utah, the DI stores were my absolute favorite.

They have some good things, they also will fix stuff to sell, Goodwill just throws it out.  My favorite is Savers, they support Big Brothers/Sisters

• Like 1

Just arrived at the FedEx center 10 minutes before it opens.  

A great opportunity to sit in the car and crank up the XANADU…..:laugh:

• Like 2

I received the book Soul Fingers : The Music & Life of Legendary Bassist Donald "Duck" Dunn today! He's in the top three of my bass heroes. :wub:

• Like 3

On 8/28/2023 at 12:46 PM, Sun & Moon said:

I received the book Soul Fingers : The Music & Life of Legendary Bassist Donald "Duck" Dunn today! He's in the top three of my bass heroes. :wub:

He's great. Bet it will be a good biography, he played on some classic R & B songs. I read the Wrecking Crew a few years back and enjoyed Carol Kaye's story, being the only gal in that legendary backup group.

• Like 3

Got to enjoy the first football game of the year Thursday,  Utes vs Florida Gators.  Got a great win without our #1 QB and RB playing. Had 53,000 people there  (a record, now the stadium has been enlarged).  Still not a fan of August games (too hot!!) but Go Utes! :clap:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

On 9/2/2023 at 1:47 PM, Rhyta said:

He's great. Bet it will be a good biography, he played on some classic R & B songs. I read the Wrecking Crew a few years back and enjoyed Carol Kaye's story, being the only gal in that legendary backup group.

The Duck book consist for the most part of transcriptions (+tabs), and the biographical part is pretty short. There are some nice photos, too. The book is in black and white. A recommended easy read for anybody interested in the subject.

Carol is the godmother of bass, a true legend. I haven't read the Wrecking Crew book but I'm familiar with the story. Might be worth a read. Thank you for the tip.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

Moments ago:  I was out on the back patio, enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.  Two squirrels were on a tree about ten feet away from me. 

Out of the sky came a hawk, swooping down at the squirrels, who managed to dodge it at the last split-second.  The hawk whooshed over my shed and went up in the air, then circled once around my yard before departing.  Just missed his dinner. 

The squirrels were screaming, some crows nearby were screaming.....but I wasn't screaming.  I thought it was COOL!!   :biggrin:

• Like 4

Coming out of the store, I was greeted by none other than that old song by T.C. Broonsie.....

AAldJ4c.jpg

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

On 9/9/2023 at 12:54 AM, Principled Man said:

Moments ago:  I was out on the back patio, enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.  Two squirrels were on a tree about ten feet away from me. 

Out of the sky came a hawk, swooping down at the squirrels, who managed to dodge it at the last split-second.  The hawk whooshed over my shed and went up in the air, then circled once around my yard before departing.  Just missed his dinner. 

The squirrels were screaming, some crows nearby were screaming.....but I wasn't screaming.  I thought it was COOL!!   :biggrin:

Impressing! :yes:

It was actually yesterday, the 14th was the anniversary of the first date between me and my hubby.  31 years ago...can't believe it has been so long.  He's a great guy and he gave me a cute little hummingbird pull for the ceiling fan. :heart::wub:

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Rhyta said:

It was actually yesterday, the 14th was the anniversary of the first date between me and my hubby.  31 years ago...can't believe it has been so long.  He's a great guy and he gave me a cute little hummingbird pull for the ceiling fan. :heart::wub:

Congratulations! Sounds lovely! :heart::heart:

• Like 2