What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Feb 9 2011, 11:16 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 9 2011, 10:06 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 8 2011, 04:39 PM)
All before noon today:

Wake up, oldest is sick - still. Coughing so hard he's hurling everywhere. Tell husband at 8:40am that I'm taking child to doctor and that he should get his butt out of bed and tend to younger child who is just waking up. Take sick child to doctor. Including drive to and from and all the waiting and X-ray/pneumonia scare... we finally arrive home, two hours later. Husband is still in bed. Baby is still in crib. Soaked and starving. Get baby out of crib, watch sick child continue to cough and hurl. Fix breakfast for baby. Watch as baby starts coughing so hard he starts hurling. Start walking around the barf filled landmine I call home to go upstairs to grab change of clothes for kids. Discover that oldest has left the cat locked in his room. Cat has used childs bed as litterbox AND hurled.

I'm really hoping the afternoon is going to go smoother.

You know, I really can identify with that kind of day. I feel for you totally and completely - exhausted, worried, sick of puke...the whole nine yards. I've been there - thankfully not lately - but, I've been there.

And here's the thing: while I am FAR from being as outspoken as I should be about spousal help and participation, reading that about your husband infuriates me on your behalf.

The idea that he LAID IN BED the whole time you were gone, left the baby that HE fathered in the crib hungry and wet? OMG. I am fairly speechless. (Well, obviously not quite speechless.)

I hope you gave him a piece of your mind when you got home. Jesus!

I feel bad for you moms/wives whose husbands are not very supportive or helpful.

We aren't all like that; as a husband and a father I can't understand how you could not help out with the kids, shopping, cooking and chores.

I would have taken the sick child to the Dr so mom didn't have to go out.

As an aside, I can't remember the last time I was still in bed at 8:40 am.

Might as well throw my 2 cents in. We have four-legged children, who, while not nearly as demanding and time-consuming as the two-legged variety, still have needs. For example, going to the bathroom outdoors, which means being walked.

Normally I am the #1 dog walker because my husband HATES doing it - he'll take them to pee across the street on the vacant lot but he carps and moans if asked to do more. I like walking them, so the main exercise and poo walks are my thing. (Oh yes, the dogs get far more excited when I pick up the leash as opposed to my husband - they KNOW after 5 years that Dad's "walks" suck).

Right now I am three weeks out from having surgery to replace part of my artificial hip. I am not in pain but the joint is NOT totally stable - I've had a couple of freakout moments when it's wobbled sort of funny. Hubby was very concerned at first and told me he'd take over dog walks, as needless to say things would be bad if my hip suddenly dislocated while I was out with them. (I have this mental image of me down and thrashing on the ground like a dying fish as both dogs bolt for the hills to enjoy newfound freedom. Or, more likely,getting dragged into the middle of the road and flattened by a speeding car - I don't think I'd let go of the dogs).

That offer was good for about five days. He does not GET it - asks me if I'm going to work out on the bike daily. I quit doing that a TWO WEEKS AGO since my hip was telling me that it was a bad idea. I have NO idea what's going to happen once I'm recovering and cannot walk the dogs. I might have to tie a leash to each crutch and hope they don't pull me over.

QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 9 2011, 10:17 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Feb 9 2011, 08:06 AM)
QUOTE (Janie @ Feb 8 2011, 04:39 PM)
All before noon today:

Wake up, oldest is sick - still. Coughing so hard he's hurling everywhere. Tell husband at 8:40am that I'm taking child to doctor and that he should get his butt out of bed and tend to younger child who is just waking up. Take sick child to doctor. Including drive to and from and all the waiting and X-ray/pneumonia scare... we finally arrive home, two hours later. Husband is still in bed. Baby is still in crib. Soaked and starving. Get baby out of crib, watch sick child continue to cough and hurl. Fix breakfast for baby. Watch as baby starts coughing so hard he starts hurling. Start walking around the barf filled landmine I call home to go upstairs to grab change of clothes for kids. Discover that oldest has left the cat locked in his room. Cat has used childs bed as litterbox AND hurled.

I'm really hoping the afternoon is going to go smoother.

You know, I really can identify with that kind of day. I feel for you totally and completely - exhausted, worried, sick of puke...the whole nine yards. I've been there - thankfully not lately - but, I've been there.

And here's the thing: while I am FAR from being as outspoken as I should be about spousal help and participation, reading that about your husband infuriates me on your behalf.

The idea that he LAID IN BED the whole time you were gone, left the baby that HE fathered in the crib hungry and wet? OMG. I am fairly speechless. (Well, obviously not quite speechless.)

I hope you gave him a piece of your mind when you got home. Jesus!

I was pretty pissed. Still am.

somehow I can see in my mind you going into the bedroom and shouting to your sleeping hubby "get your ASS outta that bed!!!" followed by you pulling him out and giving his ass a good switchin'. That's probably what I would have done.

bd.gif

F**king FX Channel cutting out one of my favourite parts in a Farscape episode. Again. angry.gif

Man, I'm even more glad I watched them all on YouTube first, now. sarcasm.gif

The guy who almost smashed head-on into me driving too fast on the wrong side of the road in our parking lot today.

But worse, my boyfriend telling me a character on a show he watches "isn't bad...for a dark-haired girl". Guess what shade my hair is. GAAAHH. I mean, his love of blonde chicks is obvious, and I indulge him, since I fawn over Rush, but I didn't realize he thought the rest of us were unattractive. Guess I do now.

