What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Realizing I have no friends IRL. I have only had 1 before, The rest of my friends I had would ignore me or be rude to me.

:(

Then those people were never your friends to begin with. Take it from someone who is more of an introvert/loner, whatever you wanna call it, some people just work better being on their own and not having that many friends. Others love having all that attention and being with people but it's not for everybody. You'll eventually figure it out and hopefully those who are close to you learn who you truly are and accept you for that.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 4

Realizing I have no friends IRL. I have only had 1 before, The rest of my friends I had would ignore me or be rude to me.

Then those people were never your friends to begin with. Take it from someone who is more of an introvert/loner, whatever you wanna call it, some people just work better being on their own and not having that many friends. Others love having all that attention and being with people but it's not for everybody. You'll eventually figure it out and hopefully those who are close to you learn who you truly are and accept you for that.

Yeah. I have just realized that now.

Yeah. I have just realized that now.

I agree with J2112--I have always taken a quality over quantity approach to friendships. I overtly yet respectfully told one person five years ago, right at the tail-end of highschool, that I thought he was a very rude and unpleasant individual, and that our friendship would close immediately.

It'll get better 74, and highschool is a time full of change. :)

• Like 2

And you won't get any unless you get off the computer and get out and join a club or something where there are other people. Volunteer somewhere if you don't have any hobbies other than the computer. Humane Societies are always looking for people to walk and socialize their dogs...etc.

• Like 4

I have a fellow Rush friend that is in the hospital right now and they I don't know what's going on with her. They've been doing bloodwork and the doctors are leaning towards Myasthenia Gravis. She is having to have a feeding tube and breathing tube right now and is very unresponsive. I feel pretty helpless since I'm about 2000 miles away. Hopefully they get a diagnosis soon.

I have a fellow Rush friend that is in the hospital right now and they I don't know what's going on with her. They've been doing bloodwork and the doctors are leaning towards Myasthenia Gravis. She is having to have a feeding tube and breathing tube right now and is very unresponsive. I feel pretty helpless since I'm about 2000 miles away. Hopefully they get a diagnosis soon.

Sorry to hear about your friend. It sounds unpleasant, but it can be treated, I think?

• Like 1

My aunt had that. And I know another young woman who was an attorney in Florida that had it as well.

Toymaker is right. It is treatable, but it takes time.

Hope your friend pulls through okay.

• Like 1

My aunt had that. And I know another young woman who was an attorney in Florida that had it as well.

Toymaker is right. It is treatable, but it takes time.

Hope your friend pulls through okay.

They're not certain that's what it is yet. I haven't heard a lot except though her mother. The doctors seem baffled which is why they sent her to the OSU hospital.

I'm so sorry to hear this. A university teaching hospital is supposed to be a good place to go with a complicated problem so I'm glad your friend is at OSU. We'll keep our fingers crossed for her- sounds very scary.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear this. A university teaching hospital is supposed to be a good place to go with a complicated problem so I'm glad your friend is at OSU. We'll keep our fingers crossed for her- sounds very scary.

Thanks. :)

FARTS!

Take a GOOD BIG WHIFF!!!!!! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/FARTS%20AMIGHTY/fartonyouanim.gif :nya nya:

:banana:

"Methane! Methane!"- George Carlin, mid seventies....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20screaming.gif

I remember, when I worked at FORD'S, we had Hi-Los (Forklifts) that ran on Propane. the exhaust from them smelled a LOT like Methane FARTS....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Work/Propane%20powered%20forklift.jpg This is a propane powered Hi-Lo....notice the tank behind the driver.....

• Like 1

I remember, when I worked at FORD'S, we had Hi-Los (Forklifts) that ran on Propane. the exhaust from them smelled a LOT like Methane FARTS....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Work/Propane%20powered%20forklift.jpg This is a propane powered Hi-Lo....notice the tank behind the driver.....

I used to load cherries with one of those. Large bins of them...not one at a time. ;)
  • Like 2

I used to load cherries with one of those. Large bins of them...not one at a time. ;)

But you CAN CONFIRM that the exhaust stank,, right?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20with%20Headphones%20and%20vinyl%20album.jpeg

• Like 1

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Banana%20with%20Headphones%20and%20vinyl%20album.jpeg

Um...yeah...it was totally the exhaust...and not the after-effects of too many cherries. :ph34r:
  • Like 1

Um...yeah...it was totally the exhaust...and not the after-effects of too many cherries. :ph34r:

Hey, different body chemistries make different FARTS!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20transporting.gif

I keep having dreams about my friend who took his life. In one I tried to save him, and in others he mostly shows up to my surprise.

I still dream about those who have died in my life too. I'm always genuinely surprised to see them in my dreams because I know they have died.

• Like 1

I keep having dreams about my friend who took his life. In one I tried to save him, and in others he mostly shows up to my surprise.

I still dream about those who have died in my life too. I'm always genuinely surprised to see them in my dreams because I know they have died.

I find myself emotionally haunted by those that have died unnatural deaths at young ages. Something will trigger a memory and I'm overcome with a wave of sadness...even decades later.

I find myself emotionally haunted by those that have died unnatural deaths at young ages. Something will trigger a memory and I'm overcome with a wave of sadness...even decades later.

I experience the same, too.

Union, I'm sorry for your loss. I know it's been a little while since it happened, but not all that long...and you're obviously still reconciling it. Take good care.

• Like 2

That's no fun. I have heard that it takes several months for the brain to process a tragedy like that. It's not unusual to have dreams/nightmares after a period of time has passed.

It takes even longer when the cause of death is uncertain and no one knows exactly what happened because no one is talking. That's what happened with my best friend. We still don't know, almost forty years later, exactly what happened that night.
  • Like 1

One more day with almost NOTHING to do at work - yes, the job I started in January! The company is at a crossroads right now, and hasn´t decided whether or not it will go ahead with certain projects, and while they´re still on the fence, we sit here doing close to nothing all day. If only I didn´t need the money, I could quit this and spend my days with Stella!
  • Like 2

My hips ache......

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Carmen%20Miranda%20banana.gif