Neil Peart Has Passed Away

southpaw2k5

I haven't been on here in a while, and I didn't even know he was sick. I don't see any thread titles on here referring to it.

Also, I've been getting a lot of bogus "Rush" click bait on my Google homepage, and I thought this might have been some of that, too.

I can't believe it, but it makes all the vague answers from Geddy, over the past several years, make sense.

This sucks. I just lost my favorite Uncle and now my favorite musician is gone. Rest In Peace.

He kept his illness quiet from the fans. He probably just wanted to live it out in peace.

• Like 5

This all gives some context to Neil being radio silent for the last few years. I feel for Geddy, having to answer questions about Neil's status, having to leave it at, "he's not playing drums anymore" a year ago, when he most certainly knew the situation was a lot more dire.

Absolutely.

And how tremendous and tremendously fitting it is that his band mates/brothers kept it private.

Rest eternal, Neil. :rose:

• Like 8

I wish I could find the words to express how much this band has mean't to me since I discovered them in 1976, but then I just feel selfish for even trying. Prayers to his wife and daughter, as well as Geddy and Alex :heart:

Godspeed Neil

Peart.jpg

• Like 17

I haven't been here forever, but I needed to stop by and share my condolences with all of our Rush family, who are shocked by this sad news today.

Rest in peace Neil, thank you for all the music.

I'm in the same boat. Heard the news and immediately thought of this community. My condolences to his family and all of you, some of the best music fans in the world.

• Like 3

Stunned. I don't think it's completely hit me yet.

RIP to the greatest drummer and one of the best lyricists ever.

Not sure I consider him my personal favorite drummer(top two though but maybe tied with Bruford). Best lyricist though.

I can't believe it, I am feeling dazed. Another part of my life is gone, I hope he didn't suffer too much. Bless you Neil for all you gave us. RIP you wonderful genius :rose: :( :Neil:
  • Like 4

Whats really upsetting about all of this....It's horrible for us to hear about this news.....I can't imagine how it must have been for Geddy and Alex right now and for the past almost 4 years. They clearly knew he was sick....And every single time that an interviewer stuck a microphone in their faces, or a fan went up to them on the street and asked them. "What's the likelihood of a reunion?" "Will Rush ever play again?" and they had to simply say that Neil wasn't playing drums anymore....And all the times that they had to put on a happy face when someone brought up Neil and pretend that everything was all hunky dory :( God...I can't imagine what a heavy burden that is..... Edited by fraroc
  • Like 21

Haven't been on here in forever, but I came back to pay my respects. I didn't think a day like this would come so soon but... it has. And it's gut-wrenching.

One of my friends sent me a link to an article about Neil. I honestly thought it was gonna be a prank, I just kinda thought "This link has Neil Peart and obituary in it, this has to be a joke. Just someone with the same name." I still want to believe it is, but I know that what I read was real.

I just feel real numb right now. Rest in peace, Professor. :rose:

• Like 3

I don`t know what to write and on the other side of it , I could write what Rush means to me , which is now 42 years on .

My first band I saw live .

Thank God it was Rush .

cC8hAw8.jpg

• Like 2

Poor guy had the saddest story already and then this tops it all off.

He had heartbreak, he suffered huge losses.....and yet, he enjoyed great joys and triumphs.

He fell in love and had a wonderful daughter not once but TWICE. His life was a roller coaster, and I would argue that his life was certainly better than those of many others, who have experienced no joy at all.

Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

• Like 6

It was Neil that inspired me to pick up the sticks as a teen and begin a lifelong passion for drumming. The opening fill to Digital Man to be precise. It was Neil and Rush that inspired me to approach business and life with integrity and a quest for excellence. It was Neil and Rush that taught me to never rest on your laurels, and bring your best to your work and life everyday. It was Neil and Rush that brought music that became the soundtrack to my life. It was Neil and Rush that caused me to travel near and far to see them play whenever I could.

Thanks for your inspiration and dedication to your family, your craft, your band and your fans Neil Peart. You will be forever missed. ❤️

• Like 6

when I get in my van here in about an hour I'm turning on Rush and I'm not sure when I'll turn it off again .. right now all I want to do is listen to Rush .. for a long long time Edited by Amps211
  • Like 7