Hehe, War Paint is on now. I think I'll tell Geddy my frustrations...he'll understand, since people are always picking on him for being unattractive when he's soooo not...maybe there's some hope for me fists crying.gif

mad at my structures teacher. hard to explain, but I guess I should feel guilty for not going to class sick with a 100 degree fever. I stayed home and didn't attempt homework for several days. When I wrote to my teacher with questions about the work days later, he was upset that I waited until the last minute. Yeah, I was very ill for days and couldn't open a book.

Man I've had a bad day today sad.gif

I dated this girl for a long time...and then today one of her friend's was talking bad about me, saying stuff I had never done. I overheard...I guess I found out why so many people ignore me now. I swear, I never did anything wrong to her, I really loved her.

Edited to say I'm completely over her now, but I just can't believe rumors about me are going about.

Edited by Good,bad,andrush

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Feb 16 2011, 02:03 PM)

I dated this girl for a long time...and then today one of her friend's was talking bad about me, saying stuff I had never done. I overheard...I guess I found out why so many people ignore me now. I swear, I never did anything wrong to her, I really loved her.

Edited to say I'm completely over her now, but I just can't believe rumors about me are going about.

That's sad, I hope someday she realizes what liars they are. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Feb 16 2011, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Feb 16 2011, 02:03 PM)

That's sad, I hope someday she realizes what liars they are. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

thanks, this song totally describes my feelings right now:

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Feb 15 2011, 11:07 PM)
The guy who almost smashed head-on into me driving too fast on the wrong side of the road in our parking lot today.

But worse, my boyfriend telling me a character on a show he watches "isn't bad...for a dark-haired girl". Guess what shade my hair is. GAAAHH. I mean, his love of blonde chicks is obvious, and I indulge him, since I fawn over Rush, but I didn't realize he thought the rest of us were unattractive. Guess I do now.

Hehe, War Paint is on now. I think I'll tell Geddy my frustrations...he'll understand, since people are always picking on him for being unattractive when he's soooo not...maybe there's some hope for me fists crying.gif

maybe that's his way of telling you to go blonde... but seriously, there must be a reason he likes you besides your hair color.

Just got back from my ENT appointment. Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

I thought I was DONE with all my ear issues. The last set of drainage tubes fell out when I was 22. At that point I'd had them in so long (since age 6) that my doctor expected the perforations in the drums would stay. As long as those holes were there, no need for tubes. He did warn me that if the holes closed, I'd probably have to go back into tubes.

(Reason for this is I have totally inadequate/underdeveloped eustachian tubes. The ears fill with fluid, cannot drain, and get infected. My childhood was one long chain of infections, blown-out eardrums, and surgeries. It's just something I never outgrew).

So the holes did stay. For 20 years. In the last couple of months I noticed a decrease in my hearing and there was also some oozing and yuckiness from the ears.

Holes are closed. Ears are bulging with fluid and the left one (always the "problem ear") has a nasty infection as well. Looks like I get to spend the rest of my life with ear tubes.

The freaking cable tech.....! He was supposed to show up this afternoon. They say they called 3 times. And that he sat out in front of my gate for 30 minutes.... Wait, what??? He sat out there. Never came inside the gate and knocked on the door. WTF???

Now, they *might* come out tomorrow. Maybe at the time I asked. If I'm lucky. All we need is a freaking HDMI cable. Gah!!!!!!

angry.gif

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Feb 17 2011, 04:03 AM)

People that believe rumors about people they don't really know don't matter

Had a rough day yesterday, had several seizures, rode my friend's horse anyway and fell off and now I may have fractured my tailbone. On the bright side, I didn't break my hip (we thought I broke my hip as well as my shoulder).

And now I can't ride for several weeks. sad.gif Actually, I can't walk.

And my medications are depleting my immune system so I'm running fevers for no apparent reason.

I know I shouldn't whine, but it's really annoying.

Edited by garbo

QUOTE (garbo @ Feb 18 2011, 07:56 PM)
Had a rough day yesterday, had several seizures, rode my friend's horse anyway and fell off and now I may have fractured my tailbone. On the bright side, I didn't break my hip (we thought I broke my hip as well as my shoulder).

And now I can't ride for several weeks. sad.gif Actually, I can't walk.

And my medications are depleting my immune system so I'm running fevers for no apparent reason.

I know I shouldn't whine, but it's really annoying.

whine? I think you have a valid reason to complain.

and GG too.

hug2.gif to GG and garbo.

As for me: two things. One, I am not taking the rest of my f**king antibiotics. They are giving me headaches, insomnia, and general tiredness, not to mention that the only thing I seem to have an appetite for is yogurt.

Two, my husband invited his sister to stay the night. Fine, I can handle her - she is sweet, if a bit dippy. But she called last night AND her husband wants to come too. God, no. The two of them are wearying. Plus this is supposed to be my birthday weekend. Thanks, DH. I think I'm sneaking off to see my mom & grandma tonight. Plus the plan was to go for pizza, and thanks to the Bactrim, nothing appeals to me less.

Edited by Mara

OMG, I hope you all feel better/heal well soon!

A customer called me "Bitch" right to my face yesterday. I so wanted to say something back, and held my tongue. It just sucks that someone can say whatever he wants to me, and I have to just take it.