What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Mar 7 2011, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 7 2011, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (Lamelight @ Mar 7 2011, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Mar 7 2011, 09:35 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 6 2011, 02:20 AM)
My cat has been gone for several hours. This is quite unlike him... sad.gif

Oh, and CM, I know what you mean about bad refs. They were shite in ASU's game tonight, even though we won; the women's game that happened before it could have had a different outcome if the refs hadn't missed a foul call in the last few seconds.

Has your cat come back yet? hug2.gif

Hope he has! sad.gif

He hasn't, and probably won't considering his age. I can find solace in the fact that he feels better now than he's been feeling. I just wish I could have said a proper goodbye... rose.gif

hug2.gif oh, it's so hard to lose a pet!

I'm sorry about that.... rose.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 8 2011, 07:55 AM)
QUOTE (Oracle @ Mar 8 2011, 12:13 AM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 7 2011, 05:57 PM)
Religious ignorance.
'Nough said.

Oh tell me about it. Dealing with it every day gets to be a pain in the ass. Embrace religion if you want, but don't shove it down MY throat while you're at it.

I had a migraine all day today. It's been on and off since about lunch time, so I don't know if I'll sleep tonight.

Heh, for me, it's not even that.

It's the fact that people will judge others' religions without knowing anything about them. Like how people think that "Jihad" means "holy war". No; no it doesn't. It actually refers to the inner battle of evil and righteousness. |:

It's things like ignorance that led to the Spanish Inquisition (and the expulsion or death of millions of Muslim and Jews) and the Holocaust. Personally, I think all high schoolers should be required to take a World Religions course just for the fact that it's such a huge part of culture. If you want to understand the world, you have to at least understand the belief system. (IMO.)

We have to more than just tolerate each other -- we have to COEXIST in peace and understanding! (:

But there's my rant. Bleh. I'm such a hopeless optimist.

Mention the words 'Islam' or 'muslim' around here and you'll get verbally beaten to a pulp. It's a shame really to see all this paranoia centered around one group of people. And it really just sickens me; but it doesn't surprise me either. With the past four years seeing a large resurgence of nationalism and "American pride" or what have you, it was only a matter of time before the ignorance levels increased.

Coexistence with others is always going to be a problem. There are two families in my neighborhood who are Islamic. It doesn't bother me any because they're nice people who always smile and wave when you pass them. Everyone else, however, is Christian and mostly conservative. I salute these two Islamic families for having the courage and withstanding all the hatred some of their neighbors show them (although most are accepting of them).

I think being hopeless is part of being an optimist. You can't go through life always holding on to hope for something and never see it happen. Such is life as an optimist.

Migraine is gone, but now I'm sore all over my body. I don't know what I did, but damn I'm paying for it now.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 8 2011, 04:19 PM)
I had just finished cleaning the kitchen and was picking up the living room when I hear a ton of commotion coming from the pantry.

And... I find Connor...

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/Picture2470.jpg

He had rooted around in the Girl Scout cookie box to find the cookies he wanted. Opened a brand new box AND did the same with the box of crackers. That box wasn't open!

The kid loves to eat. I have one kid who would rather play than eat and another who would rather eat than play.

There's only an 8 lb difference between my almost five-year-old child and my 1 1/2 year old. ohmy.gif

which girl scout cookies are worth goin commando for and getting busted over lol

personally? those peanut butter sandwich ones (do si do's) rock!

QUOTE (Oracle @ Mar 8 2011, 03:05 PM)
Mention the words 'Islam' or 'muslim' around here and you'll get verbally beaten to a pulp. It's a shame really to see all this paranoia centered around one group of people. And it really just sickens me; but it doesn't surprise me either. With the past four years seeing a large resurgence of nationalism and "American pride" or what have you, it was only a matter of time before the ignorance levels increased.

Coexistence with others is always going to be a problem. There are two families in my neighborhood who are Islamic. It doesn't bother me any because they're nice people who always smile and wave when you pass them. Everyone else, however, is Christian and mostly conservative. I salute these two Islamic families for having the courage and withstanding all the hatred some of their neighbors show them (although most are accepting of them).

I think being hopeless is part of being an optimist. You can't go through life always holding on to hope for something and never see it happen. Such is life as an optimist.

Migraine is gone, but now I'm sore all over my body. I don't know what I did, but damn I'm paying for it now.

I think the whole superiority complex is dangerous. What's sad is that if some of those "Christians" actually took the time to learn something about Islam, they'd realize, "Hey, we worship the same higher power and have basically the same moral ideals."

Luckily I go to a pretty unorthodox church (the pastors are constantly stressing the value of coexistence and "agree to disagree" in tough times.. kind of nice coming from a church like that) so there's not much hate at all. Still saddens me when I hear someone rag on another's beliefs.

To try and stay on topic... I was upset - mainly with myself - with how my AP Spanish midterm went. My brain decided to shut off and take a nap for forty-two minutes while I stared at my test and tried to remember 200 separate translations.

Hopefully I didn't do too badly... Stupid brain!

I've had a fine day today, but I hate how disrespectful some students are towards teachers, janitors, and "weirdos."

I saw a guy shove a janitor aside, knocking him over and causing him to almost fall.

Then a girl says f*** you to an English teacher because the teacher wouldn't let her go to the restroom.

