What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

My cat has been gone for several hours. This is quite unlike him... sad.gif

Oh, and CM, I know what you mean about bad refs. They were shite in ASU's game tonight, even though we won; the women's game that happened before it could have had a different outcome if the refs hadn't missed a foul call in the last few seconds.

Just down and depressed and generally anxious.

I know it's not uncommon after major surgery to feel this way. All that trauma to the body plus all the meds don't do anyone's brain chemistry any good. (I haven't taken any pain meds today - just Aleve, and the only time I took the prescription stuff yesterday was before bed).

I just can't stop worrying and I feel like I'm about to burst into tears. Probably a good thing I am headed back to work tomorrow and getting back to a somewhat normal schedule.

Yesterday - car inspection. Was expecting I'd have to get new tires, so at least I was prepared for an expense, but instead it was some parts I've never even heard of. My boyfriend thinks they're part of the steering, so if there really was something wrong, it's good we fixed it before the Rush roadtrip next month, but I really wonder if they didn't make the whole thing up. Bottom line, $800 and none of the things I KNOW are wrong with the car (and a huge pain in the a$$) are fixed - the back wiper's broken, the air conditioning barely works, and I'll still need new tires next year.

I really, really wonder if I'm ever going to get ahead financially. I'm sick of it.

Mara, try and get as much fresh air and drink as much as possible, get all the meds and anesthesia out of your system...as someone who has a hard time coming out of anesthesia, I can relate...hang in there!

Edited by 1 of the 7

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 6 2011, 02:20 AM)

Oh, and CM, I know what you mean about bad refs. They were shite in ASU's game tonight, even though we won; the women's game that happened before it could have had a different outcome if the refs hadn't missed a foul call in the last few seconds.

Has your cat come back yet? hug2.gif

seeing two peeps together. Not really "pissed"...just ugh sad.gif Edited by umoveme

QUOTE (Babycat @ Mar 7 2011, 09:35 AM)

Hope he has! sad.gif

Yep, second time here in one day:

I just kicked the edge of the base of the fireplace. Took some skin off and whacked the nail quite badly. Hurt like hell. scared.gif

QUOTE (Lamelight @ Mar 7 2011, 04:09 PM)

Hope he has! sad.gif

He hasn't, and probably won't considering his age. I can find solace in the fact that he feels better now than he's been feeling. I just wish I could have said a proper goodbye... rose.gif

I hate coming in here and complaining. I had an emergency neurology appointment. I'm having more seizures, baby seizures, that are basically precursors to a big seizure. So, no more riding for a while and we're increasing my medication. I'm just frustrated because I have no stress right now, nothing going on and we can't figure out why this is going on. It scares me because I'm supposed to go to grad school this coming fall and we don't know if I can handle it now.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Mar 7 2011, 09:37 PM)

Hope he has! sad.gif

He hasn't, and probably won't considering his age. I can find solace in the fact that he feels better now than he's been feeling. I just wish I could have said a proper goodbye... rose.gif

hug2.gif oh, it's so hard to lose a pet!

So today I get called an asshole. This is after getting called a bitch a few weeks ago. Now, I have just enough self-esteem to tell myself neither are true, but not enough to not feel horrible about it. So now I'm angry at myself for feeling horrible, and having bad thoughts toward the people who did this to me (one I barely know, the other I don't know at all). In other words, I'm becoming just like them, or worse.

I better go find Kid Gloves and listen to it before I become really enraged. waffen093.gif firedevil.gif rage.gif banghead.gif

Hope he has! sad.gif

Oh no! D:

That's so sad. And such a shame that he ran away... Of course I always hold out hope that you would eventually find him, but I really hope the best for both you and your cat. My family has a dog that's been in my family since I was six and it's going to be really hard when we lose her.. A twelve-year-old epileptic Golden Retriever is pretty much a walking miracle, so I've been trying to prepare myself for the inevitable. Doesn't make the prospect of losing her any easier though.

Pets have become so like family to us, haven't they?

QUOTE (nettiesaur @ Mar 8 2011, 03:59 AM)

Hope he has! sad.gif

hug2.gif oh, it's so hard to lose a pet!

Oh, no..! How sad... I know what it's like to lose a pet. I hope he's not in any pain. Much love & prayers are with you & your kitty. heart.gif hug2.gif rose.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Mar 7 2011, 03:04 PM)
QUOTE (Kenneth @ Mar 7 2011, 12:13 PM)
QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ Mar 7 2011, 06:05 AM)
The very next day... ph34r.gif

Looks like you're going to have to fill me in, because if you did what I think you did, I feel exposed & humiliated dazed025.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3WR0Ht8c2e4/SkDqIx0iS1I/AAAAAAAAADE/P-ECMxzxLlg/s320/successful_troll.jpg

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 7 2011, 05:57 PM)
Religious ignorance.
'Nough said.

Oh tell me about it. Dealing with it every day gets to be a pain in the ass. Embrace religion if you want, but don't shove it down MY throat while you're at it.

I had a migraine all day today. It's been on and off since about lunch time, so I don't know if I'll sleep tonight.

QUOTE (Oracle @ Mar 8 2011, 12:13 AM)
QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 7 2011, 05:57 PM)
Religious ignorance.
'Nough said.

Oh tell me about it. Dealing with it every day gets to be a pain in the ass. Embrace religion if you want, but don't shove it down MY throat while you're at it.

I had a migraine all day today. It's been on and off since about lunch time, so I don't know if I'll sleep tonight.

Heh, for me, it's not even that.

It's the fact that people will judge others' religions without knowing anything about them. Like how people think that "Jihad" means "holy war". No; no it doesn't. It actually refers to the inner battle of evil and righteousness. |:

It's things like ignorance that led to the Spanish Inquisition (and the expulsion or death of millions of Muslim and Jews) and the Holocaust. Personally, I think all high schoolers should be required to take a World Religions course just for the fact that it's such a huge part of culture. If you want to understand the world, you have to at least understand the belief system. (IMO.)

We have to more than just tolerate each other -- we have to COEXIST in peace and understanding! (:

But there's my rant. Bleh. I'm such a hopeless optimist.

I had just finished cleaning the kitchen and was picking up the living room when I hear a ton of commotion coming from the pantry.

And... I find Connor...

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo228/LifesonPics/Picture2470.jpg

He had rooted around in the Girl Scout cookie box to find the cookies he wanted. Opened a brand new box AND did the same with the box of crackers. That box wasn't open!

The kid loves to eat. I have one kid who would rather play than eat and another who would rather eat than play.

There's only an 8 lb difference between my almost five-year-old child and my 1 1/2 year old. ohmy.gif