What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I don’t often post in these threads (made your day, made you sad, made you facepalm)- and as it’s 6:15 in the morning, there’s not much that has happened for me yet TODAY…but I’ll put a few things in here:

I was accepted to graduate school, about a month ago.

My son was accepted to the Fisher College of Business at THE Ohio State University, just yesterday. He’ll start on the second year of his Bachelor’s degree in August.

And last week I got to vacation in a tropical paradise. 

So 🤷🏼‍♂️ Not bad, right?

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Blue J said:

I don’t often post in these threads (made your day, made you sad, made you facepalm)- and as it’s 6:15 in the morning, there’s not much that has happened for me yet TODAY…but I’ll put a few things in here:

My son was accepted to the Fisher College of Business at THE Ohio State University, just yesterday. He’ll start on the second year of his Bachelor’s degree in August.

So 🤷🏼‍♂️ Not bad, right?

That's pretty great!  Congrats on your acceptance to Grad school and the news about your son going to Ohio State.   Sounds like the vacation was just the thing .  Well done  :clap:

• Like 2

I have a really mundane made my day.  Chik fil A  has peach shakes again!!  Now I know summer is really here.  I love them because they bring back wonderful memories of visiting my relatives in the South and the delicious home made peach ice cream they made, these shakes taste so much like it.  I know I will need to savor them, may not have many of them this year with the devastation of the peach crop in Georgia.  So Carpe Diem,  hubby just brought me one today.  :biggrin:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I have a really mundane made my day.  Chik fil A  has peach shakes again!!  Now I know summer is really here.  I love them because they bring back wonderful memories of visiting my relatives in the South and the delicious home made peach ice cream they made, these shakes taste so much like it.  I know I will need to savor them, may not have many of them this year with the devastation of the peach crop in Georgia.  So Carpe Diem,  hubby just brought me one today.  :biggrin:

Our town just got a Chick Fil A during the past year. It's turned out to be a favorite of ours! Thanks for the food tip- I will have to try one! :drink:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blue J said:

So 🤷🏼‍♂️ Not bad, right?

Congratulations to both of you! Sounds like it's going to be a good summer!

• Like 2

On 6/14/2023 at 1:20 PM, Blue J said:

So 🤷🏼‍♂️ Not bad, right?

Congratulations! Sounds great! :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Right now I'm sitting on the front porch of our summer house in the countryside. The porch is 10 meters wide and is aligned with the river which runs another 10 meters from the house. A summer day could not be any more beautiful than this. A warm wind feels soft and refreshing on my skin, and there's no cloud in the sky. I hear the constant, soothing sound of the nearby rapid and many kinds of birds singing.

Common house martins have at least one nest under the eaves, and probably one more under construction. Common sandpipers, ducks, curlews, European pied flycatchers, chatfinches, common buzzards, Northern lapwings, swans, cranes and many owls can be found here among other species. There's a tiny wetland area a few hundred meters from the summer house, and it's a perfect place for small hawks to catch something to eat. Butterflies and bumblebees easily find nectar in the flowers and the blossoming trees. I spent an hour playing my Geddy Lee bass on the porch while surrounded with all this. This verdant river valley that is my childhood home is a place where I feel the most connected with the land and the water, and with myself.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Sun & Moon said:

Right now I'm sitting on the front porch of our summer house in the countryside. The porch is 10 meters wide and is aligned with the river which runs another 10 meters from the house. A summer day could not be any more beautiful than this. A warm wind feels soft and refreshing on my skin, and there's no cloud in the sky. I hear the constant, soothing sound of the nearby rapid and many kinds of birds singing.

Common house martins have at least one nest under the eaves, and probably one more under construction. Common sandpipers, ducks, curlews, European pied flycatchers, chatfinches, common buzzards, Northern lapwings, swans, cranes and many owls can be found here among other species. There's a tiny wetland area a few hundred metres from the summer house, and it's a perfect place for small hawks to catch something to eat. Butterflies and bumblebees easily find nectar in the flowers and the blossoming trees. I spent an hour playing my Geddy Lee bass on the porch while surrounded with all this. This verdant river valley that is my childhood home is a place where I feel the most connected with the land and the water, and with myself.

Sounds positively idyllic...lucky you :biggrin:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Sounds positively idyllic...lucky you :biggrin:

Thank you, Rhyta. This is heaven on Earth. :wub:

Yesterday I watched a few gulls fly after a big common buzzard high in the sky. It was almost an air fight. My dad has a pair of good quality binoculars (mine are in the city), and I could see the chase very clearly.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 1

My boss joined our one on one video call this morning just out of the shower.... wet hair and a tank top and not a lot left to the imagination.  She acted like she was sitting there in a turtleneck.

I kind of had to act the same way.  Damn. 

But yeah, made my day today.

I'm married. So is she, and she lives 900 miles away. but damn.

Edited by grep

58 minutes ago, grep said:

My boss joined our one on one video call this morning just out of the shower.... wet hair and a tank top and not a lot left to the imagination.  She acted like she was sitting there in a turtleneck.

I kind of had to act the same way.  Damn. 

But yeah, made my day today.

I'm married. So is she, and she lives 900 miles away. but damn.

Is she hot?  :glare:

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 11:08 PM, BigMontanaSKY said:

I had an unexpectedly wonderful conversation with a family member I usually have a hard time dealing with....

That's it. Thank heaven for small favors.

Just finished entertaining some cousins who came up from Kentucky and Illinois.   

Unfortunately, my mother has been holding some family grudges for many, many years, so she hasn't been interested in seeing any of the relatives. 

Today, though, was a great visit.  I do believe that Ma actually enjoyed it.  My sister and I were very worried…. :biggrin:     

Edited by Principled Man

Spoutible finally has an app!

It may not have many famous pre Elon Twitter people but at least it’s free of toxic Kartrashian loving influencers I keep seeing on my feed and muting.  They trigger my “get off my lawn” bad side. :laugh:

Edited by invisible airwave

Every dog has his day!

"Guishachan Golden Gathering” — an event hosted by the Golden Retriever Club of Scotland (birthplace of the Golden Retriever breed)

5QSPIHEUV5AXXP7JX2T2QXNYG4_size-normaliz

• Like 3

I thought about my irritation with the amount of taxes I pay currently, but then I reminded myself I am fortunate enough to be able to make the kind of income that gets taxed.

A joker at work mentioned the saying about the only certainty in life being death and taxes. Sigh. 

So my relief over being fortunate enough to be employed has made my day.

• Like 1