What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

What made my day today? The Rush Forums.

Of course the past two years and more on the forums have been great. Getting to know some members, posting about my events, liking the posts of others.

But even though I log in regularly to look at what is going on or post a remark, once in a while I appreciate the simple fact that I did join, and all these wonderful folks talk about stuff other than the band.

An hour ago we finished watching some world junior hockey games and a movie (Just Friends -hey, a classic) and I wondered what I could do next.

Then TRF came to mind. All you guys and gals, all you write about.

I logged in to say...You made my day today :sundog: :bang bang: :notworthy: :D-13: :rush: :7up: :LMAO: :banana: :geddy: :monalisa: :Alex: :Neil:

Edit: And an excuse to use a tonne of little comic emoticons!

Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 5

What made my day today? The Rush Forums.

Of course the past two years and more on the forums have been great. Getting to know some members, posting about my events, liking the posts of others.

But even though I log in regularly to look at what is going on or post a remark, once in a while I appreciate the simple fact that I did join, and all these wonderful folks talk about stuff other than the band.

An hour ago we finished watching some world junior hockey games and a movie (Just Friends -hey, a classic) and I wondered what I could do next.

Then TRF came to mind. All you guys and gals, all you write about.

I logged in to say...You made my day today :sundog: :bang bang: :notworthy: :D-13: :rush: :7up: :LMAO: :banana: :geddy: :monalisa: :Alex: :Neil:

Edit: And an excuse to use a tonne of little comic emoticons!

:goodone: :goodone: :goodone: :hug2: :rush: :heart:

I totally agree. I've only been a member less than a year. The folks here are definitely the best. I'm so proud of being part of this great community. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 5

Found out the Metrolink train is operating on New Years as well as Foothill Transit. Omnitrans in my inland area doesn’t operate. Taking it to Claremont where I grew up at the Laemmle to see the new Macbeth movie by Joel Coen starring Frances McDormand and Denzel. I’d rather not wait until it hits Apple TV. Edited by invisible airwave

This is actually from New Year's Day, my hubby and I celebrated our 27th anniversary. He's my best friend in the world who still makes me laugh every day, I am so lucky. :heart:
  • Like 8

This is actually from New Year's Day, my hubby and I celebrated our 27th anniversary. He's my best friend in the world who still makes me laugh every day, I am so lucky. :heart:

Happy belated to you two! :rose: :heart: :heart: :rose: 27 years is a long time, but spending it with a best friend may have made the time fly. :)

Edited by Sun & Moon
  • Like 2

First day of skiing. We chose to avoid the holiday crowds of the past week.

High winds meant limited lifts running, but we had great tree skiing and lots of fun bombing the groomers off Heavenly's Stagecoach lift.

• Like 5

This is a few days late but I thought it was worth revisiting. A hockey fan sitting behind the bench of the Vancouver Canucks sees a mole on the equipment managers neck. She waits until after the game and types a note on her phone and tells him it probably is cancer and he should get it checked. He does and finds out it is cancer but since it was discovered early he's going to be fine.

He reaches out through social media to find her and they meet up at the next game. The Canucks and the Kraken give her $10,000 for medical school (she had just recently been accepted). Makes me tear up everytime I watch it. The link shows them meeting and the announcement at the game of her scholarship. What a lovely story :heart:

http://www.nbcnews.c...-game-rcna10690

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 6

Happy, happy anniversary to you two! Best wishes to your 27 years and many more!

• Like 4

This is a few days late but I thought it was worth revisiting. A hockey fan sitting behind the bench of the Vancouver Canucks sees a mole on the equipment managers neck. She waits until after the game and types a note on her phone and tells him it probably is cancer and he should get it checked. He does and finds out it is cancer but since it was discovered early he's going to be fine.

He reaches out through social media to find her and they meet up at the next game. The Canucks and the Kraken give her $10,000 for medical school (she had just recently been accepted). Makes me tear up everytime I watch it. The link shows them meeting and the announcement at the game of her scholarship. What a lovely story :heart:

Very cool!
  • Like 2

Very cool!

Yeah this made our local news. Awesome story

• Like 4

Sleeping in my bed.

Me too, lying in bed and reading with a couple of kitties to keep me company. Heaven :heart: Especially when it is only 35 degrees outside!

• Like 4

Last night, I woke up to nuclear winter as the full moon was posessed and lit up my room with the help of old man winter's reminder of who was really in charge. I was trudging to the local Grokery and Liquer Depot this am with my muffler in tow and was greeted by the lovliest and largest sundogs I have ever witnessed. This evening, the sun is delightfully setting through the sleepy hollow evergreens beyond my kitchen window and the virgin snow is yawning with indifference as if it knows what is coming this weekend.

I don't always appreciate the Prairie winters, but that was a trifecta of excellence!

Edited by Tinwoodsman
  • Like 5

Last night, I woke up to nuclear winter as the full moon was posessed and lit up my room with the help of old man winter's reminder of who was really in charge. I was trudging to the local Grokery and Liquer Depot this am with my muffler in tow and was greeted by the lovliest and largest sundogs I have ever witnessed. This evening, the sun is delightfully setting through the sleepy hollow evergreens beyond my kitchen window and the virgin snow is yawning with indifference as if it knows what is coming this weekend.

I don't always appreciate the Prairie winters, but that was a trifecta of excellence!

Sounds so lovely! Thanks for sharing this :ebert:

• Like 3

A job offer from my dream firm.

I said yes. :)

Wow! Well done- congratulations to you! :dweez: :dweez: That's so exciting! Don't forget to check in with us old folks once in a while. :)

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Wow! Well done- congratulations to you! :dweez: :dweez: That's so exciting! Don't forget to check in with us old folks once in a while. :)

Congratulations!! :clap: :yes: Well done

• Like 2

Wow, great! :cheerleader: Congratulations! :clap:

• Like 3