What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 6 2011, 12:30 PM)
Stupid $#@%(&* artificial hip.

Okay, so I was told before surgery that the new parts I was getting are 100 million skazillion times better than what was in there originally - much tougher and would last longer. They made it out to sound like I would be Bionic Woman.

Had my first post-op check today, and was told "No rowing, or you'll wear it out too quickly."

I took up rowing ten years ago after I got the damn artificial hip, because I was not permitted to run anymore. And now I can't row? Am I going to be stuck in the motherf*cking gym for the rest of my goddamn life? I HATE the gym!

The PA (dr. was on vacation) is nice enough, but he kept suggesting things like walking (too slow), swimming (did that for 15 years competitively and there is NOTHING more boring than staring at the bottom of a pool for hours on end), golf (are you f*cking kidding me? That's not a workout), and other Boring Slow Old Fart Activities. If you haven't guessed, I need some degree of speed. Oh, and I hate most team sports, except, of course, for rowing). I KNOW he was trying to be helpful, but the guy also looks like an imminent heart attack himself, so it's kind of pointless expecting him to be able to relate.

Now we make the decision of "quality of life vs. # of years on the hip". Shit.

I would suggest getting a second opinion from a physiotherapist as well as personal trainer who specializes in conditioning athletes. They know how to work with recent joint replacements and will prolly help you get back your mobility. This guy sounds like a bit of a quack...

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Apr 6 2011, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 6 2011, 12:30 PM)
Stupid $#@%(&* artificial hip.

Okay, so I was told before surgery that the new parts I was getting are 100 million skazillion times better than what was in there originally - much tougher and would last longer.  They made it out to sound like I would be Bionic Woman.

Had my first post-op check today, and was told "No rowing, or you'll wear it out too quickly." 

I took up rowing ten years ago after I got the damn artificial hip, because I was not permitted to run anymore.  And now I can't row?  Am I going to be stuck in the motherf*cking gym for the rest of my goddamn life?  I HATE the gym!

The PA (dr. was on vacation) is nice enough, but he kept suggesting things like walking (too slow), swimming (did that for 15 years competitively and there is NOTHING more boring than staring at the bottom of a pool for hours on end), golf (are you f*cking kidding me?  That's not a workout), and other Boring Slow Old Fart Activities.  If you haven't guessed, I need some degree of speed.  Oh, and I hate most team sports, except, of course, for rowing).  I KNOW he was trying to be helpful, but the guy also looks like an imminent heart attack himself, so it's kind of pointless expecting him to be able to relate. 

Now we make the decision of "quality of life vs. # of years on the hip".  Shit.

I would suggest getting a second opinion from a physiotherapist as well as personal trainer who specializes in conditioning athletes. They know how to work with recent joint replacements and will prolly help you get back your mobility. This guy sounds like a bit of a quack...

Don't know if you have Physician's Assistants in Canada, but they are practically doctors. They have to take the same med school entrance exams and the coursework is just about the same, but the PA's don't go through all the internships and residencies, and the boards are different. They work alongside doctors and just about the only thing they do not do is perform surgery, although they assist.

Most of the time I prefer to see the PA, because they spend more time with the patient. A lot of this is me not wanting to hear what I am being told.

The physics of the plastics is what it is. Plastic does not last forever when there is friction involved. This is excellent plastic, but it will wear. Apparently it will wear a lot faster than I thought it would. I honestly did not think this was really a concern any longer.

I will go back and see the MD in two months and will rephrase the question then. Some doctors are more conservative, but I trust Dr. E. He's one of the top hip guys in the country.

But it may be a question of making some decisions - sacrifice 5-10 years on the new stuff for a little more mental peace? I freely admit that's what I did the first time; I might have gotten another 5 years from the original, but I beat the shit out of it from Day 1. Do I regret it? Not a bit. Ten years was still pretty damn good.

I went to make some changes to my sig using the layered file I had today. The only problem is that the folder with all the files doesn't exist anymore. I guess this is the final version of my sig.

/ragequit

Edited by Mara

Nagged left, nagged right, bitched in front, bitched in back. I can not catch a break from anyone. So I do everything wrong apparently and it pisses people off. Well good, then f**k their shit.

