Dolores O'Riordan has died

Fordgalaxy

This is shocking news.

I bought many of the Cranberries' albums. Some of their stuff was great, other stuff not so much. Her voice was definitely an acquired taste. She was definitely original!

• Like 5

Their 1999 live perfornace in Paris, "Beneath The Skin", is an excellent concert video. The band and the crowd were really into it.

• Like 1

That's very sad. Death was "very sudden". Per RollingStone:

"No cause of death was revealed. The Irish Times notes that the Cranberries were forced to cancel tour dates in 2017 due to O'Riordan's ill health; the band cited "medical reasons associated with a back problem." O'Riordan had previously been diagnosed as bi-polar."

Edited by HemiBeers

oh damn, this is awful ..

46 ?!?!?!

The Cranberries were a refreshing carry over from a bygone era when musicians were not pandering politically, they simply sang about justice and the sanity of being anti-war ..

RIP Dolores, and thank you

• Like 6

I sometimes loved them and sometimes was indifferent. But the love moments were enough that I own 5 of their albums.

Bury the Hatchet I play frequently, that album is stellar throughout. No Need to Argue would be my second, followed by the debut. In fairness, I have not yet heard Roses. I will make it a point to do so.

My wife can't stand her singing style, but I dug it.

• Like 1