What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

13 hours ago, Sun & Moon said:

Congratulations! Sounds lovely! :heart::heart:

It's just like him, I had one that had broken so he found a replacement on Etsy.  :biggrin:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rhyta said:

It was actually yesterday, the 14th was the anniversary of the first date between me and my hubby.  31 years ago...can't believe it has been so long.  He's a great guy and he gave me a cute little hummingbird pull for the ceiling fan. :heart::wub:

Happy first date Anniversary, you two!!  :heart::thumbsup:

• Like 2

What made your day today?  

I matched 5 of 6 numbers on the Wisconsin Supercash lottery.  I won $500.00!  :thumbsup:

What pissed you off today?  

I matched 5 of 6 numbers on the Wisconsin Supercash lottery.  I was one freaking number away from winning $350,000.00!  :rage:  

• Like 4

Progressive lens sunglasses.  After my annual eye exam a new prescription, my optometrist asked what I used for sun protection for my eyes.  I advised him the sunshades I wear over my glasses, which I had picked up from Bass Pro World.  He said "Huh? With your plan we can do  full polarized sunglasses, in your prescription, for $160".  I said, "Jeez, run with it."   Damn, are those things good!  Block out the sun, glare down to zero, and full vision- I have a near for reading and computer/ far for driving prescription , and these are great.  No thick frames, but definitely lenses so dark they won't even know my name.  How I got by without these is nuts.

• Like 3

Cat on my lap while reading a book, sunlight coming in through the window and I can see the lovely fall colors too.  :heart:

• Like 2

Ran into an old friend/co-worker of mine, whom I haven't seen in 30 years.  He happens to be an in-law of my neighbor across the street, and he was coming out of the house when I pulled up to my house.  

DAMN GLAD TO SEE YOU, SIR!  I said with joy.  We stood there and gave each other the speedy versions of the past 30 years and what we've been doing.    

Usually, when I run into old co-workers, they are the ones I don't ever want to see again.  Today was a WIN!   :thumbsup:

• Like 5

:aliendance::clap::7up:  Happy dance today!  We finally had the closing on my mom's house sale today.  It's a big change after 56 years, but it has been  a concern for the last 6 years, taking care of it from 4 hours away.  (My parents and then my mom lived there until a year ago but their age prevented them from doing stuff and they were always telling us- "The neighbors will do it!"" We tried not to leave it to that.) Lots of memories there- tanning on the roof, boyfriends on the roof (my sister's), boyfriends under the bed (my other sister's), groundhog under the front porch. :blink: No more empty house, a new young family has bought it.  Happy life to them!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 5

On 10/14/2023 at 7:16 AM, blueschica said:

:aliendance::clap::7up:  Happy dance today!  We finally had the closing on my mom's house sale today.  It's a big change after 56 years, but it has been  a concern for the last 6 years, taking care of it from 4 hours away.  (My parents and then my mom lived there until a year ago but their age prevented them from doing stuff and they were always telling us- "The neighbors will do it!"" We tried not to leave it to that.) Lots of memories there- tanning on the roof, boyfriends on the roof (my sister's), boyfriends under the bed (my other sister's), groundhog under the front porch. :blink: No more empty house, a new young family has bought it.  Happy life to them!

That's very good news! :smile: A new beginning for both families in many ways.

• Like 2

Not today, but on Saturday: I made a quick visit to the local recycling center I always go to when I'm visiting my parents in my original home town. It's a small building that used to be a grocery store from the 50's to the 70's, but I always find some good stuff there. But this time I couldn't believe my eyes as I walked to the kitchen utensils shelves. There was a blue mug with elephants printed on it. Exactly the same kind of mug that was my most favorite one when I was a kid! :heart: It was in mint condition. And to top it off, right there beside the first mug stood another similar mint one, but in pink. I didn't know it was made in many colours back in the 80's. English quality work. I had to pay 2 €:s for the pair. :happy:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sun & Moon said:

Not today, but on Saturday: I made a quick visit to the local recycling center I always go to when I'm visiting my parents in my original home town. It's a small building that used to be a grocery store from the 50's to the 70's, but I always find some good stuff there. But this time I couldn't believe my eyes as I walked to the kitchen utensils shelves. There was a blue mug with elephants printed on it. Exactly the same kind of mug that was my most favorite one when I was a kid! :heart: It was in mint condition. And to top it off, right there beside the first mug stood another similar mint one, but in pink. I didn't know it was made in many colours back in the 80's. English quality work. I had to pay 2 €:s for the pair. :happy:

That's awesome!  I love a random find!

• Like 2

I've been building a raised garden box this fall, in hopes of having a nice little crop of veggies next year. 

The concrete planter blocks that I'm using are no longer on the Home Depot's website, so I rushed down to the store to see if they had any left. 

I walked into the Garden Center expecting them to be all gone, but NO!  They still have lots of them and they're on clearance!  Half price!  I bought a bunch more! 

It's the little things in life..... :biggrin:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

This morning as I was finishing my daily bass practice session I noticed that I have developed quite a lot of speed and control in both the right and left hand fingers. Practicing chromatic scales as a warm-up has made this happen so secretly that this has gone unnoticed even by myself.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigMontanaSKY said:

People at work did. 

I got to joke with a Mexican guy about Latin American culture. He was amusing.

Did you chat about how Latin is such an underrated language?  :laugh: