What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Ugh, I screwed up my college grade and lost twenty points comp26.gif

I've lost 29 total and we need nine-hundred to a thousand to get an A. The way this is going, I'm gonna end up with a B and there goes my free ride to college. sad.gif

It wasn't even my fault, something happened to my account and I couldn't access the class and I didn't have directions on what to do sad.gif

I actually do my work and I know tons of people that cheat and get higher grades than I do angry.gif

If my room mate tells me one more time that she " was going to do that"

chore when she got home, I am going to scream.

dazed025.gif No you weren't! You left it sit until I couldn't stand it any more!

And I can't kick her out, she's my sister.

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Mar 17 2011, 11:17 PM)
If my room mate tells me one more time that she " was going to do that"
chore when she got home, I am going to scream.
dazed025.gif No you weren't! You left it sit until I couldn't stand it any more!

And I can't kick her out, she's my sister.

Just an FYI, if you ever marry you WILL repeat the same scenario with husband. Men also have this neato passive-aggressive trick they use to get out of being asked to do something they don't want to do: they eff it up intentionally. Like they'll mow through the flower bed, put the sheets on inside out. . .that sort of thing. They can handle that you think they are incompetent as long as it gets them out of doing that particular task in future.

I guess some do Mara, that doesnt work in my home .LOL Glad you are doing better. Netti, take sis outside for some redneck adjustment.LOL

waking up at 415 didnt help my mood today, dont need to be up till 6!

I am sitting here at work gagging because SOMEONE fried a goddamn egg in the kitchen and it's stinking the place up.

God, I hate f*ckin' eggs. This is just about the worst smell in the world - it's like someone's nasty-ass fart odor. But fart odors tend to dissipate more quickly.

I had a play date here the other day. It was a boy from my son's school. He really wanted him to come over which was totally fine with me. Called this boy's mom, scheduled the play date, she came over and literally shoved him in the house and practically ran back to her car waving and saying, "I'll be back in three hours to pick him up!"

This boy was only four years old.

I've had a few mom's do this. I don't get it. Not only do I find it incredibly rude but it seems odd to me that you wouldn't want to know anything about the person who is watching your child (let alone your four-year-old) for a few hours.

When my son goes to someone's house for the first time, I stay there. I talk to the mom and play with the kids. I enjoy doing this so I can't understand why other mom's just drop their kid off and leave.

I felt like saying, "Ok, see you in a few hours! We'll be playing with shards of broken glass and juggling knives!"

I "skipped" a funeral this morning to go to work. This was our neighbor who got killed (see the Two Tragedies thread - which now turned into 3, deaths come in threes you know..). Anyhow, we attended the wake last night together knowing I could not go to the funeral this morning for our neighbor and my husband got pretty upset while there last night (over the loss). He didn't know if he was going to attend the funeral this morning. He said he would go if his father did. Well, his father did not end up going so neither did he; he didn't want to go alone.

I feel awful because we are 1/2 staffed in our department this week, so I felt I *had* to be here. And sure enough, here I am, doing all the work because my other coworker does jack, getting burned out and stressed and feeling guilty as hell because I should have been with my husband this morning.

This is the last time I let a job get in the way of the important things in life.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 18 2011, 03:25 PM)
I had a play date here the other day. It was a boy from my son's school. He really wanted him to come over which was totally fine with me. Called this boy's mom, scheduled the play date, she came over and literally shoved him in the house and practically ran back to her car waving and saying, "I'll be back in three hours to pick him up!"

I've had a few mom's do this. I don't get it. Not only do I find it incredibly rude but it seems odd to me that you wouldn't want to know anything about the person who is watching your child (let alone your four-year-old) for a few hours.

When my son goes to someone's house for the first time, I stay there. I talk to the mom and play with the kids. I enjoy doing this so I can't understand why other mom's just drop their kid off and leave.

I felt like saying, "Ok, see you in a few hours! We'll be playing with shards of broken glass and juggling knives!"

Unlike yourself, some people just can't be bothered with their own kids most of the time and can't wait to 'dump' them on someone else for a while for the break. Makes me despare sometimes. eyesre4.gif

It's the same with this dog we've been looking after. (pics later, can find camera's USB) His family don't even take him out for walkies! I have been doing every day and he gets so excited. biggrin.gif

But they also don't have a collar for him, so I had to use Purdy's. I know, I did feel kinda bad about using our angel pup's collar and lead for another dog, but I had no other choice. confused13.gif

This woman who's husband owns the dog is a workmate of Mum's, but they're not even particularly good friends... except when this woman needs a favour... eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 18 2011, 03:43 PM)

Unlike yourself, some people just can't be bothered with their own kids most of the time and can't wait to 'dump' them on someone else for a while for the break. Makes me despare sometimes. eyesre4.gif

It's the same with this dog we've been looking after. (pics later, can find camera's USB) His family don't even take him out for walkies! I have been doing every day and he gets so excited. biggrin.gif

But they also don't have a collar for him, so I had to use Purdy's. I know, I did feel kinda bad about using our angel pup's collar and lead for another dog, but I had no other choice. confused13.gif

This woman who's husband owns the dog is a workmate of Mum's, but they're not even particularly good friends... except when this woman needs a favour... eyesre4.gif

I am absolutely certain that Purdy would approve of you using her collar and lead to do a good turn for another dog. yes.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Mar 18 2011, 08:00 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 18 2011, 03:43 PM)

I am absolutely certain that Purdy would approve of you using her collar and lead to do a good turn for another dog. yes.gif

Thanks Mara, wub.gif good point.

Stupid f***ing car and its stupid f***ing emissions system.

I'm going to start leaving the bitch unlocked in places where there's a decent chance it will be stolen. Would it be going too far to leave the keys in the ignition?

Edited by Mara

QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 18 2011, 02:43 PM)

Got any para cord? I can show you how to tie a quick dog harness.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Mar 22 2011, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Mar 18 2011, 02:43 PM)

Got any para cord? I can show you how to tie a quick dog harness.

Para cord? As in parachute cord? No, we don't have any. But don't worry about it. I'm probably just being soppy and sentimental. (again!) tongue.gif

Thanks though. trink39.gif

Having to shovel snow this morning. It's f-ing spring! No More Snow!!!

not so much pissed off but was more like, 'what's that about?!'

I had a dream I had a house full of people, why? don't know and I met (of all people) Keith Richards and he was a great conversationalist? and very down to Earth and we talked for what seemed like hours? so I ask him for his autograph before he leaves and I give him my Stones shirt (which I actually do have) to sign and instead of my name J-, he addresses the shirt to a Jacquie. Wah-Wahhhh... sad.gif

Damn, I can't even get it right in my dreams!!! laugh.gif

Ditto on the snow. I had hoped we'd have fairly decent weather for the Rush roadtrip in two weeks, but I'm having to lower my expectations to "please don't snow". I'd wanted to wear my Rush hoodies as my jacket, but I'll probably be stuck in fleece or a parka! GGGRRRR angry.gif