What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

All the disgusting SH*T in my intestines last night....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Poo/poop%20emoji%20steam.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

A college friend of mine might end up homeless.

I know this after the fact, I have been away for a bit and I had a friend whose brother took her condo away from her...hope your friend landed on his feet. My friend is just getting by, wish there was more that I could do for her....

Edited by Rhyta

I've been going back through the posts here for a bit. I haven't been around TRF on a regular basis since the end of December. My mother's health has been up and down, in and out of the hospital three times, twice to a care facility and just a week ago home with hospice care. It was a week ago today that she passed, with me by her side all night. Thank goodness I was able to take time off work and be there for her. So you can imagine that I am sad, I have missed reading everyone's posts so I decided to check back in today. Rush's music has been a big coping mechanism throughout this process. We are having her memorial this Wed so I will be back soon to read your posts and find some that will make me laugh. Sorry for being so maudlin, but I need to write this out today, thanks for listening Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

I've been going back through the posts here for a bit. I haven't been around TRF on a regular basis since the end of December. My mother's health has been up and down, in and out of the hospital three times, twice to a care facility and just a week ago home with hospice care. It was a week ago today that she passed, with me by her side all night. Thank goodness I was able to take time off work and be there for her. So you can imagine that I am sad, I have missed reading everyone's posts so I decided to check back in today. Rush's music has been a big coping mechanism throughout this process. We are having her memorial this Wed so I will be back soon to read your posts and find some that will make me laugh. Sorry for being so maudlin, but I need to write this out today, thanks for listening

Rhyta my dear, it is always lovely to see you here but I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. I'm glad that you were able to be there for her, and that you have found some solace in music. There is no need to apologize, though; you are among friends here, and we are here for you :hug2: You have my deepest sympathies and will be in my thoughts.

• Like 1

I've been going back through the posts here for a bit. I haven't been around TRF on a regular basis since the end of December. My mother's health has been up and down, in and out of the hospital three times, twice to a care facility and just a week ago home with hospice care. It was a week ago today that she passed, with me by her side all night. Thank goodness I was able to take time off work and be there for her. So you can imagine that I am sad, I have missed reading everyone's posts so I decided to check back in today. Rush's music has been a big coping mechanism throughout this process. We are having her memorial this Wed so I will be back soon to read your posts and find some that will make me laugh. Sorry for being so maudlin, but I need to write this out today, thanks for listening

Rhyta, I am so sorry. :hug2: Please take comfort though in the fact that you've been a good daughter and stayed with your mother right up the end.

• Like 1

Sympathies, Rhyta, it's tough, but survival is pretty much guaranteed. Luck to you. :hug2:
  • Like 1

Rhyta, I'm so sorry to hear this. :hug2: You have my sincerest condolences. I'm glad you could be with your mom and be such a comfort to her. I don't think you're being maudlin at all, I'm glad that TRF is here if it helps. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers as you comfort each other on Wednesday.

• Like 1

:hug2:

For your mom: :rose:

• Like 1

Applying for work and never getting any feedback, only to contact the employer to further my chances to find out I am one of thousands of applicants.

Thousands.

I live in a dead part of England. All my qualifications amount to zilch.

Meanwhile I see so many thriving on benefits from having kids...or benefits being paid to find work, only they aren't trying to find work, it makes me sick.

And then people ask why I have depression and anxiety...try living here...it's not life it's just an existence. I scrub people's toilets and tidy their lazy teens bedrooms for a living to try and make ends meet...if I can find even that work to do.

So many 16-30 year olds still living at home trying so hard to make a life for themselves around here and on the other extreme...benefit scroungers living in houses with an uncontrolled brat and plenty of pricey vices.

Sometimes I get so angry it's unreal...

Plus I've been told some of my qualifications are out of date so I need to take them again. To do so costs money I don't really have as I am barely earning anything. How much more money do I need to be able to afford to make money?

Living an honest adult life seems to be the same thing as shooting oneself in the foot where I live.

Edited by Segue Myles

It is 1pm eastern time and no one has started a Happy 9th anniversary Crimsonmistymemory thread yet. :(

:hug2: I'm so sorry, my friend! I have been at work so by the time I got to the forum today, blueschica had thankfully already made a lovely thread for you! You truly are valued, and I hope you know that! :cheers:

• Like 2

It is 1pm eastern time and no one has started a Happy 9th anniversary Crimsonmistymemory thread yet. :(

:hug2: I'm so sorry, my friend! I have been at work so by the time I got to the forum today, blueschica had thankfully already made a lovely thread for you! You truly are valued, and I hope you know that! :cheers:

Thank you my dear friend I know my sadness was trivial to some of the true sadness in this thread, but I thought it a nice time to throw my own pity party ;) You know how I love a good party :P Thank you my dear for reaching out :hug2:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Applying for work and never getting any feedback, only to contact the employer to further my chances to find out I am one of thousands of applicants.

Thousands.

I live in a dead part of England. All my qualifications amount to zilch.

Meanwhile I see so many thriving on benefits from having kids...or benefits being paid to find work, only they aren't trying to find work, it makes me sick.

And then people ask why I have depression and anxiety...try living here...it's not life it's just an existence. I scrub people's toilets and tidy their lazy teens bedrooms for a living to try and make ends meet...if I can find even that work to do.

So many 16-30 year olds still living at home trying so hard to make a life for themselves around here and on the other extreme...benefit scroungers living in houses with an uncontrolled brat and plenty of pricey vices.

Sometimes I get so angry it's unreal...

Plus I've been told some of my qualifications are out of date so I need to take them again. To do so costs money I don't really have as I am barely earning anything. How much more money do I need to be able to afford to make money?

Living an honest adult life seems to be the same thing as shooting oneself in the foot where I live.

I see a lot of this with folks I work with. Lots are people I knew in high school that have to room with 4-5 people now just to scrape by. Some have moved back in with their parents. Their experience is never good enough for a job that really doesn't need as much as they're demanding. I have an idea of what you're going through though I've never experienced it firsthand. I wish you the best and really hope it works out in the end. Do you currently live with roommates? Or if not, would you be open to that?

Thousands.

What kind of jobs are you applying for that have thousands of applicants? The FBI or whatever the equivalent of that is in the UK?

^^^ MI6

What makes ME sad? Admitting to myself that the STUPIDITY of CERTAIN PEOPLE on this earth may NEVER END. (Orlando, and many other murderers)

Learning that the Orlando Disney property warning signs didn't have the bottom sign...

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/06/15/0615-no-swimming-gators-sign-disney-hyatt-graham-regency-6.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 4

Learning that the Orlando Disney property warning signs didn't have the bottom sign...

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2016/06/15/0615-no-swimming-gators-sign-disney-hyatt-graham-regency-6.jpg

Coincidentally, Shanghai Disney opened today.

Yes. No gators in Shanghai. Are there signs for the dragons, though?
  • Like 1