What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

I'm anal but not that anal. This landscaping thing happened the other day.

It has been raining so much that the boulders are probably doing the backstoke. My backyard has been replaced by a rice paddy.

QUOTE (Janie @ May 16 2011, 08:00 AM)
"JESUS! Stop doing that, you're almost 40 for god's sake, you'll hurt yourself!"

Note to Your Husband: When a person reaches 40 years of age, he/she does NOT automatically become a frail, weak, injury-prone wimp....

Tell him this and then DECK HIM right afterwards..... wink.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (In A Tidewater Surge @ May 16 2011, 09:13 AM)
You really don't, but anyway why are you doing landscaping at 6am?

Not that it pisses me off, but I'm finding it disconcerting that Tidewater has swiped 73's avatar. 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 has had that FOREVER, and my mind automatically links it to him!

QUOTE (Mara @ May 16 2011, 10:36 AM)

Not that it pisses me off, but I'm finding it disconcerting that Tidewater has swiped 73's avatar. 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 has had that FOREVER, and my mind automatically links it to him!

Yeah...just noticed that myself.

*sends friendly PM*

smile.gif

I got so confused when I saw that and thought we were in an alternate dimension, though I think I know why he did it. Visit the only spam thread and Kenneth says something about swiping that avatar.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 16 2011, 11:36 AM)

Ditto that, Sisters n Brothers!

STOP IT

*not so friendly jab at "The Serge"*

This is a really silly thing to be upset over, but

I'm so frustrated that nearly all of my favourite broadcast dramas are getting canceled!! Aaauugh!! Dx

It took shows like Star Trek (TNG, DS9, and ENT) and X-Files and other great dramas and sci-fis at least a couple seasons to get their acts together. But networks these days don't even give them that kind of a chance (things like Heroes excepted). I have a tendency of getting emotionally involved with my dramas (hey, it comes with writing fiction! :C ) and then it crushes me when they get canceled. It's like reading a book and then suddenly having it snatched away from you without any prior warning, and on a cliffhanger too.

Just.. AUGH. Production industry?! What are you doing?!?! There will be no sci-fi on one of these days! And I can't wait forever for Fringe to return! o^o

I actually thought it was 73 talking.

This is VERY disconcerting.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 16 2011, 07:27 PM)

And then Kenneth's "friend" mattbruins (five posts, all shitty troll posts), after Kenneth posts about wanting to use my avatar in the SPAM thread, goes ahead and uses mine too. Hmmm....

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 16 2011, 07:00 PM)

And then Kenneth's "friend" mattbruins (after five posts, all shitty troll posts), after Kenneth posts about wanting to use my avatar in the SPAM thread, goes ahead and uses mine too. Hmmm....

You can choose either of two philosophies. I proudly claim the second as my own.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Or,

"Imitation is the sincerest form of identity theft."

It's all about how cynical you are willing to be.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 16 2011, 08:00 PM)

And then Kenneth's "friend" mattbruins (five posts, all shitty troll posts), after Kenneth posts about wanting to use my avatar in the SPAM thread, goes ahead and uses mine too. Hmmm....

I wouldn't expect anything less from a Bruins fan confused13.gif

tongue.gif

smile.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ May 16 2011, 08:03 PM)

And then Kenneth's "friend" mattbruins (after five posts, all shitty troll posts), after Kenneth posts about wanting to use my avatar in the SPAM thread, goes ahead and uses mine too. Hmmm....

You can choose either of two philosophies. I proudly claim the second as my own.

Or,

How about "imitation is proof that you have no creativity and are lazy as all get out"? laugh.gif Those guys didn't even think to appropriate it on their own - they had to get the idea from Kenneth.

Within the world of TRF, 73 has practically trademarked that avatar. Get another, you two.

QUOTE (Mara @ May 16 2011, 11:03 PM)

Or,

How about "imitation is proof that you have no creativity and are lazy as all get out"? laugh.gif Those guys didn't even think to appropriate it on their own - they had to get the idea from Kenneth.

