Grace Under Pressure 40th boxed set?

caskof43

1 hour ago, invisible airwave said:

How about some real extra features unlike Signals 40.  This is your chance to redeem yourselves, Universal/Mercury.  Two more after this before the Atlantic era.

Don't bother with Presto, Warner.

I think it's more likely that Steven Wilson turns Under Wraps into a much more popular TULL album than ever before with another killer box set, than getting a good 40th anniversary edition of GUP in 2024 or 2025.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

How about some real extra features unlike Signals 40.  This is your chance to redeem yourselves, Universal/Mercury.  Two more after this before the Atlantic era.

Don't bother with Presto, Warner.

Speak for yourself. There some good songwriting on that album. "Show Don't Tell" is even more accurate these days. "The Pass" is a powerful song especially if suicide has impacted your life. "Presto" is great even if it isn't the typical Peart penned song. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lurkst said:

I think only a full concert release could redeem this one.

It was possibly their shortest set after they became established headliners, so shouldn't be problematic squeezing it onto vinyl. 

I agree, but won't hold my breath.

At best, I see a complete Toronto release. I think a full concert from another date would be even better (and preferably from the first half of the tour).

Again, I will believe it when I see it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, thizzellewashington said:

Need a full show, either audio or video, or I'm not interested. Didn't buy the Signals one because there was no live stuff.

For whatever reason the Signals tour seems to have been like the Caress Of Steel tour when it comes to official live recordings. Utterly bizarre given the scale of it at the time.

Hopefully now we're over that bump in the road there will be more material forthcoming....

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 6:58 PM, 78jazz said:

I agree, but won't hold my breath.

At best, I see a complete Toronto release. I think a full concert from another date would be even better (and preferably from the first half of the tour).

Again, I will believe it when I see it.

Alternate night would be nice but not holding my breath.

10 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

This is when I boarded the bus -- looking forward to something, but if it redoes the Signals disappointment, I will riot.

Is a stand alone CD of the 2015 master too much to ask?  The recording  has already been done. Only the art will be new.

2 hours ago, ytserush said:

Is a stand alone CD of the 2015 master too much to ask?  The recording  has already been done. Only the art will be new.

I wonder what kind of twisted and demented things Mr Syme is going to do with the egg and vice.

This IS the album that got me started in being the RUSHNUT that I'm. It was my first tour, concert and contains my #1 RUSH song RSA. Also the song has a relationship to my #1 RUSH moment in the 50 live shows I've seen since 11/84 Hampton VA.

They better get this right with something new with added new live songs from this epic tour. Just make it special for my sake please. ✌️

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 6:15 AM, Lurkst said:

For whatever reason the Signals tour seems to have been like the Caress Of Steel tour when it comes to official live recordings. Utterly bizarre given the scale of it at the time.

It's a shame because that tour featured their best setlist, hands down. Not a clinker in the bunch.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 2:30 PM, malm_51 said:

Hey, the full show from Toronto would be fantastic!! Maybe remixed a bit?? With a Complete DVD would totally redeem the Signals debacle!

This is a great idea and would make for a great release. 

But nothing will ever redeem the Signals debacle. Except for a reworked package with lots of live material.

Edited by grep
spelling
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, grep said:

But nothing will ever redeem the Signals debacle. Except for a reworked package with lots of live material.

I know it won't fully redeem it, however it would put the 40th releases back on track??