They changed the radio station that they pipe into work from a decent classic rock station with really good variety to a top 10 station. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 8 2011, 09:45 AM)
They changed the radio station that they pipe into work from a decent classic rock station with really good variety to a top 10 station. 062802puke_prv.gif

Top 10? laugh.gif

Let me guess: "Carry on my wayward son" by Kansas is one of those tunes.

I'm pissed off about my work situation. I don't have work.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 8 2011, 09:45 AM)

Top 10? A ten-song rotation, changing only when the Billboard charts do? Yuck. I shudder at the thought of listening to the same ten tripey pop songs cycle over and over. Sounds like my idea of Hell.

People disrespecting great teachers. |:

I don't care if you think she's mean, or whatever, is it not completely obvious when someone's stressed out because of her students?! Good lord! Are empathy and respect and -- heck, at least a little compassion too much to ask for these days? Especially for someone who does as much for her students and gets nothing but crap back by a lot of them as this teacher of mine does?

It's such a shame when kids can't recognize a fantastic teacher when she's standing right in front of them..

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 8 2011, 11:03 PM)
I don't care if you think she's mean, or whatever, is it not completely obvious when someone's stressed out because of her students?! Good lord! Are empathy and respect and -- heck, at least a little compassion too much to ask for these days? Especially for someone who does as much for her students and gets nothing but crap back by a lot of them as this teacher of mine does?
It's such a shame when kids can't recognize a fantastic teacher when she's standing right in front of them..

I almost got in a fight a week ago because some kid pushed an old teacher to the ground and there was nobody to help around. I told the guy to show some respect and apologize, but I guess i didn't realize how scary this guy was. When he turned around, he had all these tattoos and scars and stuff, and he was like a foot taller than me scared.gif

Luckily, a security guard came soon enough and he got arrested, after fighting the secutrity guard eh.gif

What the heck is it with disrespect these days?

I haven't been in a fight since football, and that's quite a while back.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 8 2011, 11:07 PM)

I almost got in a fight a week ago because some kid pushed an old teacher to the ground and there was nobody to help around. I told the guy to show some respect and apologize, but I guess i didn't realize how scary this guy was. When he turned around, he had all these tattoos and scars and stuff, and he was like a foot taller than me scared.gif

Luckily, a security guard came soon enough and he got arrested, after fighting the secutrity guard eh.gif

Geezus. If a kid pushed a teacher here there would be a million people all over him. I think the offense is immediate expulsion or at least reassignment for assault of a staff member. But we have security guards on every floor every passing period, and teachers in the halls..

I've seen fights, but I've found that not making enemies = No fights. Never even been threatened, save for the occasional swear word thrown my way as I push my way through the halls.. but hey, I gotta get to class!

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 8 2011, 11:16 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Apr 8 2011, 11:07 PM)

Geezus. If a kid pushed a teacher here there would be a million people all over him. I think the offense is immediate expulsion or at least reassignment for assault of a staff member. But we have security guards on every floor every passing period, and teachers in the halls..

I've seen fights, but I've found that not making enemies = No fights. Never even been threatened, save for the occasional swear word thrown my way as I push my way through the halls.. but hey, I gotta get to class!

I've never gotten into a fight with anyone really. Football was just because it was football and I never started it laugh.gif

I've never really had enemies, although I generally hate people anyway tongue.gif

But I get along with (forgive me please, for stereotyping): stoners, jocks, cheerleaders, preps, band geeks, dungeons and dragons nerds, the intellectual bunch, emos....whatever.

I think I've been in just about every category, and can't say I found one I fit in. But because of this, I haven't made enemies. I just haven't really made friends either but whatever.

Right now, what's pissing me off is academic dishonesty, disrespect for teachers, and the dreaded school system.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Apr 8 2011, 11:25 PM)
I've never gotten into a fight with anyone really. Football was just because it was football and I never started it laugh.gif

I've never really had enemies, although I generally hate people anyway tongue.gif
But I get along with (forgive me please, for stereotyping): stoners, jocks, cheerleaders, preps, band geeks, dungeons and dragons nerds, the intellectual bunch, emos....whatever.

I think I've been in just about every category, and can't say I found one I fit in. But because of this, I haven't made enemies. I just haven't really made friends either but whatever.

