What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

The smell of decaying leaves on a night time walk. So many childhood memories came flooding back...

One of my favourite scents. :heart: So invigorating.

Edited by Sun & Moon

I went to the swimming baths despite feeling tired. I talked with a nice guy while we were both resting at the end of the pool. I think we both enjoyed this sparkly chat with a stranger. I swam 100 metres more than I had expected doing, and felt very good afterwards.

And I received the music theory books I ordered online.

• Like 1

The week of Cyber Monday, I'll start work two hours later at 8AM PST instead of 6AM and working the same 4.5 hour shift. Nice to get two extra hours of sleep back. Tired of napping when I get home at around 11 AM to make up for it. It gives me more time for expediting clothes because the store is getting more than usual from trucks because of the holiday season.
  • Like 1

Ensured some data security by disassembling and corrupting 3 hard drives pulled from computers that had crapped out. Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 3

Ensured some data security by disassembling and corrupting 3 hard drives pulled from computers that had crapped out.

That's always fun.

Sometimes I keep the magnets. Have a crazy sculpture I made with them.... will post a pic during the week.

• Like 1

About ten minutes ago I finally got a good view of the bear that's been roaming the neighborhood. He was in the middle of the street when I rounded the corner walking home from a friend's. It grunted and retreated to the base of a huge pine where he often sleeps during the day. From the base he just stared as I walked by.

My wife got a nice photo.

• Like 7

Got the kitty cave put together for my outdoor cat. Has a heated pad inside a styrofoam cooler that is inside our closed in back porch. She's a TNR kitty but haven't been able to get her to come inside so this way she is warm and comfy and out of the weather. Temperatures have been below 30 degrees the last few nights. Makes me happy to go out and see the glow of her eyes inside the cooler and knowing she is warm.
  • Like 5

About ten minutes ago I finally got a good view of the bear that's been roaming the neighborhood. He was in the middle of the street when I rounded the corner walking home from a friend's. It grunted and retreated to the base of a huge pine where he often sleeps during the day. From the base he just stared as I walked by.

My wife got a nice photo.

Post the photo!

• Like 1

Got the kitty cave put together for my outdoor cat. Has a heated pad inside a styrofoam cooler that is inside our closed in back porch. She's a TNR kitty but haven't been able to get her to come inside so this way she is warm and comfy and out of the weather. Temperatures have been below 30 degrees the last few nights. Makes me happy to go out and see the glow of her eyes inside the cooler and knowing she is warm.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

• Like 1

Someone sent me flowers! :)

I'm so happy for this. :rose:

Every now and then I remember the rose speech in one of the Sherlock Holmes stories (The Naval Treaty). It was perfectly performed by the late, great Jeremy Brett.

‘What a lovely thing a rose is! . . . There is nothing in which deduction is so necessary as in religion. . . It can be built up as an exact science by the reasoner. Our highest assurance of the goodness of Providence seems to me to rest in the flowers. All other things, our powers, our desires, our food, are really necessary for our existence in the first instance. But this rose is an extra. Its smell and its colour are an embellishment of life, not a condition of it. It is only goodness which gives extras, and so I say again that we have much to hope from the flowers.’

• Like 2

All the people in the grocery store laughing at my T-shirt memorializing November 22, 1978,.

The First Annual WKRP Thanksgiving Day Turkey Drop.

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

• Like 3

Round midnight, after an arduous day, I realized that despite my not-so-happy feelings I've done my best today. I'm OK. What I've done today is enough.
  • Like 3

All the people in the grocery store laughing at my T-shirt memorializing November 22, 1978,.

The First Annual WKRP Thanksgiving Day Turkey Drop.

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

It was like the turkeys mounted a counter attack! They even appeared ..... organized!

- Les Nessman

• Like 3

Getting the Lerxst bluetooth speaker by FedEx :)

It was about 7 pm and I went to lock the front screen door, had it open because tracking said it was being delivered today, felt bummed about not getting it and the guy is coming up the stairs with a flashlight, package in hand.

Sweet!

• Like 2