Grace Under Pressure 40th boxed set?

caskof43

11 hours ago, Holdyourfireal said:

Can you imagine hearing a fully produced version of this??? I think it's going to happen!

That would not suck at all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Holdyourfireal said:

In about a month, we should know if GUP is happening based on the Signals announcement.

That’s possible but who knows. I hope so. So far three were announced and released in the spring but the other three were released in the fall and not even announced until Sept/Oct. There’s also at least the possibility of some other 50th anniv product competing for a release window this year that could affect things. But yeah, I’m definitely keeping my eye out now for any news. But even if we don’t hear anything by summer I still don’t think that’s means it’s not coming, multiple people have claimed it’s coming for sure.

• Like 2

I personally really hope (and I know people have said this before) that we get the full GUP concert film. It's a stretch, but I could see that possibly happening. 

If not the film and/or audio, I would guess we would probably get a full concert recording or parts of one, considering the fact that onwards from 1980 I believe, they started recording multiple shows from each tour. However, we didn't get a Signals show, so that might be hinting at the fact that there's not much left in "The Vault". 

Although, if we look farther into the future, I think we'll probably be getting a full Power Windows show, due to the two Power Windows recordings on ASOH, and the band saying throughout the years that they recorded several shows on the Power Windows tour. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheAnarchist2112 said:

I personally really hope (and I know people have said this before) that we get the full GUP concert film. It's a stretch, but I could see that possibly happening. 

If not the film and/or audio, I would guess we would probably get a full concert recording or parts of one, considering the fact that onwards from 1980 I believe, they started recording multiple shows from each tour. However, we didn't get a Signals show, so that might be hinting at the fact that there's not much left in "The Vault". 

Although, if we look farther into the future, I think we'll probably be getting a full Power Windows show, due to the two Power Windows recordings on ASOH, and the band saying throughout the years that they recorded several shows on the Power Windows tour. 

I never had any expectations of a Signals show. Of course there’s no guarantee we would have known about it but there’s never even been a hint that they recorded anything on that tour that’s release quality. 

At least we know for a fact they recorded release quality shows, in many cases multiple shows, going forward for GUP, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Counterparts, TFE, etc. They obviously also have the master film for the Presto tour at Auburn Hills (and maybe the Mountain View show), they filmed Irvine on the RTB tour (and also evidently part or all of Auburn Hills exists). I’m also hopeful that they filmed a full show on the Counterparts tour (not counting the Auburn Hills show) because the brief clip  from that tour in BTLS is NOT from Auburn Hills. I think Signals, like CoS, will sadly just be the only two tours where no high quality audio or video was ever taken.

Edited by snowdog2112
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, snowdog2112 said:

I never had any expectations of a Signals show. Of course there’s no guarantee we would have known about it but there’s never even been a hint that they recorded anything on that tour that’s release quality. 

At least we know for a fact they recorded release quality shows, in many cases multiple shows, going forward for GUP, Power Windows, Hold Your Fire, Counterparts, TFE, etc. They obviously also have the master film for the Presto tour at Auburn Hills (and maybe the Mountain View show), they filmed Irvine on the RTB tour (and also evidently part or all of Auburn Hills exists). I’m also hopeful that they filmed a full show on the Counterparts tour (not counting the Auburn Hills show) because the brief clip  from that tour in BTLS is NOT from Auburn Hills. I think Signals, like CoS, will sadly just be the only two tours where no high quality audio or video was ever taken.

Is there any footage that's been found from the Irvine show? Also in case you didn't know, in the ABC In Concert from 1992, they show clips from a show that seems to have been filmed in Germany during the RTB tour, it doesn't look like the bootleg that's been floating around from the same show, it obviously seems to be professionally recorded, but with only one camera. There's also another video on YouTube that has some professional footage from that show that wasn't in the ABC In Concert video, including parts of "Xanadu", "The Big Money", "Superconductor", and "Closer To The Heart" I believe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheAnarchist2112 said:

Is there any footage that's been found from the Irvine show? Also in case you didn't know, in the ABC In Concert from 1992, they show clips from a show that seems to have been filmed in Germany during the RTB tour, it doesn't look like the bootleg that's been floating around from the same show, it obviously seems to be professionally recorded, but with only one camera. There's also another video on YouTube that has some professional footage from that show that wasn't in the ABC In Concert video, including parts of "Xanadu", "The Big Money", "Superconductor", and "Closer To The Heart" I believe.

No, unfortunately there’s nothing from Irvine to see (Unless…. See below). Oh yeah, I’m aware of the ABC thing, I used to tape that in the early 90s and got that Rush feature along with lots of other neat bits from the Scorpions, Judas Priest, etc. It was only about 4 minutes on ABC but there’s the much longer feature from that same source that I saved on my computer years ago. There’s also the RTB video press kit that some of that came from plus the video shoot BTS, etc.  I’ll need to go back and compare that footage from Germany but there’s also a post-show backstage interview with Alex from that tour from Cologne and I’d guess it’s from the same show. As you said, the apparent single camera view leads me to believe it was just short bits taken to potentially go with that interview.

And considering the previous Auburn Hills tour and the following Auburn Hills tours were both venue filmed and there are various clips from multiple cameras throughout the set from the RTB show available I’d think it’s at least likely that that whole thing exists somewhere. 

Are we sure that the ABC stuff is from Germany? My suspicion is that since we know ABC filmed the 1992 Irvine show, and other shows from other bands from Irvine appeared on In Concert (like the Judas Priest one) I think the most likely thing is that in fact those short bits ARE from 1992 in Irvine.

Wait!! Correction, it was Atlantic Records that filmed Irvine, not ABC. So who knows…

Also, I just checked again and the Rush 1991 video PK says it’s from Auburn Hills, and that’s where the interview footage came from on the ABC feature as well. 

