What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

I got sad when I read about a gorilla being killed in a Cincinnati zoo because some pathetic excuse for a parent or parents weren't paying attention to their 4 year old son and he managed to get into the area where the gorillas reside. One of the larger males grabbed him and the emergency response team thought the child may have been in danger so they shot and killed the gorilla.
  • Like 6

I got sad when I read about a gorilla being killed in a Cincinnati zoo because some pathetic excuse for a parent or parents weren't paying attention to their 4 year old son and he managed to get into the area where the gorillas reside. One of the larger males grabbed him and the emergency response team thought the child may have been in danger so they shot and killed the gorilla.

For me, that's more angering than sad

• Like 3

Someone on deviantart is hurting my feelings. The person is calling me names and she keeps blocking me and my friends.

Oh, as we used say back in the day, F**k them and the horse they rode in on. You are an intelligent and interesting person and welcome here anytime. Try not to let them get to you and maybe stay off that board for a few days; they can't bother you if you're not there. I dunno, but that would be my first instinct anyway.

• Like 4

Regrets:

- great situations that I couldn't be part of due opposite conditions;

- being too surrounded by people whom I wasn't in affinity with;

- not being enough, as a result, not getting enough;

- ideas that should have been put in practice before;

- staying away from my real goals, due difficult circumstances;

- not leaving a certain place behind;

- accept charges that weren't mine;

- listening to wrong people;

- untaken chances;

- why only now I know what I should have known before?

:(

Because often we see the handwriting on the wall but refuse to read it.

Experience is the best teacher and wisest counselor. Next time, you will know better. :hug2:

• Like 2

Regrets:

- untaken chances;

Rhyv I don't know your personal situation but I know you're a really cool person. You may have been with people you do not have much affinity with, but when we discuss art late at night we are most definitely in affinity. Stay strong. You're awesome! :hug2:

• Like 4

Regrets:

- untaken chances;

Because often we see the handwriting on the wall but refuse to read it.

Experience is the best teacher and wisest counselor. Next time, you will know better. :hug2:

Yes, I know better now and I can make it right.

Time for a new chance.

• Like 1

Regrets:

- untaken chances;

Rhyv I don't know your personal situation but I know you're a really cool person. You may have been with people you do not have much affinity with, but when we discuss art late at night we are most definitely in affinity. Stay strong. You're awesome! :hug2:

I was just venting about my personal life between 2008-2015.

There were troubles still reflecting on my situation, but I foud a way on last weeks.

It isn't about anyone at TRF. Not at all. Here I feel better related than in many other places. Truly.

Thanks a lot for your kind words. :)

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 4

Ali's Departure....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana-sad.gif

Every day when I walk into my workplace, my heart just sinks.

I devote about two thirds of all of my waking hours to my job, and it's just...in almost twelve and a half years, this is the worst I've ever felt about it.

I hate living like this. I really need to do something else.

• Like 2

I devote about two thirds of all of my waking hours to my job, and it's just...in almost twelve and a half years, this is the worst I've ever felt about it.

Maybe it's time to update your resume :)

Speaking from experience, when I quit my heart-sinking, soul-sucking job it was like a literal weight was lifted from my shoulders. And suddenly I felt so much happier; I was no longer angry with the world. Maybe that's what you need.

• Like 2

I'm sorry to hear that.

I know, I've been there.

When I was in that place over a decade ago, I made a decision that most of my friends and family thought was totally nuts. And I guess it kind of was. But it beat continuing what I was doing and feeling how I was feeling. I just had to do something. That "something" meant moving across the planet.

To be honest, I'm not completely satisfied with my occupation now even though I've been over a decade into it ((though it's not so bad)). BUT I did find the best thing possible as a result of my move. The move eventually led me to my wife.

Clearly, I'm not giving you advice to move abroad. And I'm not saying that you'll find this or that. However, I AM saying that we shouldn't be too scared to take a chance and change the direction of our lives when we're not satisfied with how it currently is.

I wish you the best.

• Like 2

Looks like my less than two year old battery in my car may need replacing....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Angry/angrycursing.gif

What made me sad today?

Almost everything.

HUG!

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear this; I know how difficult it can make literally everything else. I hope you can find your way to a more peaceful place. :hug2:

• Like 2

Looks like my less than two year old battery in my car may need replacing....http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Angry/angrycursing.gif

Hopefully under warranty with such premature failure

• Like 1

Maybe it's time to update your resume :)

Speaking from experience, when I quit my heart-sinking, soul-sucking job it was like a literal weight was lifted from my shoulders. And suddenly I felt so much happier; I was no longer angry with the world. Maybe that's what you need.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I know, I've been there.

When I was in that place over a decade ago, I made a decision that most of my friends and family thought was totally nuts. And I guess it kind of was. But it beat continuing what I was doing and feeling how I was feeling. I just had to do something. That "something" meant moving across the planet.

To be honest, I'm not completely satisfied with my occupation now even though I've been over a decade into it ((though it's not so bad)). BUT I did find the best thing possible as a result of my move. The move eventually led me to my wife.

Clearly, I'm not giving you advice to move abroad. And I'm not saying that you'll find this or that. However, I AM saying that we shouldn't be too scared to take a chance and change the direction of our lives when we're not satisfied with how it currently is.

I wish you the best.

I'm really sorry to hear this; I know how difficult it can make literally everything else. I hope you can find your way to a more peaceful place. :hug2:

Thank you for the kind words, everybody.

I think I have reached that point where I'm ready to change careers, regardless of money. Less stress and a stronger feeling of accomplishment would be a much bigger payoff, to my mind.

• Like 4

Yeah, they gotta 'check' the battery with their equipment, then they'll probably tell me there's no way I get a totally free new battery. O'Reilly's gets NO MORE BUSINESS FROM ME!

• Like 1

Yeah, they gotta 'check' the battery with their equipment, then they'll probably tell me there's no way I get a totally free new battery. O'Reilly's gets NO MORE BUSINESS FROM ME!

It may not be O'Reilly's fault. Maybe it's the fault of the manufacturer.

• Like 1

Wasn't O'Reily's fault, but after dealing with them, I'm not visiting them again....Dealership with these type of deals....

It may not be O'Reilly's fault. Maybe it's the fault of the manufacturer.

Gordie Howe has died and Muhammad Ali is getting buried today. :rose: It's a sad day in sports. :rose:
  • Like 2

Sorry to hear that,

Hang in there buddy. Things will change for the better. :)

Yeah,

There is only one of the stores I will go to. Thankfully it is close to home. The rest have terrible customer service.

• Like 1