What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ Apr 21 2011, 06:35 PM)
Fecking brain-dead cretins with shooters and bad quotes.

It's not nice to talk that way about your daddy. He loves you, y'know. If he didn't, he wouldn't have introduced you to the wonders of METAL! 1022.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 22 2011, 03:24 AM)
QUOTE (men_who_hold_high_places @ Apr 18 2011, 08:50 PM)
I just realized my username doesn't make any sense as I am only one person. Great.

it's a Rush forum. We get it.

I think he means that he's only one man, not 'men'. wink.gif

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 22 2011, 08:18 PM)
I know, but I also thought he was just quoting the song.

Well, at first, yeah. But then he probably realised that it kinda looked like he was describing himself as 'men' tongue.gif

Edited by Jaye

- I have a headache.

- One of the meeces (yes, the Muad'dibs' dam) is expanding sideways VERY quickly. None of the other two adult female mice seem to do so. One is 2+ years old, but the other only is 3 months old.

- Suspicious mouse has been confirmed to be male. Which does not discount the possibility that the doe who gave birth got pregnant at the store.

A young man of 25 who was a talented guitarist, funny, a Rush fan, and the son of a friend, died of a drug overdose.

He used to play Closer to the Heart on his guitar after church, among other stuff, and now he's gone.

Hence my rant in Dear Blank.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Apr 25 2011, 09:01 PM)
A young man of 25 who was a talented guitarist, funny, a Rush fan, and the son of a friend, died of a drug overdose.
He used to play Closer to the Heart on his guitar after church, among other stuff, and now he's gone.

Hence my rant in Dear Blank.

sad.gif

HOLY F**K!!!

Apparently I am the bosses bitch. I have to track down who and why someone in his family ordered anti-virus software just because he uses the same credit card at home and work.

Seriously? WTF?

Storms.

First round this morning before daybreak with 50 mph winds and hail.

Sent the kids to school anyway...now, they're closing early.

Second round coming in a few hours - they are predicting horrible storms and multiple tornados. If our power goes out, all hell will break loose. <sigh>

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 27 2011, 11:44 AM)
Storms.

Second round coming in a few hours - they are predicting horrible storms and multiple tornados. If our power goes out, all hell will break loose. <sigh>

My family was lucky when the tornados came through Raleigh.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Apr 27 2011, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 27 2011, 11:44 AM)
Storms.

Second round coming in a few hours - they are predicting horrible storms and multiple tornados.  If our power goes out, all hell will break loose.  <sigh>

My family was lucky when the tornados came through Raleigh.

I'm glad to hear that.

What's pissing me off NOW is that most schools in the area are closed. But the university where I work? Nah. One cheesy email about how they're "watching" things - that's great for people who live 3 minutes away (like the administration higher-ups) but what about people like me who have to travel 20+ miles on open interstates (that are under construction)...just where you want to get caught when tornados are coming.

I'm so tired today, after staying up past midnight watching the Blackhawks lose in overtime, that I backed over my recycling bin this morning. To make matters worse, it was raining, so I had to stand out in the rain and pick up all of the tuna cans and pop bottles that got knocked into the street. angry.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 27 2011, 01:11 PM)
I'm so tired today, after staying up past midnight watching the Blackhawks lose in overtime, that I backed over my recycling bin this morning. To make matters worse, it was raining, so I had to stand out in the rain and pick up all of the tuna cans and pop bottles that got knocked into the street. angry.gif

Nice - it's raining here too, and today is recycling for us. Luckily, I didn't hit mine.

Ah, it's such a good thing. Florida. We don't get any of those "tornadoes". What are these tornadoes that you speak of?

Oh wait, I stand corrected, an F-0 hit Barefoot Bay, near Cocoa Beach, and decimated the place.

sad.gif

Yesterday and today have just been bad. I wrote it all out and I actually feel better. I don't need to divulge into it though.

My heart goes out to everyone in Alabama.

My heart goes out to all the tornado victims. sad.gif

I live in the heart of Tornado Alley, like literally, but nearly every building and house is equipped with a really secure basement. Comes with the territory. Most people seem to get out of tornadoes all right, but down South? It's got to be like a hurricane or earthquake striking Nebraska: not nearly prepared enough.

But what upset me specifically, today?

Haters. All over the internet.

Why must we stoop to personal attacks on others? Why? Why?