What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Got in a bad crash yesterday, my car is totaled, my head and neck are killing me, and i have finals tomorrow.

ranton.gif

To make matters worse, the guy that towed my car stole my Rush lanyard and Roll the Bones keychain. He simply said, "Herp derp didn't see them!" I know for a fact that he has them! My mom handed him the keys (Because he said it was "procedure") and my mom said they were still on there when she handed them to him. He is a thieving bastard that deserves to burn in hell! Those were MY Rush keys, not his. Oh yeah we got the key back, but not the keychains/lanyard.

rantoff.gif

The insane income tax increase shoved through by IL lame duck congress before their session ends at 12PM tonight.

‎67% income tax increase

69% corporate tax increase

30% property tax increase

1100% unemployment cost increase

Buisnesses will go under or head over to Indiana or Wisconsin. So will some people! (Indiana is only 12 miles or so from Chicago.)

If we knew they were going to use the $$$ to actually pay down the actual king-size debt here it would be one thing, but I fully suspect they will waste it and piss away the extra projected $6.8B (yes that's a 'B') on who knows what...

Hmmm... 12 miles or so.

General comment: I'm annoyed by people who have to have everything upbeat, energetic, or exciting...be in their lifestyles (always doing something), music (high energy...feck ballads), or movies (exciting action or NOTHING!!!). Your predictability and need for constant stimulation is truly what's boring.

That's it. I've f*cking had it with being positive and optimistic. All that's ever done is set me up for tremendous disappointment later when the rug gets jerked out from under me.

Pessimism from here on out. At worst, I get exactly what I expect - no unpleasant surprises. No making plans based on any great expectations. In another 50 or so years, it won't f*cking matter anymore anyway.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jan 13 2011, 02:56 PM)
Just a picture of my car crash

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af239/KingWhompus/XTERRA.jpg

Oh, my God! That you made it out alive, let alone with only a sore head and neck, is a freakin' miracle!!! And, that guy that ripped off your Rush merch needs a visit from the Karma Police. yes.gif

You're one lucky dude. Sorry about your car. sad.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 15 2011, 12:56 AM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jan 13 2011, 02:56 PM)
Just a picture of my car crash

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af239/KingWhompus/XTERRA.jpg

Oh, my God! That you made it out alive, let alone with only a sore head and neck, is a freakin' miracle!!! And, that guy that ripped off your Rush merch needs a visit from the Karma Police. yes.gif

You're one lucky dude. Sorry about your car. sad.gif

Yeah i got my Rush stuff back, all my cds survived, and i crawled out without a scratch. I did get a bloody nose from the airbag, and maybe a minor concussion.

I not only had to work on a Saturday, I got a lecture about wasting the companies time on personal stuff. Oh, and talking too loud on the phone.

I 062802puke_prv.gif my breakfast this morning..... angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Guess my aging guts can't handle the fried stuff anymore..... doh.gif doh.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 14 2011, 11:20 PM)
That's it.  I've f*cking had it with being positive and optimistic.  All that's ever done is set me up for tremendous disappointment later when the rug gets jerked out from under me.

I understand the feeling. It's probably less serious on my end than on your end, but I know what you mean.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 14 2011, 09:20 PM)
That's it. I've f*cking had it with being positive and optimistic. All that's ever done is set me up for tremendous disappointment later when the rug gets jerked out from under me.

Pessimism from here on out. At worst, I get exactly what I expect - no unpleasant surprises. No making plans based on any great expectations. In another 50 or so years, it won't f*cking matter anymore anyway.

Putting an optimistic spin on this... when you go into a situation expecting the worst, the worst never happens (hope to god). Always think bad thoughts. Then you'll be happy when the worst doesn't happen. I thrive on this.

Got friendzoned today by the girl I've had a crush on for three months.

Wanna know what's even better? A mutual friend told me, not the girl herself, which really pissed me off.

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 23 2011, 06:25 PM)

Wanna know what's even better? A mutual friend told me, not the girl herself, which really pissed me off.

Booo.

I had to look up friendzoned.... old.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jan 24 2011, 08:25 AM)

Would you really like to have heard directly from her that she doesn't like you the way you'd like? It's not like it would have been easy on her to do that. And why would she have to do that anyways? The bright side is that you can move on and not have a continuous crush that wouldn't have gone anywhere. Besides, being friends with girls can be a good thing: attractive cool girls (that you're friends with) often have attractive cool friends (that you can easily be introduced to). There's always a bright side to these kinds of things. trink39.gif

...that is, if I correctly understand what friendzoned means... unsure.gif

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

It is - 12 degrees , WTF ?