Right now, what's pissing me off is academic dishonesty, disrespect for teachers, and the dreaded school system.

I get along with everyone pretty much, too. I usually joke about myself being either a nerd or a band geek (I waltz around in Star Trek and Rush shirts and all my saxophone swag, what do you expect? laugh.gif) but no one gives me trouble because I'm not stereotypically anti-social. It's kind of nice. I can be myself without having to worry about my rep', 'cause I don't have one!

I don't really have a lot of tight-knit friends; more like lots of acquaintances and then a few besties.

And pretty much ditto on that last sentence. I go to a good school with a 152-year-old reputation of being a fine college preparatory institution, but things have changed since its beginning.. And not for the better in some cases. My AP teachers have been great, but some others not so much. It's very, very frustrating. And don't believe it when people tell you Senior year is easier and all fun and games. Senioritis makes it so much worse. But my only hope is that college will be at least a little better..!

Driving my drunk stepdad around. I thought, well, at least I can choose the music. I played LVS, he got bored immediately (said it was the same thing over and over) and changed it to an eighties station, and then sang along to Madonna eyesre4.gif

While I was feeding my 3 month old daughter, she spit up all over me. I took her up to her room and put her in clean clothes and I changed my tee shirt. Then I finished feeding her the rest of her bottle. I figured I'd give her a little more to replace what she threw up...which caused her to spit up even more violently all over herself and me. So, I had to change her clothes again as well as mine. angry.gif

I should have just left her alone. laugh.gif

I'm not really mad at anyone but myself for this, but...

So yesterday this guy who sits across from me at lunch (an acquaintance, I wouldn't even go so far as to call him a "friend") asked me to go to prom with him. Now, understand a couple things: He's, one, a sophomore, two, not really the kind of person I'd want to spend an entire evening with, and three, I've only known him since the beginning of the school year. So what did I do?

I turned him down and told him I was going to prom with friends. Which I am.

The problem is I still feel bad and I'm beating myself up over this. It's been nagging at me. He looked hurt when I turned him down. I tried to explain to him that it was my Senior Prom and that I didn't feel we knew each other very well, but.. Gah! So so very frustrating. I feel like a horrible person for thinking of my own happiness before his. I know I probably shouldn't, and yet..

I don't even get myself. I know he likes me. I don't like him back. I've tried to make that clear. And now things are quite awkward between us.

Ahh!! High school drama!! :C

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Apr 12 2011, 07:41 PM)
So yesterday this guy who sits across from me at lunch (an acquaintance, I wouldn't even go so far as to call him a "friend") asked me to go to prom with him. Now, understand a couple things: He's, one, a sophomore, two, not really the kind of person I'd want to spend an entire evening with, and three, I've only known him since the beginning of the school year. So what did I do?

The problem is I still feel bad and I'm beating myself up over this. It's been nagging at me. He looked hurt when I turned him down. I tried to explain to him that it was my Senior Prom and that I didn't feel we knew each other very well, but.. Gah! So so very frustrating. I feel like a horrible person for thinking of my own happiness before his. I know I probably shouldn't, and yet..
I don't even get myself. I know he likes me. I don't like him back. I've tried to make that clear. And now things are quite awkward between us.

From a guy's perspective, I think you did the right thing. I wouldn't want a girl going to prom with me just because she felt bad for me or whatnot. I'd rather have her just come out and say that she couldn't picture us together. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Apr 12 2011, 07:05 PM)

From a guy's perspective, I think you did the right thing. I wouldn't want a girl going to prom with me just because she felt bad for me or whatnot. I'd rather have her just come out and say that she couldn't picture us together. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

That was my reasoning. That's always my reasoning if I have to turn a guy down (which, thankfully, I've only had to do a few times). Besides, neither of us would be happy (in my eyes) and it would be like a big fat lie. Which would result in an even bigger guilt-trip.

So, thanks. I still feel bad, but I tend to trust a guy's opinion and you seem pretty reliable. (:

High school drama is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Fortunately, my school is too small for such drama to affect me... and if it did, my apathy would block it biggrin.gif

Physics professor walks in today and says:

"As you all know, you have a test next class. As you also know, the average for the last test was 83%. Well, that average is too high. Trust me, this next test won't be so easy to get that average."