What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

My mom had to have her dog put down today. She was sick and they discovered that she had arthritis and a tumor. Instead of putting her through a lot for gaining maybe 6 months, my mom decided that it was time to put her to rest. It was the right thing to do but it still makes me sad. Must be hard for my mom. She has had her dog for 12 years and all of a sudden it got quiet.

11086648985_c2e653ab73_z.jpg

:heart:

Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo. Deepest condolences to you and your mom; losing a beloved pet is so very hard. :hug2:

• Like 2

Condolences, Analog Grownup..... :heart: :rose:

Generally, I don't like to think about stuff that makes me sad..... why live with sorrow unless your FORCED to, ya know? SHTUFF happens, but it's not fun, and I'd rather be HAPPY....

I hear you. Sadly my mind is not wired that way. I tend to worry all the time.

Edit: I forgot to say thanks for your condolences :)

So do I. I learned it from my Mom. She worried about EVERYTHING...I adapt. I've started a long time ago, to AVOID Worrying!!! LOL http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananaParty.gif

The way I see it we're f***ed anyway (now there's a good way to use that word haha) so we can either let it knock us down, or we can say 'to hell with it' and get back up. I'm 32 years of deeply rooted habits, so if I'm not to end up like a miserable bastard sitting in a basement and screaming up at the younger, happier kids, I better start changing my ways :LOL: :codger:

• Like 2

Generally, I don't like to think about stuff that makes me sad..... why live with sorrow unless your FORCED to, ya know? SHTUFF happens, but it's not fun, and I'd rather be HAPPY....

So do I. I learned it from my Mom. She worried about EVERYTHING...I adapt. I've started a long time ago, to AVOID Worrying!!! LOL http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananaParty.gif

Someone much wiser than myself shared with me

"If you really have to worry, do it in your easy chair, it will not last long ;) :yes:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

I understand you, Analog.

• Like 1

The way I see it we're f***ed anyway (now there's a good way to use that word haha) so we can either let it knock us down, or we can say 'to hell with it' and get back up. I'm 32 years of deeply rooted habits, so if I'm not to end up like a miserable bastard sitting in a basement and screaming up at the younger, happier kids, I better start changing my ways :LOL: :codger:

There ya go!!!

• Like 1

A tree guy working at our neighbor's house noticed two trees in our front yard . One died for good over the winter (a mimosa), and one is 2/3 dead (flowering crabapple) so he offered to take them out for us. I'll miss the crabapple- it always managed to bloom on our daughter's birthday, for 20 years . . .

What it looked like before most of it died . . . . . (not actual tree, interwebz photo)

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Unknown-1_23.jpeg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

A tree guy working at our neighbor's house noticed two trees in our front yard . One died for good over the winter (a mimosa), and one is 2/3 dead (flowering crabapple) so he offered to take them out for us. I'll miss the crabapple- it always managed to bloom on our daughter's birthday, for 20 years . . .

What it looked like before most of it died . . . . . (not actual tree, interwebz photo)

Did he offer to do it for free?

Did he offer to do it for free?

I wish! I hope we got a good price. It is a local tree company with their own special saws and wood chipper and insurance. :) The only other estimate we ever got was from a neighbor that mows lawns, with his teenaged daughter. Their price was a little lower but my husband was worried about what seemed like a lack of experience. He said he kept picturing George the neighbor sawing a branch and it conking the daughter on the head!

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Finding out a coworker committed suicide on Sunday, he was a troubled young man who had some issues but I never knew he was so close to the edge. RIP Tom :angel: :rose: :rose:

I'm very sorry :hug2:

Finding out a coworker committed suicide on Sunday, he was a troubled young man who had some issues but I never knew he was so close to the edge. RIP Tom :angel: :rose: :rose:

That's terrible, Crimson. :( Very sorry.

• Like 1

I love crabapple trees! It would be so easy to grow attached to such a beautiful recurrence as blooming on your daughter's birthday...but hopefully now there is opportunity to discover a new beautiful process! :)

• Like 3

Oh my dear friend, I am so sorry to hear this :hug2:

There has been so much unfortunate loss recently and I know that you maintain a healthy perspective...but I am here for you all the same if ever you should need a friend.

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear this. It must have been a shock to you and others at work. My deepest condolences to you all. :hug2:

• Like 1

I am so sad to hear that. :(
  • Like 1

My kindness to the situation. Hopefully he'll find his peace.

As for you, Crimson: :hug2:

I love crabapple trees! It would be so easy to grow attached to such a beautiful recurrence as blooming on your daughter's birthday...but hopefully now there is opportunity to discover a new beautiful process! :)

Back in the 60's,

We would throw rocks at them so they would fall. :codger: :P

• Like 2

Regrets:

- great situations that I couldn't be part of due opposite conditions;

- being too surrounded by people whom I wasn't in affinity with;

- not being enough, as a result, not getting enough;

- ideas that should have been put in practice before;

- staying away from my real goals, due difficult circumstances;

- not leaving a certain place behind;

- accept charges that weren't mine;

- listening to wrong people;

- untaken chances;

- why only now I know what I should have known before?

:(