What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I was looking for something in my wallet and realized my driver's license was missing ??!!?? It's probably at some stupid Dr's office, I haven't been asked for it anywhere else in years! :lol: :lol:

Still, I felt like I had to look everywhere in the house first. :banghead: What a pain.

Luckily, it doesn't appear that anyone else has it; and Pennsylvania has an easy online thing where they will just mail me a new one in the next week. I'm out $31.50, but it could have been worse.

• Like 1

2 movie theater experiences in a row with the same theater chain in different locations where the projector screwed up. Two weeks ago it was that Macbeth movie with Denzel Washington and now it was Scream at the Claremont and Pasadena Laemmle, respectively. It was right when they revealed who the Ghostface killer was as well. Got another free movie pass but it's not enough. I'm starting to see why this chain has been doing poor even just before COVID. You had one job you f***ing idiots! :banghead: I didn't feel like staying until the projector went back to normal and headed back home on the Metro gold line and Foothill Transit and Omintrans buses back home. I'm gonna see the rest of it on some camera torrent I just downloaded.

This BETTER not happen when I see the black and white special presentations of Nightmare Alley in two weeks. I'm starting to feel like I am to theaters what Bruce Willis was to trains in Unbreakable.

You have the worst luck with movies, lol. Your anecdotes make the bones of a great Indie film.
  • Like 1

I was looking for something in my wallet and realized my driver's license was missing ??!!?? It's probably at some stupid Dr's office, I haven't been asked for it anywhere else in years! :lol: :lol:

Still, I felt like I had to look everywhere in the house first. :banghead: What a pain.

Luckily, it doesn't appear that anyone else has it; and Pennsylvania has an easy online thing where they will just mail me a new one in the next week. I'm out $31.50, but it could have been worse.

Three months ago I lost mine somehow. Looked everywhere,, even retraced my steps around town with no luck. Then I spent four hours in the DMV waiting for my turn to pay the money and get a new photo, silently cursing the process. Sure enough, I found the old one last week stashed behind a photo in my wallet. :lol:
  • Like 2

unfortunately i had to take public transit again recently, and some guy farted in my face as he was getting off the bus.

you might imagine he was just passing by my seat and one slipped out, but nope, he intentionally farted directly in my face. he stopped in his path, bent over, farted right in my face, let out a forced chuckle, and then continued to exit the bus.

it didn't even smell that bad, it was mainly just humiliating and honestly a pretty disrespectful gesture on his part.

Edited by Mr. Not

unfortunately i had to take public transit again recently, and some guy farted in my face as he was getting off the bus.

you might imagine he was just passing by my seat and one slipped out, but nope, he intentionally farted directly in my face. he stopped in his path, bent over, farted right in my face, let out a forced chuckle, and then continued to exit the bus.

it didn't even smell that bad, it was mainly just humiliating and honestly a pretty disrespectful gesture on his part.

Assault lawsuit?

That's fukked up, really nasty

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

This fugly bald mother f***er about to lose more than his job. Just reported this stochastic terrorist on Twitter and is getting ratioed hard even though 3,000 like it which is 3,000 too many. These punks aren't hiding it anymore. It says he loves jazz in his profile. Anyone want to tell him Kenny G didn't invent it?

I've done less worse to get suspended and this coward has been there for 11 years? FU, Jack.

nepE6D9.jpg

Edited by invisible airwave

The new season of MST3K was supposed to start 15 minutes ago on Gizmoplex and, like many, I'm getting techincal difficulty problems. You just have just done completed binging episodes like Netflix instead of live streaming. You had one job.

Edit: Just got the message from Joel Hodgson of the original show that it should be back running in 10 minutes.

Edited by invisible airwave

Stupid transmission went on strike.... on a weekend, of course. :rage:

Shrink-wrapped Afrin bottles. The person who gave final approval for that measure should be locked in a room with 100 unwrapped bottles of Afrin. They can't come out until every bottle is opened. No cheating with implements of any kind (tweezers, knives, etc.). Bare hands only.

• Like 1

What?  Already in a bad mood today and we got a letter saying our chosen electric company can no longer fulfill our contract.  You can shop for electric in Pennsylvania and I do that every August.   The kilowatt hour price they contracted with us is about half what the going rate is now, but I'm not the one who offered it on a 12 month plan last summer.  They did. I want my last 4 months of cheap electric!  :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:  ( I remind myself that we are lucky to live in a house and have electric and I really appreciate it in the large scheme of things. But I also believe most of the time that large corporations are trying to stick it to the individual. :1287:)

It's not my job to figure out world energy markets for them.  I have to call them tomorrow and see if there has been an error.  I hope so.  If not, I guess I have to contact the Public Utility commission in Harrisburg.  It doesn't seem right that you can make any kind of energy contract with your customers and then cancel it when you feel like it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blueschica said:

What?  Already in a bad mood today and we got a letter saying our chosen electric company can no longer fulfill our contract.  You can shop for electric in Pennsylvania and I do that every August.   The kilowatt hour price they contracted with us is about half what the going rate is now, but I'm not the one who offered it on a 12 month plan last summer.  They did. I want my last 4 months of cheap electric!  :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:  ( I remind myself that we are lucky to live in a house and have electric and I really appreciate it in the large scheme of things. But I also believe most of the time that large corporations are trying to stick it to the individual. :1287:)

It's not my job to figure out world energy markets for them.  I have to call them tomorrow and see if there has been an error.  I hope so.  If not, I guess I have to contact the Public Utility commission in Harrisburg.  It doesn't seem right that you can make any kind of energy contract with your customers and then cancel it when you feel like it.