And some jocks (some of which are actually my friends wacko.gif) were picking on an "emo" kid, and then a preppy girl comes up the jocks and says to leave the emo alone. I like that the preppy girl tried defending the "emo" but i think it would feel awkward to be defended by someone right there I think...I mean at least in this case. It's almost like they're talking about you when you're not there. The preppy girl said, "ay, just leave the poor girl alone" right in front of her face...i don't know, I think i'd prefer not to be helped if the person helping me feels pity.

Second person this week that spilled a drink in their laptop. First one was comtained in the keyboard tray, but the second one went everywhere inside and it shut down immediately.

Everything.

Except for my husband, so of course I was a bitch and took out my frustrations on him. (Yes, I have since apologized).

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Mar 9 2011, 12:07 PM)
Second person this week that spilled a drink in their laptop.  First one was comtained in the keyboard tray, but the second one went everywhere inside and it shut down immediately.

At least they're keeping you busy. Job security! laugh.gif

Is it me? or is everybody whining a little too much today???

STOP!!!

serenity now.. unsure.gif

not working no.gif

QUOTE (librarian @ Mar 9 2011, 05:58 PM)
Is it me? or is everybody whining a little too much today???

STOP!!!

serenity now.. unsure.gif

not working no.gif

izzit lentivus? the buildup to festivus? you had to have gotten your punch on the shoulder to signify your devoutness

rofl3.gif

This isn't so much for me but it made me mad anyways, since I love my family and all that..

The "wonderful people" working down at wonderful Medicaid were being wonderfully rude to my mom today as she tried to help my grandma (her mom-in-law) acquire Medicaid.. Since my grandfather had a stroke last September and they've been battling the system since.

My mom borrowed a freaking fax machine (thanks to a very kind minister from our church) just so she could fax the stupid forms to them and save time. They're being so difficult! Augh!

(I swear, I am never going into politics when I get older. Or the health business.)

Sounds like work's been hell for everyone today...between customers pulling underhanded crap and me and another guy not catching it, I almost got fired.

Tomorrow's gonna be a good day...tomorrow's gonna be a good day...

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Mar 8 2011, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Mar 7 2011, 11:59 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 7 2011, 09:37 PM)
QUOTE (Lamelight @ Mar 7 2011, 04:09 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Mar 7 2011, 09:35 AM)
QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 6 2011, 02:20 AM)
My cat has been gone for several hours. This is quite unlike him... sad.gif

Oh, and CM, I know what you mean about bad refs. They were shite in ASU's game tonight, even though we won; the women's game that happened before it could have had a different outcome if the refs hadn't missed a foul call in the last few seconds.

Has your cat come back yet? hug2.gif

Hope he has! sad.gif

He hasn't, and probably won't considering his age. I can find solace in the fact that he feels better now than he's been feeling. I just wish I could have said a proper goodbye... rose.gif

hug2.gif oh, it's so hard to lose a pet!

I'm sorry about that.... rose.gif

So sorry to hear that hug2.gif

Me...I piss myself off sometimes.

I hate my inner social ineptitude and the amount of effort I have to expend to appear "normal" to others.

I hate having to filter what I say in case I get weird looks or upset people.

I would just like to be ME for once, even though I know it's really not an option.

Ok...self-indulgent rant over...thanks for listening.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Mar 10 2011, 11:03 PM)
Me...I piss myself off sometimes.

I hate my inner social ineptitude and the amount of effort I have to expend to appear "normal" to others.

I hate having to filter what I say in case I get weird looks or upset people.

I would just like to be ME for once, even though I know it's really not an option.

Ok...self-indulgent rant over...thanks for listening.

You're welcome smile.gif

That could almost be me speaking, except I've given up talking to anybody - apart from the sane ramblings I make on Rush message boards from the ur-real me...

Ugh. So, I was one of the 15 band students that volunteered to ride on the Pom Squad/Cheerleader bus on the way down to Boys' State B-Ball. Didn't think it would be that bad.

Boy, was I wrong.

First, they were like freaking out about us getting on their bus -- saying there wouldn't be enough room, that we should all get off, that we weren't welcome, et cetera -- and there were like five empty seats in the end! And when we finally got moving they were still being loud and obnoxious. And singing really off-key random songs.

It wasn't all of them, most of the girls I know on Cheer and Pom are perfectly nice, but it was enough that it bugged me. We're all supporting the same team; the same school. Why can't they just welcome us?

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 11 2011, 09:28 AM)
Ugh. So, I was one of the 15 band students that volunteered to ride on the Pom Squad/Cheerleader bus on the way down to Boys' State B-Ball. Didn't think it would be that bad.
Boy, was I wrong.
First, they were like freaking out about us getting on their bus -- saying there wouldn't be enough room, that we should all get off, that we weren't welcome, et cetera -- and there were like five empty seats in the end! And when we finally got moving they were still being loud and obnoxious. And singing really off-key random songs.
It wasn't all of them, most of the girls I know on Cheer and Pom are perfectly nice, but it was enough that it bugged me. We're all supporting the same team; the same school. Why can't they just welcome us?

Because they're elitist scum

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Mar 10 2011, 06:38 PM)
Got a new pen at the college bookstore and it has trouble releasing ink on my 20 minute quiz today.

Oh they sell trick pens at college bookstores for that reason specifically...