What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

I get a 5.9% (yes, :yes: you read that right :yes: 5.9% :o :o :o ) increase in my social security benefits in 2022!

Who wants to help me spend it and where do we start?

Road trip! Where to?

We'll have to flip some coins. Good thing for modern tech because maps cost money.

What's your top three? Graceland? The Jell-o museum? Carhenge?

• Like 1

Rusty, our cat with diabetes is improving, yay! less messes to clean up. I love the little guy, going to be with us for a lot longer now :) Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 5

Pretty minor, really, but a package that has been stuck in eastern Washington since Monday night (was initially scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday) will finally be delivered tomorrow, hopefully.

I check mid-morning and it says "on the truck for delivery" but I get an email that says it's been re-scheduled to Monday. Then I get text telling me it's ready for pickup at the hold point I chose. Motherscratchers are messing with me.

I found a link via the Wayback machine to Music In The Abstract's RUSH Oddities collection! It's a RUSH Geek's holy grail. Rare interviews, extended studio fade-outs, buried guitar, bass and vocal tracks exposed, concert train wrecks... :drool:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210516035945/http://www.rushoddities.com/

• Like 2

Today I had my first morning in about 10 - 15 years without any pain. My senses were clear, nothing was dimmed by the reflections of aches. It was almost out of my comprehension to take a shower and wash my hair without any hurt in my scalp, face or neck. I didn't remember how it was to put my clothes on without feeling dizzy and to eat breakfast feeling rested.

I got to realize that whatever pain I have, I need to listen to it, take it in my arms and let it rest in a warm embrace. To tell the pain that I will never more abandon it or leave it crying in the loneliness. This gift, as I call it, loves to live in silence and stillness. In a world where many people shout out loud one needs silence to hear the pain.

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 4

I live on the same street as the Governor’s Mansion, and Halloween is a huge deal. We gave out 5,000 pieces of candy to a couple thousand trick or treaters. It was good fun!
  • Like 1

Today I had my first morning in about 10 - 15 years without any pain. My senses were clear, nothing was dimmed by the reflections of aches. It was almost out of my comprehension to take a shower and wash my hair without any hurt in my scalp, face or neck. I didn't remember how it was to put my clothes on without feeling dizzy and to eat breakfast feeling rested.

I got to realize that whatever pain I have, I need to listen to it, take it in my arms and let it rest in a warm embrace. To tell the pain that I will never more abandon it or leave it crying in the loneliness. This gift, as I call it, loves to live in silence and stillness. In a world where many people shout out loud one needs silence to hear the pain.

Beautifully expressed.
  • Like 3

Pretty minor, really, but a package that has been stuck in eastern Washington since Monday night (was initially scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday) will finally be delivered tomorrow, hopefully.

I check mid-morning and it says "on the truck for delivery" but I get an email that says it's been re-scheduled to Monday. Then I get text telling me it's ready for pickup at the hold point I chose. Motherscratchers are messing with me.

Sounds like FedEx.

Beautifully expressed.

Thank you, goose.

• Like 1

Beautifully expressed.

Thank you, goose.

:hug2:
  • Like 2

I was invited to spend Christmas weekend with an old Detroit area friend and his wife, who now have a place North of Clearwater, FL, and I have accepted. Should be fun!
  • Like 4

I was invited to spend Christmas weekend with an old Detroit area friend and his wife, who now have a place North of Clearwater, FL, and I have accepted. Should be fun!

Sounds very good, I'm happy for you! :)

• Like 1

How amazing to become aware of no pain.

In the end, it is all a gift wrapped up in layers of grace.

May we use all of it well. :hug2:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

How amazing to become aware of no pain.

In the end, it is all a gift wrapped up in layers of grace.

May we use all of it well. :hug2:

:hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

• Like 4

Took my Mrs. to see Eagles last night. Good God 70+ year old men should not be able to still sing like that. 9th time I've seen them (as well as seeing both Henley and Walsh solo 3 other times, separately obviously) and I just never get tired of them. They change the setlist around just enough to keep it interesting. This tour the first 45 mins. was Hotel California in its entirety, beginning to end, which meant 2 killer songs that I've only seen performed one other time each, Wasted Time and The Last Resort.

Show was at the new arena in Seattle. Nice place.

• Like 4

Yesterday...

My son is swimming in the Nevada State swim meet. He had a rough morning but swam well enough to come back for the evening session, where he dropped time. But what was really cool is that the girls side featured two Olympic swimmers. Both swim for Sandpipers of Las Vegas, and watching them go head to head each day has been a lot of fun. The two girls are really nice, and the other kids have enjoyed taking pics with them.

[Edited for vulgarity]

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Yesterday...

My sin is swimming in the Nevada State swim meet. He had a rough morning but swam well enough to come back for the evening session, where he dropped time. But what was really cool is that the girls side featured two Olympic swimmers. Both swim for Sandpipers of Las Vegas, and watching them go head to head each day has been a lot of fun. The two girls are really nice, and the other kids have enjoyed taking pics with them.

I'm staying out of that pool. Unless I'm reading more into that first sentence than I should.

• Like 2

Yesterday...

My sin is swimming in the Nevada State swim meet. He had a rough morning but swam well enough to come back for the evening session, where he dropped time. But what was really cool is that the girls side featured two Olympic swimmers. Both swim for Sandpipers of Las Vegas, and watching them go head to head each day has been a lot of fun. The two girls are really nice, and the other kids have enjoyed taking pics with them.

I'm staying out of that pool. Unless I'm reading more into that first sentence than I should.

:laughing guy:

Maybe my best typo ever.

• Like 4

Both my kids did competitive swimming when they were younger. Those meets can make for a long day!

No doubt, especially the championship formatted meets. Warm up, then swim two or three events in the AM prelims over a four to five hour period, rest for three hours and come back for a four hour finals PM session to swim again. Oh yeah...and wait till the bitter end to swim your relay after finals conclude.
  • Like 2