You fight the good fight, sister! I've been keenly aware of what a racket this system is since some time ago when -- during a very mild winter -- the electric utility here went to the Public Service [Rubber Stamp] Commission and whined "we're not making as much money as we thought we would; can we raise the rates?" and they were given permission to do so. They're gonna try to grasp every dime they can, previous agreements notwithstanding.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

You fight the good fight, sister! I've been keenly aware of what a racket this system is since some time ago when -- during a very mild winter -- the electric utility here went to the Public Service [Rubber Stamp] Commission and whined "we're not making as much money as we thought we would; can we raise the rates?" and they were given permission to do so. They're gonna try to grasp every dime they can, previous agreements notwithstanding.

Yes, that answer is kind of my fear.  We'll see what they say tomorrow, but I'm worried it will be some version of that.  I guess I can try to complain first!  :biggrin::biggrin:

• Like 1

That we have so called Justices use references from 16th and 17th Century kooks who ordered women to be executed as witches and says there is no such thing as Marital rape to justify nullifying a law? :banghead: :no:  This is the best they can do?? :facepalm:

WTH???  Am I in an episode of the Outer Limits???  :scared:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Rhyta said:

That we have so called Justices use references from 16th and 17th Century kooks who ordered women to be executed as witches and says there is no such thing as Marital rape to justify nullifying a law? :banghead: :no:  This is the best they can do?? :facepalm:

:yes:

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 3:45 PM, Rhyta said:

I assume you're talking about the leaked opinion in Dobbs?  That's not exactly what's in front of the Supreme Court, or what that decision (if it indeed ends up as the majority opinion) would do.

They wouldn't be nullifying a law in the way I think you mean, because they're being asked whether a Mississippi law is constitutional or not.  The law, generally speaking, prohibits abortions after 15 weeks.  The argument for nullifying that law is that in Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey the Supreme Court decided, again very generally, that the constitution prohibits the people of a state from passing certain laws regulating abortion.  What this decision would recognize (again, that's not even certain) is that abortion is not something that is discussed in the federal constitution.  That would just mean that each state is free to decide how to best address it.  For instance, here in my home state, abortion before 24 weeks can never be prohibited.  Overturning Roe and Casey would not prohibit abortion anywhere.

People are very passionate about this issue on both sides.  What the court would be doing is saying that it is not for 5 of 9 lawyers in black robes to decide.  The people in each state are going to have to find a way to compromise with each other in their own legislatures.  Can someone have an abortion the day before their due date?  1 week before?  1 month before?  It will be up to each state to decide where its citizens are comfortable drawing the line.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rick N. Backer said:

I assume you're talking about the leaked opinion in Dobbs?  That's not exactly what's in front of the Supreme Court, or what that decision (if it indeed ends up as the majority opinion) would do.

They wouldn't be nullifying a law in the way I think you mean, because they're being asked whether a Mississippi law is constitutional or not.  The law, generally speaking, prohibits abortions after 15 weeks.  The argument for nullifying that law is that in Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey the Supreme Court decided, again very generally, that the constitution prohibits the people of a state from passing certain laws regulating abortion.  What this decision would recognize (again, that's not even certain) is that abortion is not something that is discussed in the federal constitution.  That would just mean that each state is free to decide how to best address it.  For instance, here in my home state, abortion before 24 weeks can never be prohibited.  Overturning Roe and Casey would not prohibit abortion anywhere.

People are very passionate about this issue on both sides.  What the court would be doing is saying that it is not for 5 of 9 lawyers in black robes to decide.  The people in each state are going to have to find a way to compromise with each other in their own legislatures.  Can someone have an abortion the day before their due date?  1 week before?  1 month before?  It will be up to each state to decide where its citizens are comfortable drawing the line.

Facts over hysteria?

That's really got to piss people off.

On 5/7/2022 at 3:55 PM, laughedatbytime said:

Facts over hysteria?

That's really got to piss people off.

Like I said, quoting texts about witchcraft doesn't sound like reasonable legal grounds to remove 49 years of precedent.  And as of today one Mitch McConnell has stated he would be willing to push for a FEDERAL ban on abortion if Roe is overturned.  That's a great way to calm hysterical feelings isn't it?

• Like 2

They wouldn't be nullifying a law in the way I think you mean, because they're being asked whether a Mississippi law is constitutional or not. 

If they rule Roe was decided incorrectly (as the draft says in the first paragraph) then that does nullify it and renders it unconstitutional. That was the whole point of Dobbs to see if the Court will gut Roe.

Roe was enacted in at time when 30 states prohibited abortion without exception, 16 states banned abortion except in certain special circumstances (e.g., rape, incest, health threat to mother), 3 states allowed residents to obtain abortions, and New York allowed abortions generally.   So how will going backward be a good thing?  What if a woman lives in a state where they have trigger laws in place to outlaw abortion outright when Roe is thrown out?

I know this topic is close to SOCN material, so I will leave it here.  But if they can unilaterally overrule 49 years of precedent (after vowing they believed it settled law) then what other cases are on the chopping block? 

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Like I said, quoting texts about witchcraft doesn't sound like reasonable legal grounds to remove 49 years of precedent.  And as of today one Mitch McConnell has stated he would be willing to push for a FEDERAL ban on abortion if Roe is overturned.  That's a great way to calm hysterical feelings isn't it?

First, the part you mention didn't determine Alito's opinion, it was provided as background.

Secondly, according to the article I read, and the media is monolithic in its support of legal abortion,  McConnell said it was possible, not that he was pushing for it.

I agree with your later that this is SOCN material and so will eschew further comment here.

Edited by laughedatbytime

6 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

Mitch McConnell has stated he would be willing to push for a FEDERAL ban on abortion if Roe is overturned. 

Sounds like disinformation. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Sounds like disinformation. 

supercalifragilisticexpealidocious!

• Haha 1