I’ll review the rest in a bit.

Edited by snowdog2112
  • Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 7:40 PM, Holdyourfireal said:

In about a month, we should know if GUP is happening based on the Signals announcement.

Not going to lie. I'm more excited to find out when the new Envy Of None album is being released. I already know what Grace Under Pressure sounds like.

• Like 2

On 2/9/2024 at 4:12 PM, snowdog2112 said:

No, unfortunately there’s nothing from Irvine to see (Unless…. See below). Oh yeah, I’m aware of the ABC thing, I used to tape that in the early 90s and got that Rush feature along with lots of other neat bits from the Scorpions, Judas Priest, etc. It was only about 4 minutes on ABC but there’s the much longer feature from that same source that I saved on my computer years ago. There’s also the RTB video press kit that some of that came from plus the video shoot BTS, etc.  I’ll need to go back and compare that footage from Germany but there’s also a post-show backstage interview with Alex from that tour from Cologne and I’d guess it’s from the same show. As you said, the apparent single camera view leads me to believe it was just short bits taken to potentially go with that interview.

And considering the previous Auburn Hills tour and the following Auburn Hills tours were both venue filmed and there are various clips from multiple cameras throughout the set from the RTB show available I’d think it’s at least likely that that whole thing exists somewhere. 

Are we sure that the ABC stuff is from Germany? My suspicion is that since we know ABC filmed the 1992 Irvine show, and other shows from other bands from Irvine appeared on In Concert (like the Judas Priest one) I think the most likely thing is that in fact those short bits ARE from 1992 in Irvine.

Wait!! Correction, it was Atlantic Records that filmed Irvine, not ABC. So who knows…

Also, I just checked again and the Rush 1991 video PK says it’s from Auburn Hills, and that’s where the interview footage came from on the ABC feature as well. 

I’ll review the rest in a bit.

I've been thinking that possibly the whole Germany show was filmed from that one camera, because the variety of clips from that one show seems to be spread out across that full show. Of course, like you said, it's possible that there it might have been just a little bit of footage filmed by a news crew, but I would think that they might have filmed a big chunk of the show, mostly because they show several long parts of Superconductor, which leads me to believe that there were at least some songs fully filmed. 

Another thing for at least the Presto & RTB Auburn Hills shows is that I think that maybe part of them/all would be released for some kind of 50th Anniversary release, or probably in the future for the Presto and Roll The Bones 40th Anniversary. In several documentaries, the 1991 Auburn Hills footage has appeared, in really good condition. They also appear to have master tape for the Presto tour, due to the 1 hour portion released as a bonus feature for the Time Stand Still documentary, so because they appear to have the full Presto tour, and because the 1991 portions have appeared in documentaries, it's safe to assume that their company does have the full shows for both, but are holding them back for future release. It also seems that they have a full show or PART of one from Toronto on the Counterparts tour, because of the clips from "Nobody's Hero" used in that one award ceremony they had back in the 90's. 

• Like 1

I can't wait for the announcement. I love GUP and a anniversary edition is much needed in my home. I am disappointed with the Signals box with it being a very special Rush album for me, I was hoping for a live show from that tour to be included in that package.

• Like 2

Before we all get excited, I have no info, I just wanted to ask a  couple of questions! :) 

We're getting closer to the 40th Anniversary of the release date of Grace (April 12th). Has anyone heard any info on when we might get an official confirmation of a set coming out?

We're only going by hunches that they should release a set! 

An idea that's come to my mind recently: They're probably well aware of the backlash that was caused with having no live material from the Signals tour on that boxset, so does anyone else think they might release an ep with the hyperthetical Grace set of Signals songs performed from some date on the Signals tour to try and make up for it? 

Probably not, but it's good to dream!! :) :)

Edited by starscreamsrevenge
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, starscreamsrevenge said:

so does anyone else think they might release an ep with the hyperthetecal Grace set of Signals songs performed from some date on the Signals tour to try and make up for it? 

This would most definitely not suck.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pound of Obscure said:

I heard they were going to add a "worst of" compilation CD.

That will have to wait until the 40th Anniversary of Test For Echo

• Haha 3

I was really disappointed with the Signals box set. Did not even get it. The bonus stuff was just the worst...

I rather they release more later live records on vinyl record, like they did with In Rio, Time Machine, Clockwork Angels Tour. Please give us Snakes & Arrows Live, R30, R40 Live and Different Stages on vinyl record. Would complete my Rush collection then.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 4:31 PM, YYZumbi said:

I was really disappointed with the Signals box set. Did not even get it. The bonus stuff was just the worst...

I rather they release more later live records on vinyl record, like they did with In Rio, Time Machine, Clockwork Angels Tour. Please give us Snakes & Arrows Live, R30, R40 Live and Different Stages on vinyl record. Would complete my Rush collection then.

Zumbi!  How you been?

On 3/30/2024 at 5:20 AM, starscreamsrevenge said:

An idea that's come to my mind recently: They're probably well aware of the backlash that was caused with having no live material from the Signals tour on that boxset, so does anyone else think they might release an ep with the hyperthetical Grace set of Signals songs performed from some date on the Signals tour to try and make up for it?

Hyperthetical is the word of the day. It's not just plausible, it's realer than reality itself!

• Haha 1

It's like they know that they f***ed it up with SIG40 and they are afraid to further tarnish the brand. 

Also, it is now impossible to have a collection of 'like' 40th anniversary releases (including live material).... so what's the point of putting out another set, even if it DID have live stuff?  There's still that mound of dog crap next to the hydrant.... even if everything else around it is great. 

Edited by grep
  • Haha 1