What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

A combination of sad and pissed off:

Sad at the news that Larry Bell, founder and president of Bell's Brewery and patriarch of the craft brewing industry in Michigan, is retiring. Larry started in his basement of his home in Kalamazoo with a 15 gallon soup kettle and built that into the business it is today. He leaves after 38 years. Good health to you, dear sir!

Pissed at the news that the Bell's operation will be sold to an Australasian concern that among others, controls Kirin in Japan and New Belgium in the U.S. These transactions usually bring about a change in quality of prdouct. I fervently pray this is not so, as Bell's is a particular favorite of mine, with their Amber Ale, Double Cream Stout, Two Hearted IPA, Rind Over Matter, and other great brews.

Edited by pjbear05

That Rittenhouse judge makes Fleming in And Justice For All look like a saint. F him and the jury and Kyle and white privilege. He gets to roam free while pot smokers are still locked up.

The trial was a farce from the start. A jackass judge who is unfit for office, the jury selection, ..... the verdict was not a surprise.

• Like 2

That Rittenhouse judge makes Fleming in And Justice For All look like a saint. F him and the jury and Kyle and white privilege. He gets to roam free while pot smokers are still locked up.

The trial was a farce from the start. A jackass judge who is unfit for office, the jury selection, ..... the verdict was not a surprise.

I don`t know much about this case, and clearly I don`t know anywhere near enough - I thought he`d travelled to a different state with his weapon to protect stores and found himself near people protesting that he then killed. What have I missed that could lead a jury to acquit?

I don`t know much about this case, and clearly I don`t know anywhere near enough - I thought he`d travelled to a different state with his weapon to protect stores and found himself near people protesting that he then killed. What have I missed that could lead a jury to acquit?

I expected this, it stinks to high heaven. Having him cry in front of the jury probably sealed the deal, poor baby :eyeroll:. NPR summed it up "Supporters saw Rittenhouse as a champion of gun rights who bravely stepped in to protect a community from what they considered lawless riots. Opponents instead saw an irresponsible vigilante who came to Kenosha to play dress-up as a police officer — a "chaos tourist."

The Judge was an idiot, I would think they could challenge the case based on his prejudicial comments throughout the trial. Having the defendant pull the names of the jurors out of a box was ludicrous, that is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. The prosecutors really botched their case so it wasn't a surprise but it still stinks.

I expected this, it stinks to high heaven. Having him cry in front of the jury probably sealed the deal, poor baby :eyeroll:. NPR summed it up "Supporters saw Rittenhouse as a champion of gun rights who bravely stepped in to protect a community from what they considered lawless riots. Opponents instead saw an irresponsible vigilante who came to Kenosha to play dress-up as a police officer — a "chaos tourist."

The Judge was an idiot, I would think they could challenge the case based on his prejudicial comments throughout the trial. Having the defendant pull the names of the jurors out of a box was ludicrous, that is the weirdest thing I have ever seen. The prosecutors really botched their case so it wasn't a surprise but it still stinks.

The prosecution was inept. High profile trials like this one had better have good, veteran prosecutors who know what they’re doing.

• Like 1

The prosecution was inept. High profile trials like this one had better have good, veteran prosecutors who know what they’re doing.

Knowing everything I know now I wish Rittenhouse had stayed home. He probably does too. If the government had fulfilled its basic duty Rittenhouse wouldn’t have been at the scene. He wasn’t there trying to stifle free speech through intimidation with a weapon. He was along with others protecting a community he has ties to because the authorities failed to do so. While there he defended himself, I won’t weep for the roaches he killed.

I laugh each time I hear state lines and remember Kyle was old enough to enter the military’s delayed enlistment program.

• Like 2

The reaction to the Rittenhouse trial.

The video evidence was enough that a trial should never have been brought, but the statements by the State’s witnesses’ made it even more clear. Still we have media and politicians making basic misstatements about both the facts of the case and the law, we have uneducated idiots bad mouthing the Judge, and we have racist ideologues pushing for more unrest.

• Like 6

The video evidence was enough that a trial should never have been brought, but the statements by the State’s witnesses’ made it even more clear. Still we have media and politicians making basic misstatements about both the facts of the case and the law, we have uneducated idiots bad mouthing the Judge, and we have racist ideologues pushing for more unrest.

I happen to have some experience with seeing Judges doing their work and this guy was a joke from the get go. No attempt to be impartial at all and whining about having cameras in the court. Guess he didn't want to have everyone see how he works, not the first time he has been called out for inappropriate actions in his courtroom.

The fix was in from the start, no way was he going to be charged. They used the same jury consultant that helped pick jurors in the OJ trial. Rittenhouse is being called a hero and offered jobs by idiot Representatives who are too stupid to get out of the rain. The sad thing is this just fuels the perception that vigilante actions are ok. Just like shooting someone who is running down the street because you think you have the right to do so. If Rittenhouse had been a person of color and he ran towards those officers with an assault weapon, he wouldn't be here. No wonder our country is in such a mess, hard to believe in justice when it seems to be a privilege for a certain group of people. :finbar:

Edited by Rhyta

I happen to have some experience with seeing Judges doing their work and this guy was a joke from the get go. No attempt to be impartial at all and whining about having cameras in the court. Guess he didn't want to have everyone see how he works, not the first time he has been called out for inappropriate actions in his courtroom.

