What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

My bass and I just composed the first four or eight bars of our first ever composition. Might be a minuet or a polska of some kind, not yet quite sure of what the time signature is. The piece is meant for dancing in a pretty slow tempo, anyhow. The first part (the theme) will be in minor.

I'm a bit astonished, not by the melody itself (it's very generic within the genre) but by that this just happened, and exactly five months after I started playing. A perfect surprise on my monthly celebration day with the bass (it's always on the 11th day of the month). :heart:

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 4

It's snowing here in the valley! :cheerleader:

Must be beautiful! For how long does it take to have a lasting snow on the ground - your best guess? :) Within a month and a half?

• Like 1

Must be beautiful! For how long does it take to have a lasting snow on the ground - your best guess? :) Within a month and a half?

In the Valley, lasting snow comes in late December, and by lasting I mean on the ground for a week or so. The stuff up high in the Sierras should be with us for the duration.
  • Like 1

In the Valley, lasting snow comes in late December, and by lasting I mean on the ground for a week or so. The stuff up high in the Sierras should be with us for the duration.

We should statistically expect the first snow here in less than a month, but it is most likely to melt away within a day or two. The lasting snow cover (if such thing anymore exists) might be here on the coast late December- early January.

• Like 2

I interviewed a guy today who is in the same position I was in 5 years ago. Let go from a nice job, and trying to reinvent himself to stay relevant. Guy hit all the points for me, desire to learn, asks the right questions, knows how to run a project, has a sense of ownership, and wants to make a difference again. Best candidate I've interviewed in a long, long time.

I recommended him for the next stage as a Strong Yes. Will be a team interview, and I'm confident this guy will smoke it.

Paying it forward. Someone saw my potential and who I really am, when i was out of the game, and gave me a shot. Now it's my turn to do the same for another qualified and talented candidate. Feels good.

Edited by grep
  • Like 6

My first suppository!

Yay!!!! :dweez: :cheers: :ebert: :clap:

Not....sure...what to do with...this.... :scared:

But if it brings you relief, then :clap: :clap: :clap::)

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

My first suppository!

But if it brings you relief, then :clap: :clap: :clap: :)

I never had to take one before, but the feces are backing up. I take 11 lax a day and after three days still no relief. That's where the suppository comes in.

Got some enemas too. :) They've changed a lot since I was a little girl. :codger:

Isn't my life exciting? As long as I'm not in pain and I can still find some humor in this nightmare somewhere, I am not doing too shabby.

• Like 4

My first suppository!

But if it brings you relief, then :clap: :clap: :clap: :)

I never had to take one before, but the feces are backing up. I take 11 lax a day and after three days still no relief. That's where the suppository comes in.

Got some enemas too. :) They've changed a lot since I was a little girl. :codger:

Isn't my life exciting? As long as I'm not in pain and I can still find some humor in this nightmare somewhere, I am not doing too shabby.

I am glad you can still find some humor in this! It would be presumptuous to tell you you're doing great...in no way do I want to speak to what I cannot truly know...but your posts are imbued with a spirit and a sense that you're making the best of a horrific situation and your spirit, grit, and toughness shows through even in the most painful of posts.

:hug2:

• Like 3

I played in a fundraiser golf tournament today in perfect weather with three great guys. We shot a respectable -7, which we felt good about. The topper was that I had bought two $25 raffle tickets for a chance at winning $2500 worth of rounds at ten area courses and ended up winning!

I immediately became everyone's best buddy. :lol:

• Like 6

I played in a fundraiser golf tournament today in perfect weather with three great guys. We shot a respectable -7, which we felt good about. The topper was that I had bought two $25 raffle tickets for a chance at winning $2500 worth of rounds at ten area courses and ended up winning!

That's awesome.

That's awesome.

2022 will be a very good golf season!

Lasr week I stopped by my vet's office and advised them about Rocky, closing their files. Today I received an "in loving memory" sympathy card from them.
  • Like 4

Tonight I went to the swimming baths. I knew I love swimming but now I became vividly aware again of how much I love the feeling of water carrying me and caressing my burnt-out body. It's been long since I've been able to do any sports. I felt so happy to notice that I could swim 300 metres. That's not even a 1/3 - 1/4 of what I used to swim routinely, but with a burnout, every step forward feels like a victory. Now I'm exhausted (in a non-consuming way), and looking forward to visiting the baths again. Got to take it slow. Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 3

The sunshine and gentle breeze; the birds in their bath; the sound of the fallen leaves.

The goodness of so many people. Smile at someone who looks as if they can't take another moment - see the change that comesiver their face. A genuine from the heart smile makes a difference.

• Like 9

I get a 5.9% (yes, :yes: you read that right :yes: 5.9% :o :o :o ) increase in my social security benefits in 2022!

Who wants to help me spend it and where do we start?

Road trip! Where to?

• Like 4

I get a 5.9% (yes, :yes: you read that right :yes: 5.9% :o :o :o ) increase in my social security benefits in 2022!

Who wants to help me spend it and where do we start?

Road trip! Where to?

We'll have to flip some coins. Good thing for modern tech because maps cost money.

• Like 2