What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

This was actually last week, but I'm still buzzed about it:

My son's college cheerleading team won the NCA National Championship in Daytona, FL!  They went without any real expectations (twenty years and no silverware), but they "hit zero" on the second night and won first place! Then they all jumped into the ocean, uniforms, four-foot trophy, mascot, and all. He was so happy.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

This was actually last week, but I'm still buzzed about it:

My son's college cheerleading team won the NCA National Championship in Daytona, FL!  They went without any real expectations (twenty years and no silverware), but they "hit zero" on the second night and won first place! Then they all jumped into the ocean, uniforms, four-foot trophy, mascot, and all. He was so happy.

:cheer:

• Like 3

I had been considering upgrading to iPhone 14 because I now have to hold my usb charger a certain way to charge it.  I later decided to get a magnetic circular charger on Amazon to see if it works and it does.  The USB is fine with other ones like my pod case, though.  Saved a lot of money so that's a relief.  Only about 20 bucks.

Even better since Metrolink trains now added some sections with outlets in between the seats for travel to L.A., Universal Studios, beach et al.

My church has Our Lady of Fatima for the weekend and I got to see her in person today. 💕 

• Like 7

On 4/29/2023 at 5:33 AM, Laurabw said:

My church has Our Lady of Fatima for the weekend and I got to see her in person today. 💕 

How was she like?

Getting to talk to my dad yesterday still has me laughing today.

Since the Pandemic we have collectively been through a rollercoaster of events and hearing him reminded me that winning in this life isn't always defined in a material sense.

Sometimes the real reward in life is the experience.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BigMontanaSKY said:

Sometimes the real reward in life is the experience.

The point of the journey is not to arrive   :smile:

• Like 5

On 5/1/2023 at 8:30 AM, Sun & Moon said:

How was she like?

Pristine. I'm not a super religious person or anything, but it was really cool.

She's actually one of 13 "pilgrim statues", but still really something to see in person.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02mgbDitHVqQbWtrYfzJNKv22LEPZc5ycx2ogL5Xa6sNCc9DAGtFeFeMq8xLuatK3bl&id=100006897733556&mibextid=Nif5oz

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BigMontanaSKY said:

Lame but- my morning coffee. & Watching birds build nests. Ahhh Nature........

No way.  Even though it only happens when you don't get a good night's sleep (something I only get on weekends anyways), I love having an early morning coffee and watching the rabbits destroy my lawn, the birds eating my grass seed, etc.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BigMontanaSKY said:

Lame but- my morning coffee. & Watching birds build nests. Ahhh Nature........

I can't put out enough food for all the birds.  They have returned en masse!

Finches, sparrows, cardinals, woodpeckers, robins, blackbirds, grackles, crows, the occasional bluebird and blue jay, and a few special appearances by a falcon and hawk, looking for a morning treat!     

• Like 2

I put Roxette's Greatest Hits into my CD player and pretended it was the 90's for an hour. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Finches, sparrows, cardinals, woodpeckers, robins, blackbirds, grackles, crows, the occasional bluebird and blue jay, and a few special appearances by a falcon and hawk, looking for a morning treat!     

Awesome!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Laurabw said:

Pristine. I'm not a super religious person or anything, but it was really cool.

She's actually one of 13 "pilgrim statues", but still really something to see in person.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02mgbDitHVqQbWtrYfzJNKv22LEPZc5ycx2ogL5Xa6sNCc9DAGtFeFeMq8xLuatK3bl&id=100006897733556&mibextid=Nif5oz

She looks beautiful. Thank you for sharing a link that shows the picture of the statue. It's always interesting to see how people are connected to the traditions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Principled Man said:

That's awesome! I love birds, and as BigMontanaSKY wrote, it is such a joy to watch them build nests. A few weeks ago my spose and I saw two pigeons making a home in a nearby linden tree as we were having a breakfast. The first one collected the sticks and flied them to the building site, the other carefully placed them in the nest. They ended up abandoning the nest very soon, however. I wonder if a squirrel took the eggs, or there might have been other disturbing things in the surroundings.

This positive science news "Researchers discover a potential cause of Parkinson's disease": :smile:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-05-potential-parkinson-disease.html

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fcimb.2023.1181315/full

• Like 3

An important precedent for the music industry:   

A jury has ruled that Ed Sheeran did not steal parts of Marvin Gaye's song "Let's Get It On" when he wrote "Thinking Out Loud."

Sheeran1-court-rt-ml-230504_168322243706

Edited by Krystal

33 minutes ago, invisible airwave said:

Pat Robertson is heading for a big surprise in the afterlife.  

It's the new password at the Pearly Gates.  It's a bit tricky.

Matthew 7; Verses 1-5 (in their entirety)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Pat Robertson is heading for a big surprise in the afterlife.  Billy Joel and Iron Maiden were right.  Rot in hell, bozo!

I feel bad for his family but the world is a better place without him in it. If there is an afterlife he's not liking it right about now (the funk soul brother).

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 6:42 PM, Principled Man said:

Reminds me, I need to get a new birdbath.  The bowl of the old one, which is two piece painted concrete, will no longer sit level on its base, and has become a real pain to keep clean.  

Sitting in my recliner, looking into the back yard watching the various birds abulutions has always been a treat.  Especially when two fat Stellar Jays start dive bombing one another for space. The Stellar can be noisy and aggressive, but make up for it in the consumption of a favorite treat of theirs-mosquito larvae. Populations of the nasty biters had been reduced with the Jay Patrol about.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 3:37 PM, IbanezJem said:

Collected my new car, and it`s awesome.

I also got a new car, about six weeks ago. Love it.

• Like 4