The fix was in from the start, no way was he going to be charged. They used the same jury consultant that helped pick jurors in the OJ trial. Rittenhouse is being called a hero and offered jobs by idiot Representatives who are too stupid to get out of the rain. The sad thing is this just fuels the perception that vigilante actions are ok. Just like shooting someone who is running down the street because you think you have the right to do so. If Rittenhouse had been a person of color and he ran towards those officers with an assault weapon, he wouldn't be here. No wonder our country is in such a mess, hard to believe in justice when it seems to be a privilege for a certain group of people. :finbar:

I'm stunned at the number of people who claim to really believe that. Never mind that Rittenhouse didn't run towards officers with an assault weapon. He walked calmly, weapon slung on his shoulder with his hands up...ya know really hands up, don't shoot.

• Like 2

That’s certainly a take. Being a lawyer and not crazy, I have a bit of a different one. First off, Schroeder was a democrat appointee…I know that you might not have known that because the media virtually only reports on what party appointed a judge when they don’t like a decision AND s/he was appointed by a republican. Schroeder has a very good reputation (or at least he did before the leftists and the media defamed him as you are doing). Also, Rittenhouse was charged, even though he very clearly should not have been. Schroeder would have been well within his authority to: 1. Dismiss the case after the State rested; 2. Order a mistrial for repeated violations by the prosecutors; 3. Enter a directed verdict as no jury could reasonably find Rittenhouse guilty. He gave a ton of leeway to the prosecution for evidence that should not have been admitted like the AI enhanced video which even the software creator even said should not be used as key evidence. I have not heard any non-leftist lawyer say that Schroeder was biased or that his decisions weren’t reasonable…even the liberal ones were largely in favor of how he handled the trial.

I suspect that you’ve let emotion and media lies and misreporting cloud your judgment into a determination that is supposed to be made impartially upon facts.

• Like 1

Loads and loads of evidence that demonstrate without doubt that Rittenhouse was not the aggressor.

That’s certainly a take. Being a lawyer and not crazy, I have a bit of a different one. First off, Schroeder was a democrat appointee…I know that you might not have known that because the media virtually only reports on what party appointed a judge when they don’t like a decision AND s/he was appointed by a republican. Schroeder has a very good reputation (or at least he did before the leftists and the media defamed him as you are doing). Also, Rittenhouse was charged, even though he very clearly should not have been. Schroeder would have been well within his authority to: 1. Dismiss the case after the State rested; 2. Order a mistrial for repeated violations by the prosecutors; 3. Enter a directed verdict as no jury could reasonably find Rittenhouse guilty. He gave a ton of leeway to the prosecution for evidence that should not have been admitted like the AI enhanced video which even the software creator even said should not be used as key evidence. I have not heard any non-leftist lawyer say that Schroeder was biased or that his decisions weren’t reasonable…even the liberal ones were largely in favor of how he handled the trial.

I suspect that you’ve let emotion and media lies and misreporting cloud your judgment into a determination that is supposed to be made impartially upon facts.

What do YOU know? You act like you're a lawyer or something.
  • Like 1

Loads and loads of evidence that demonstrate without doubt that Rittenhouse was not the aggressor.

It`s not possible to view this case through a European lens, that`s clear. As soon as anyone is walking the streets with a gun, it might as well be Godzilla flying over from Tokyo, such is the complete absence of any frame of reference. Even our riots and protests are feeble :facepalm:

It`s not possible to view this case through a European lens, that`s clear. As soon as anyone is walking the streets with a gun, it might as well be Godzilla flying over from Tokyo, such is the complete absence of any frame of reference. Even our riots and protests are feeble :facepalm:

Agreed. You really have to watch the full trial to get a frame of reference where acquittal makes sense. The facts are that Rittenhouse acted within the law, and those that ultimately physically attacked him and threatened his life did not. Whether one agrees with those laws - namely open carry and self-defense - is immaterial.

Agreed. You really have to watch the full trial to get a frame of reference where acquittal makes sense. The facts are that Rittenhouse acted within the law, and those that ultimately physically attacked him and threatened his life did not. Whether one agrees with those laws - namely open carry and self-defense - is immaterial.

*I`ll add that I`m happy that the open-carry and general second amendment issue is not in our constitution, but on the other hand, a strengthening of the options regarding defence of property would be nice.

*I`ll add that I`m happy that the open-carry and general second amendment issue is not in our constitution, but on the other hand, a strengthening of the options regarding defence of property would be nice.

It very well be that ordering police to stand down during riots isn't such a good idea.
  • Like 2

It very well be that ordering police to stand down during riots isn't such a good idea.

For me this is the clear difference between the Rittenhouse and Hillbilly Arbery case. The authorities in Glynn County, Georgia were still doing the job.

For me this is the clear difference between the Rittenhouse and Hillbilly Arbery case. The authorities in Glynn County, Georgia were still doing the job.

Was Arbery part of a riot when he was killed?

Was Arbery part of a riot when he was killed?

No, so there is that too.