Breaking the Law vs. Ace of Spades?

Breaking the Law vs. Ace of Spades?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Breaking the Law vs. Ace of Spades?

• Judas Priest - Breaking the Law
    • Motorhead - Ace of Spades

Ace Of Spades

Not a fan of Motorhead really, but this is one of my favourite classic rock songs.

Breaking The Law was my first JP song, and almost my last. I like it more now, but it's one of their least interesting songs.

• Like 1

You know I'm born to lose
And gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it, baby
I don't want to live forever

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, zepphead said:

You know I'm born to lose
And gambling's for fools
But that's the way I like it, baby
I don't want to live forever

...AND DON'T FORGET THE JOKER!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Ace Of Spades

Not a fan of Motorhead really, but this is one of my favourite classic rock songs.

Breaking The Law was my first JP song, and almost my last. I like it more now, but it's one of their least interesting songs.

I feel the same about all of Priest's big hits. I never got into them until Halford came back in 2005 because I found all their big hits to be average metal songs any capable band at that time could write. It wasn't until I took a deep dive that I found out how good they really are. Not a fan of Motorhead either. Always thought they sounded like a wall of noise being sung over by a cancer patient on their deathbed. But even here I would vote for them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

I feel the same about all of Priest's big hits. I never got into them until Halford came back in 2005 because I found all their big hits to be average metal songs any capable band at that time could write. It wasn't until I took a deep dive that I found out how good they really are. Not a fan of Motorhead either. Always thought they sounded like a wall of noise being sung over by a cancer patient on their deathbed. But even here I would vote for them.

Yeah I don't dislike Motorhead as much as you, but I feel similar. 

Yeah Priest are odd in that based on their hits I'm amazed they ever stayed relevant lmao. So the deep dive was fun!

21 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Ace of Spades.

of all the Priest tunes.

you pick one i don't like, lol

Mick

My thoughts exactly! 

But to be fair, Ace Of Spades is a really great song. 

Always liked Priest.  But... Motorhead. Been listening to Overnight Sensation a lot lately. 

On 5/2/2023 at 5:05 PM, goose said:

This thread is Hipster clickbait,  amiright, Rick?

:laugh:

Priest by miles.  I like who Lemmy was as a character, but his music did absolutely nothing for me.  The only thing of his I can tolerate is the song he did with Slash on the latter's self-titled solo debut.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Priest by miles.  I like who Lemmy was as a character, but his music did absolutely nothing for me.  The only thing of his I can tolerate is the song he did with Slash on the latter's self-titled solo debut.

I like this one song, but I have to say it's refreshing to know I'm not alone in disliking Motorhead. I thought I'd be in minority here

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I like this one song, but I have to say it's refreshing to know I'm not alone in disliking Motorhead. I thought I'd be in minority here

5 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Priest by miles.  I like who Lemmy was as a character, but his music did absolutely nothing for me.  

Priest for me in this matchup  as well, and it's not close.  

:pirate:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rick N. Backer said:

Lemmy also co-wrote a handful of songs with Ozzy for No More Tears. Thus proving he could actually write listenable songs if he wanted to.

• Haha 1