What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

On 10/25/2023 at 12:25 PM, Sun & Moon said:

This morning as I was finishing my daily bass practice session I noticed that I have developed quite a lot of speed and control in both the right and left hand fingers. Practicing chromatic scales as a warm-up has made this happen so secretly that this has gone unnoticed even by myself.  

That's great :biggrin::geddy:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Hubby brought me a nice hot chocolate, was so nice to have on a chilly afternoon :biggrin:

Oh, that's lovely! :heart::smile:

• Like 1

We dragged home (much too much) stuff when my mom's house was sold this summer after 55 years.  A hauling crew came today to junk some of it.  The one guy was all of 20, but noticed my AFTK album on the sofa!  It turns out Rush is his favorite band!  We had a good conversation, it was fun to meet another Rush fan!

It dawned on me too late that I have multiples upon multiples of some Rush books and DVDs.  I have left a message with the office to tell him to swing by, I have a bag of stuff for him!  Share the love!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

We dragged home (much too much) stuff when my mom's house was sold this summer after 55 years.  A hauling crew came today to junk some of it.  The one guy was all of 20, but noticed my AFTK album on the sofa!  It turns out Rush is his favorite band!  We had a good conversation, it was fun to meet another Rush fan!

It dawned on me too late that I have multiples upon multiples of some Rush books and DVDs.  I have left a message with the office to tell him to swing by, I have a bag of stuff for him!  Share the love!

That will probably make his day and even week. Very nice of you.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BastillePark said:

That will probably make his day and even week. Very nice of you.

Thanks! It turns out he is a bass player and Geddy is his inspiration. :heart:  My husband was like, I won't even ask why you are asking an unknown guy to return to the house, I know Rush fans find each other.  :biggrin: :biggrin:. I had more Rush stuff than I realized and I'm glad to share it with someone that will appreciate it. :smile:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, blueschica said:

Thanks! It turns out he is a bass player and Geddy is his inspiration. :heart:  My husband was like, I won't even ask why you are asking an unknown guy to return to the house, I know Rush fans find each other.  :biggrin: :biggrin:. I had more Rush stuff than I realized and I'm glad to share it with someone that will appreciate it. :smile:

That's great to see new Rush fans continuing to appear, that was nice of you to offer those extras to him :clap:

• Like 2

On 11/4/2023 at 5:38 AM, blueschica said:

Well done blueschica! :thumbsup: I'm sure he will be very happy. And greetings from a fellow Geddy-inspired bass player! :geddy::smile: 

• Like 2

This happened yesterday but will continue to make my day for a long time: I got to visit my friend in the hospital to meet her and her first baby. He's six days old today. Such a magical little guy. :wub:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sun & Moon said:

This happened yesterday but will continue to make my day for a long time: I got to visit my friend in the hospital to meet her and her first baby. He's six days old today. Such a magical little guy. :wub:

That sounds so wonderful, babies are miracles in the flesh :heart:

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 11:16 AM, Rhyta said:

That's great to see new Rush fans continuing to appear, that was nice of you to offer those extras to him :clap:

Of course we all at TRF know Blueschica is a lovely and kind person :smile:

• Like 2

On 11/1/2023 at 9:02 PM, BastillePark said:

Reading something as true as this made my day. McCain was a decent man and showed that in this instance.

x2KvkQSl.jpg

You should join SOCN

On 11/2/2023 at 12:02 AM, BastillePark said:

Reading something as true as this made my day. McCain was a decent man and showed that in this instance.

x2KvkQSl.jpg

2 minutes ago, goose said:

You should join SOCN

He likes to post his shit in a bubble where it goes unchallenged, like in TOGSPPSOCN.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

He likes to post his shit in a bubble where it goes unchallenged, like in TOGSPPSOCN.

That's not why I posted that because why can't someone comment on it if they wanted to? Obviously McCain was a politician but I posted that to show what kind of a person he was. Had anyone else from any political party done the same thing I'd post that too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

That's not why I posted that because why can't someone comment on it if they wanted to? Obviously McCain was a politician but I posted that to show what kind of a person he was. Had anyone else from any political party done the same thing I'd post that too.

Your post wasn't simply to praise McCain, but to use it as a vehicle criticize the GOP and Trump. That's why you didn't post this...

Even to those you disagreed with, you were respectful and kind. I never  knew you, but you were a one-of-a-kind-politician - Imgflip

...or this...

Military Memes - Godspeed John McCain - thank you for your... | Facebook

To get into SOCN, just PM 1-0-0-1-0-0-1.  :cheers:

3 minutes ago, goose said:

Your post wasn't simply to praise McCain, but to use it as a vehicle criticize the GOP and Trump. That's why you didn't post this...

Even to those you disagreed with, you were respectful and kind. I never  knew you, but you were a one-of-a-kind-politician - Imgflip

...or this...

Military Memes - Godspeed John McCain - thank you for your... | Facebook

To get into SOCN, just PM 1-0-0-1-0-0-1.  :cheers:

No because that's the first time I've seen that. The other one was just something I ran across and thought it showed a side of McCain that some may not know. There is a fair number of people who believe he was a traitor for his actions as a POW which wasn't the case at all.

Forgot to say thanks for the information.

Edited by BastillePark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BastillePark said:

There is a fair number of people who believe he was a traitor for his actions as a POW which wasn't the case at all.

Forgot to say thanks for the information.

Sad if that's true, and happy to never have met one of them.

You're welcome for the info.  I think you may enjoy it.  Lots of fun people in there.

• Like 1

It seems like I have a new friend! :wave: With my old friends scattered in different places and after six and a half years of living in this city far away from home I've felt lonely. This friendly woman invited me to her house for the very first time today. We ate together, talked and laughed a lot, and cried a few tears, too, as we have so much in common.

It turned out that she had been studying and working in the small village I come from. Both of us come from another part of Finland and have found this city quite hard to make new friends in (as do many, many others). Six hours passed quickly, and we immediately felt like we've known each other for ages.

This is quite amazing! :smile:

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 2

On 11/6/2023 at 2:55 PM, Sun & Moon said:

It seems like I have a new friend! :wave: With my old friends scattered in different places and after six and a half years of living in this city far away from home I've felt lonely. This friendly woman invited me to her house for the very first time today. We ate together, talked and laughed a lot, and cried a few tears, too, as we have so much in common.

It turned out that she had been studying and working in the small village I come from. Both of us come from another part of Finland and have found this city quite hard to make new friends in (as do many, many others). Six hours passed quickly, and we immediately felt like we've known each other for ages.

This is quite amazing! :smile:

How wonderful!  So happy for you :hug2:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Reading the Ohioans voted to allow adults 21 and older to partake in cannabis. The 24th state to do so. 

Yes, even though Rick Santorum is ticked off about it, the great unwashed can actually think for themselves (wink wink) :biggrin:

• Like 2