Within the world of TRF, 73 has practically trademarked that avatar. Get another, you two.

I say let em look at TRF for a couple days, suspend their posting privileges

I mean really

the nerve

Or 2.gif : Ignorance breeds imitation bolt.gif

Back on topic: someone at the main office I was told to call for a problem treating me like $#!^ (bad enough the customers do, now it's our own staff). The good news was, our new branch manager asked her to lay off. First time anyone has stuck up for me in a loooooong time.

Or,

I always liked, "Imitation is the sincerest form of copying."

So now, Tidewater Surge goes from using my avatar to using Bob's. Granted, the Tootsie Pop Owl avatar isn't a custom creation like mine, but it's still the one people associate with Bob.

I understand Bob hired the same copyright lawyers I used against mattbruins and sent them to Surge's house.

QUOTE (Babycat @ May 17 2011, 01:47 AM)
Holy crap! I'm almost 40!!! scared.gif scared.gif scared.gif

http://photos2.fotosearch.com/bthumb/FSD/FSD315/x10428026.jpg heart.gif

http://liberty4all.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/finger_pointing2.jpg smile.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 17 2011, 01:38 AM)

Or,

So now, Tidewater Surge goes from using my avatar to using Bob's. Granted, the Tootsie Pop Owl avatar isn't a custom creation like mine, but it's still the one people associate with Bob.

I understand Bob hired the same copyright lawyers I used against mattbruins and sent them to Surge's house.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Granted not custom but mine's got a couple things you can associate with 2.gif

The professor..on the drum kit, and the Owl. So it took time, and thought. And now some idiot is using *my* avatar.

What if we substituted avatars we thought were appropriate for the Identity thieves?

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 17 2011, 07:26 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ May 17 2011, 01:38 AM)

Or,

Hmmmmmmmmm

Granted not custom but mine's got a couple things you can associate with 2.gif

The professor..on the drum kit, and the Owl. So it took time, and thought. And now some idiot is using *my* avatar.

What if we substituted avatars we thought were appropriate for the Identity thieves?

http://comps.fotosearch.com/compb/ARP/ARP104/dunce_~Dunce.jpg

like this one!

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ May 17 2011, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ May 17 2011, 01:47 AM)
Holy crap! I'm almost 40!!! scared.gif scared.gif scared.gif

http://photos2.fotosearch.com/bthumb/FSD/FSD315/x10428026.jpg heart.gif

http://liberty4all.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/finger_pointing2.jpg smile.gif

Awwww..! blush4.gif wub.gif heart.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 16 2011, 10:49 PM)
This is a really silly thing to be upset over, but
I'm so frustrated that nearly all of my favourite broadcast dramas are getting canceled!! Aaauugh!! Dx

It took shows like Star Trek (TNG, DS9, and ENT) and X-Files and other great dramas and sci-fis at least a couple seasons to get their acts together. But networks these days don't even give them that kind of a chance (things like Heroes excepted). I have a tendency of getting emotionally involved with my dramas (hey, it comes with writing fiction! :C ) and then it crushes me when they get canceled. It's like reading a book and then suddenly having it snatched away from you without any prior warning, and on a cliffhanger too.

Just.. AUGH. Production industry?! What are you doing?!?! There will be no sci-fi on one of these days! And I can't wait forever for Fringe to return! o^o

Oh, I really hate this too. I know how you feel. Babylon 5: Crusade is a prime example for me. rage.gif

Did they cure the Drakh plague?

Do Galen and Dureena get together?

WTF is this Apocolypse Box?? wacko.gif

I know where you're coming from. trink39.gif

The Rush show is tomorrow night. I was going to go with a TRF member (HowItIs) but couldn't because of an out-of-town guest and then, to make matters worse, last night, I spent hours at the hospital because I managed to break a bone in my foot and now I'm in this boot cast thing.

Sad. So sad. fists crying.gif

ETA: However, on the upside, I have killer pain meds.

Edited by Janie