What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Round midnight, after an arduous day, I realized that despite my not-so-happy feelings I've done my best today. I'm OK. What I've done today is enough.

:heart: :hug2:

• Like 1

I got myself a super-duper bass teacher! I have to take a 2 - 3 hours train ride to get to the classes, but it will be worth it. :heart: :guitar: :heart:
  • Like 3

Just handed in my resignation letter to my employer. What a relief. :) The best part was that I got to give the letter to one of the really good managers, who was always super cool with me. I shook his hand firmly and told him how much I liked working with him.

It’s always risky, leaving a job without having another one waiting for you, but sometimes, it’s necessary.

When a job harms your physical health and sanity, you do what is necessary.

On to the next challenge, the next opportunity. :)

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 5

Just handed in my resignation letter to my employer. What a relief. :) The best part was that I got to give the letter to one of the really good managers, who was always super cool with me. I shook his hand firmly and told him how much I liked working with him.

It’s always risky, leaving a job without having another one waiting for you, but sometimes, it’s necessary.

All the best for the times to come! Now enjoy your freedom! :) :banana:

• Like 3

I'm already profiting from my departure. I'm sleeping better! That damned 300 - 1130 pm shift was killing my sleep cycle. I was like a zombie most of the day....

• Like 3

I'm already profiting from my departure. I'm sleeping better! That damned 300 - 1130 pm shift was killing my sleep cycle. I was like a zombie most of the day....

Good to hear. Pulling for you to find a better employment situation

• Like 3

We went to Pittsburgh this weekend to see my mom. Drove home this evening, part of it is through very rural country, Amish farms and a lot of fields. It was so clear after sunset, I looked up and could see Jupiter, Saturn, and Venus in a line in the sky. It was so cool! There was also a large full moon in front of us for about an hour as we drove east so my husband got to see something as well. :)

HlShPuQl.jpg

• Like 11

We went to Pittsburgh this weekend to see my mom. Drove home this evening, part of it is through very rural country, Amish farms and a lot of fields. It was so clear after sunset, I looked up and could see Jupiter, Saturn, and Venus in a line in the sky. It was so cool! There was also a large full moon in front of us for about an hour as we drove east so my husband got to see something as well. :)

HlShPuQl.jpg

Living in the Northwest, when we look skyward in the winter, day or night, most times it's just clouds. I miss a lot of meteor showers. Pretty cool you could see all that at once.

• Like 2

HlShPuQl.jpg

Living in the Northwest, when we look skyward in the winter, day or night, most times it's just clouds. I miss a lot of meteor showers. Pretty cool you could see all that at once.

It was pretty neat! I didn't know the lineup would still be there. Our weatherman said something last week, like Wednesday or Thursday to go look and it was raining here so we thought we missed it.

• Like 1

HlShPuQl.jpg

The planets have always fascinated me. To think that you can still see Jupiter and Saturn shining in the sky even though Jupiter is 500 million miles away and Saturn is almost a billion really shows just how enormous they are.

• Like 3

My hubby did some Christmas shopping Saturday, his last stop was at Costco. On the way in, he stopped to help a lady load 4 cases of bottled water in her car. He bought some gift cards and other stuff. Came home and couldn't find the cards. So today he goes back and just for the heck of it goes to the Customer Service booth. Someone had turned the cards in a half hour after he dropped them in the parking lot. The barcodes matched up on his charge receipt. Bless that someone for being honest and not spending the cards. Helping that lady was paying it forward. :heart: Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 6

My hubby did some Christmas shopping Saturday, his last stop was at Costco. On the way in, he stopped to help a lady load 4 cases of bottled water in her car. He bought some gift cards and other stuff. Came home and couldn't find the cards. So today he goes back and just for the heck of it goes to the Customer Service booth. Someone had turned the cards in a half hour after he dropped them in the parking lot. The barcodes matched up on his charge receipt. Bless that someone for being honest and not spending the cards. Helping that lady was paying it forward. :heart:

That is wonderful! :heart:

• Like 2

My hubby did some Christmas shopping Saturday, his last stop was at Costco. On the way in, he stopped to help a lady load 4 cases of bottled water in her car. He bought some gift cards and other stuff. Came home and couldn't find the cards. So today he goes back and just for the heck of it goes to the Customer Service booth. Someone had turned the cards in a half hour after he dropped them in the parking lot. The barcodes matched up on his charge receipt. Bless that someone for being honest and not spending the cards. Helping that lady was paying it forward. :heart:

There are good folks out there, even if sometimes it doesn't seem that way.

• Like 2

Not so much today, but rather the last 3 days!

We finally got over to England to see my Grandchildren - We got to see Fred just before the pandemic 2 years ago when he was only a few months old.

Martha was only born on February this year so it was our first time seeing her.

My daughter laid on an early Christmas dinner yesterday which was a lovely family day.

A fab early Christmas present!!

• Like 7

There are good folks out there, even if sometimes it doesn't seem that way.

The bad people get all the press. Good people are not newsworthy.

• Like 2

We finally got over to England to see my Grandchildren - We got to see Fred just before the pandemic 2 years ago when he was only a few months old.

My daughter laid on an early Christmas dinner yesterday which was a lovely family day.

That's wonderful! So happy for you :D

• Like 2

What a great visit! So happy you were able to get together. :hi:

• Like 3

I am doing some rather extensive updating to a procedure at work. One of the things I have to change is the "Revision Date." And so even though today is 12/22, I changed the revision date to 12/21, because I can.
  • Like 2

Ran into a very old and dear friend of Karen and mine in the grocery store today. Joanne married her husband John here in FL the exact same day Karen and I got married in MI. She home cares John pretty much the same as I did with Karen before she passed away, We hung out and talked for a good ten minutes before we continued with our respective shopping. A good experience before heading out to another couple of friends for Christmas.
  • Like 5