What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

A new program I've just bought to create CD covers, and they say it's SOOOOOOOO EASY!!! I say, BULLSHIT!!!

I'm with you, ORFie ! My brother in law likes when I burn Grateful Dead concerts for him and my kids/husband like the occasional Neil Young boot. I haven't bought any programs but when there is not a CD cover with a concert it is very hard for me. I have had to make them from scratch and the first few Dead CD covers were pretty ugly! :D :D I've gotten better but I don't enjoy doing it. If you find a good program, please let me know!

I used to have one on my Mac...won't work on my PC laptop though, and I don't remember the name of it....

• Like 1

A new program I've just bought to create CD covers, and they say it's SOOOOOOOO EASY!!! I say, BULLSHIT!!!

I'm with you, ORFie ! My brother in law likes when I burn Grateful Dead concerts for him and my kids/husband like the occasional Neil Young boot. I haven't bought any programs but when there is not a CD cover with a concert it is very hard for me. I have had to make them from scratch and the first few Dead CD covers were pretty ugly! :D :D I've gotten better but I don't enjoy doing it. If you find a good program, please let me know!

I used to have one on my Mac...won't work on my PC laptop though, and I don't remember the name of it....

That's OK- I hope your program gets easier to figure out for you! I do enjoy doing the rest, but those covers. . . .(add text box, make it transparent, add lettering, blah blah blah,) :givebeer: I need to do it more, I guess! Hats off to Tombstone Mountain and x1yyz for making the Yukon Blade Grinder always look so good! :)

• Like 3

I have a professor who's in his 40's and still sees himself as a teenager. Every month he buys a custom autographed skateboard and a lot of other junk he doesn't need when he should be starting a college fund for his kid or renovating his house. He spends all his spare time in his mancave and never leaves his couch. I know this because of his Instagram. I would never want to live with a lazy, immature, financially irresponsible man like that.

I have a professor who's in his 40's and still sees himself as a teenager. Every month he buys a custom autographed skateboard and a lot of other junk he doesn't need when he should be starting a college fund for his kid or renovating his house. He spends all his spare time in his mancave and never leaves his couch. I know this because of his Instagram. I would never want to live with a lazy, immature, financially irresponsible man like that.

Have you seen some of the stuff posted by TRFers? Some blast all kinds of money on Rush this and that, car goods, stereo equipment, computers, musical instruments, man caves, etc. I think most people buy shit they don't need. But I wouldn't think about it too much since you aren't them.

• Like 3

Have you seen some of the stuff posted by TRFers? Some blast all kinds of money on Rush this and that, car goods, stereo equipment, computers, musical instruments, man caves, etc. I think most people buy shit they don't need. But I wouldn't think about it too much since you aren't them.

Everyone has different hobbies and different levels of (financial in this case) commitment with them.

A buddy spends easily over two grand on videogames yearly; I'm much lower. I have a long term guitar hobby, and my only costs (after the sunk of the guitar a decade ago) are biannual strings.

I'd say if your financial commitment to something is something you can maintain, that isn't destroying your life, there's not much wrong with that.

• Like 3

Does his house need renovating? Does he have any children?

Everyone has different hobbies and different levels of (financial in this case) commitment with them.

A buddy spends easily over two grand on videogames yearly; I'm much lower. I have a long term guitar hobby, and my only costs (after the sunk of the guitar a decade ago) are biannual strings.

I'd say if your financial commitment to something is something you can maintain, that isn't destroying your life, there's not much wrong with that.

My last sentence is the only sentence that actually matters in my post.

My last sentence is the only sentence that actually matters in my post.

Mine too.

Bwahaha

• Like 1

What kind of professor shares his personal Instagram with everyone? I'm agreeing that that is immature at best, and pretty irresponsible.

What people post on Instagram/FB/whatever isn't necessarily how they live their life. But what really matters is that is his life. If he is happy (and he is the only one who really knows if he is happy) then that's all that matters.

Does it make your life any better sitting there analyzing his purchases and finances? No, it does not. So stop worrying about your professor and instead go do something that makes you happy.

• Like 3

This was my thinking!

High five!

• Like 2

More gut problems.....

Too much birthday maybe.

Take some Rolaids or Myalanta or whatever it is that works best for you.

I take a Omneprazol every morning......Thanks, L! :ebert: :clap: :)

• Like 1

More gut problems.....

Too much birthday maybe.

We have a lot of stomach trouble too. Never know what's going to set it off sometimes.

• Like 1

More gut problems.....

Too much birthday maybe.

We have a lot of stomach trouble too. Never know what's going to set it off sometimes.

I'm sure it's another med I take called BYDUREON. It's another med you inject like that (Victoza) stuff...there are a few of them out there.....it causes my guts to become irratated if something I ate doesn't agree with it...causes acute pain/pressure, and quick diarrhea, but always after I go to bed. Something my body releases after I go to sleep must activate this occurance.....

My mom had to have her dog put down today. She was sick and they discovered that she had arthritis and a tumor. Instead of putting her through a lot for gaining maybe 6 months, my mom decided that it was time to put her to rest. It was the right thing to do but it still makes me sad. Must be hard for my mom. She has had her dog for 12 years and all of a sudden it got quiet.

11086648985_c2e653ab73_z.jpg

:heart:

:hug2:

I 'm so sorry. It really is hard to lose a devoted pet.

We get so attached to our animals. Cats are one thing, but there's nothing like having a dog. Just this morning on the way to the store I was thinking how a dog still loves his owner no matter how the owner treats him.

• Like 2

My mom had to have her dog put down today. She was sick and they discovered that she had arthritis and a tumor. Instead of putting her through a lot for gaining maybe 6 months, my mom decided that it was time to put her to rest. It was the right thing to do but it still makes me sad. Must be hard for my mom. She has had her dog for 12 years and all of a sudden it got quiet.

I am very sorry. My condolences to your mom and you.

• Like 2

I feel your pain we are very close to having to make that dredded decision with our 13 year old girl dog Paris. Her bad days are starting to exceed her good ones. I am not looking forward to it, but I know she has had a good life as we rescued her from people that had no right having animals...

• Like 4

I'm so sorry to hear this! My condolences :rose:

• Like 2

Condolences, Analog Grownup..... :heart: :rose:

Generally, I don't like to think about stuff that makes me sad..... why live with sorrow unless your FORCED to, ya know? SHTUFF happens, but it's not fun, and I'd rather be HAPPY....

Generally, I don't like to think about stuff that makes me sad..... why live with sorrow unless your FORCED to, ya know? SHTUFF happens, but it's not fun, and I'd rather be HAPPY....

I hear you. Sadly my mind is not wired that way. I tend to worry all the time.

Edit: I forgot to say thanks for your condolences :)

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 1

I hear you. Sadly my mind is not wired that way. I tend to worry all the time.

Edit: I forgot to say thanks for your condolences :)

So do I. I learned it from my Mom. She worried about EVERYTHING...I adapt. I've started a long time ago, to AVOID Worrying!!! LOL http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananaParty.gif

• Like 2