What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Managed to get pretty dang sick the day of the GRE and signed up for the wrong Praxis, which resulted in losing a lot of money.

However, the essay questions were awesome. smile.gif

The university I want to go to is so stingy with their financial aid. I've been offered full-rides, dorm paid for too, but I turned them down 'cause I really, really want to go to Lincoln. I'll still go next year, it's just so irritating. I got a small scholarship, about 2K a year, and of course I have others, but it's just all so darn expensive.

I absolutely HATE it when someone walks into a study room with a phone or friend and they just talk. This happens every monday.

Same girl walks in to my favourite study room with her bff. They talk....2 minutes later.....5 minutes later....10 minutes.....they're still going. So I kindly remind them that this is a silent study room. They appologize and go right back to talking. I hate these people, especially during mid-term week because there's no room to study anywhere, so I can't leave and they won't shut up.

It's 5:55am and I'm now in my 44th hour of being awake (except the occasional 5 minute snooze). All caused by a cough which is looking likely to be caused by medication for another health problem. Its probably fair for me to assume I've spent more time coughing than anything else.

The thing that makes it worse is knowing that no matter what, I have to be up in 3 hours, not long enough for a 44 hour day.

QUOTE (Janie @ Apr 5 2011, 07:08 AM)
Sir L!? ohmy.gif

Can you take the day off? Can you stop taking this medication that's making you cough? Being up for 44 hours straight cannot be good at all.

Yeah, don't play around with medication that is giving you bad side effects like that. Get to your doctor as soon as possible and get him to change it to another medication.

I went to the doctor today. She is pretty sure it isn't the tablets that are causing the coughing, but she isn't sure what is. If it doesn't die down in a few days then I need to have a chest scan.

Unfortunately, even if it was the tablets I am on, its not possible for me to stop taking them straight away, you have to complete the cycle (7 days).

I got seven hours of heavily interrupted sleep earlier on though, so its not all bad news.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 5 2011, 10:34 PM)
wasting 15 minutes of my life reading through the "not supporting Rush financially anymore" thread.

Now you're pissing me off.

Mother Nature sent me my gift the same week I'm battling a cold. And the whole flowers-blooming-spring-coming (aka ALLERGIES) isn't helping.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 5 2011, 07:03 PM)
Mother Nature sent me my gift the same week I'm battling a cold. And the whole flowers-blooming-spring-coming (aka ALLERGIES) isn't helping.

Isn't the female body an evil thing at times? My "gift" arrived in the mail two days after my hip surgery, AND showed up three weeks early. I needed that like a case of the plague.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Apr 5 2011, 11:00 PM)
Older kid is still sick, major diarrhea.

Wow I can spell "diarrhea" now.

Fingers crossed for no more puking in bed. . .

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Apr 6 2011, 11:46 AM)
Can't just one thing go a teensy bit positive today?

And it continues to get better. eh.gif

Stupid $#@%(&* artificial hip.

Okay, so I was told before surgery that the new parts I was getting are 100 million skazillion times better than what was in there originally - much tougher and would last longer. They made it out to sound like I would be Bionic Woman.

Had my first post-op check today, and was told "No rowing, or you'll wear it out too quickly."

I took up rowing ten years ago after I got the damn artificial hip, because I was not permitted to run anymore. And now I can't row? Am I going to be stuck in the motherf*cking gym for the rest of my goddamn life? I HATE the gym!

The PA (dr. was on vacation) is nice enough, but he kept suggesting things like walking (too slow), swimming (did that for 15 years competitively and there is NOTHING more boring than staring at the bottom of a pool for hours on end), golf (are you f*cking kidding me? That's not a workout), and other Boring Slow Old Fart Activities. If you haven't guessed, I need some degree of speed. Oh, and I hate most team sports, except, of course, for rowing). I KNOW he was trying to be helpful, but the guy also looks like an imminent heart attack himself, so it's kind of pointless expecting him to be able to relate.

Now we make the decision of "quality of life vs. # of years on the hip". Shit.