What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

My niece.

Just turned 18, she's going off to college in three weeks, and she's copping an attitude....

"I don't care. I'm not paying all that money for a textbook. The professor will just have a problem with me then....I don't care...."

facepalm.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 24 2011, 07:30 PM)
My niece.

Just turned 18, she's going off to college in three weeks, and she's copping an attitude....

"I don't care. I'm not paying all that money for a textbook. The professor will just have a problem with me then....I don't care...."

facepalm.gif

Perhaps somebody *shouldn't* be going off to college..?

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 24 2011, 09:30 PM)
My niece.

"I don't care.  I'm not paying all that money for a textbook.  The professor will just have a problem with me then....I don't care...."

facepalm.gif

I had reading homework in all my classes the first day of each of them.

She's going to have a hell of a time keeping her grades up, and this is after not even a week.

Get her in contact with some people already in college and they will attest that, yes, you actually do need your textbooks.

Everyone else hates the monopoly placed on them. Encourage her to buy them used (you can always re-sell) or rent (pretty cheap for a semester).

Other than that, I'd say get over it. The price of college sucks. Nothing you can do about it.

Damned insurance adjuster! angry.gif

In Nov. of 2009 - less than 2 weeks after my Mother died - their client hit us head-on. It was her fault, we have no shared liability. I ended up with a broken sternum and ribs. I was in severe-moderate pain for a year. I still get pain in my chest every day. I will until I die.

I'm not looking for a huge settlement but I certainly think that the injury, pain, not being able to cry, be hugged or do anything that involved my arms for months is worth more than $4K. Now I have to find a lawyer firedevil.gif b_sigh.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Aug 24 2011, 09:16 PM)
Damned insurance adjuster! angry.gif

In Nov. of 2009 - less than 2 weeks after my Mother died - their client hit us head-on. It was her fault, we have no shared liability. I ended up with a broken sternum and ribs. I was in severe-moderate pain for a year. I still get pain in my chest every day. I will until I die.

I'm not looking for a huge settlement but I certainly think that the injury, pain, not being able to cry, be hugged or do anything that involved my arms for months is worth more than $4K. Now I have to find a lawyer firedevil.gif b_sigh.gif

sad.gif hug2.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Aug 24 2011, 09:16 PM)
Damned insurance adjuster!  angry.gif

I'm not looking for a huge settlement but I certainly think that the injury, pain, not being able to cry, be hugged or do anything that involved my arms for months is worth more than $4K. Now I have to find a lawyer  firedevil.gif  b_sigh.gif

Give 'em hell! That's what they gave you. angry.gif

We're all having a string of bad luck. Today was a breaking day for me and to top it all off, the husband came home saying he was demoted. And that's painting a good picture.

Sometimes... life makes me do this: rage.gif

Forgot to bring my iPod Touch with me doh.gif so I'm stuck with my laptop for music listening. There also go my plans for the gym because I have a low tolerance for the top 40 junk they play there. Working out to Justin Bieber doesn't feel right EVER. Edited by invisible airwave

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Aug 25 2011, 06:41 PM)
Forgot to bring my iPod Touch with me doh.gif so I'm stuck with my laptop for music listening.  There also go my plans for the gym because I have a low tolerance for the top 40 junk they play there.  Working out to Justin Bieber doesn't feel right EVER.

Justin Bieber's obviously not your thing, I take it... (Not mine either, you understand...)

I'm finally being forced to go to the eye doctor for prescription glasses. sad.gif

I woke up frantic this morning because I didn't think my alarm went off. SOMETHING woke me up, but I was in deep sleep. Guess it was my alarm, but I was in a daze. Anyway, I looked at the time, and because I'm so freaking farsighted, I thought the clock was at 6 a.m. I HAVE to be up no later than 5:30 or I'll be late. So, I'm freaking out, took like a five second shower, almost literally THREW make up at my face in my frenzy, and then heard the news anchor say: "Good morning! It's now 5:30 am on Thursday, September 1st."

....... WTF?????? huh.gif unsure.gif rage.gif eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 1 2011, 11:08 AM)
I'm finally being forced to go to the eye doctor for prescription glasses. sad.gif

I woke up frantic this morning because I didn't think my alarm went off. SOMETHING woke me up, but I was in deep sleep. Guess it was my alarm, but I was in a daze. Anyway, I looked at the time, and because I'm so freaking farsighted, I thought the clock was at 6 a.m. I HAVE to be up no later than 5:30 or I'll be late. So, I'm freaking out, took like a five second shower, almost literally THREW make up at my face in my frenzy, and then heard the news anchor say: "Good morning! It's now 5:30 am on Thursday, September 1st."

....... WTF?????? huh.gif unsure.gif rage.gif eyesre4.gif

I know what you mean - I've woken up in a complete panic because I thought my alarm hadn't gone off - sat bolt upright, heart literally stopping for what feels like a minute, then jackhammering straight after...

QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 1 2011, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 1 2011, 11:08 AM)
I'm finally being forced to go to the eye doctor for prescription glasses.  sad.gif

....... WTF??????  huh.gif  unsure.gif  rage.gif  eyesre4.gif

I know what you mean - I've woken up in a complete panic because I thought my alarm hadn't gone off - sat bolt upright, heart literally stopping for what feels like a minute, then jackhammering straight after...

It's horrible, isn't it? But, thinking it was 6 a.m. instead of 5 a.m. really pissed me off! Not so much for the loss of sleep, but becuase I've become so blind that I couldn't tell a 6 from a 5 on the clock! Ug! old.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 1 2011, 06:08 AM)

The correct term for this is "joining the cool people club" (I've worn glasses since I was four) cool.gif

Hey, if Geddy Lee wears them (and looks as cute as he does...Neil too, though you don't often see him with them on) then they have to be awesome, right? cool.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Sep 1 2011, 09:03 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Sep 1 2011, 06:08 AM)
I'm finally being forced to go to the eye doctor for prescription glasses.  sad.gif

The correct term for this is "joining the cool people club" (I've worn glasses since I was four) cool.gif

Hey, if Geddy Lee wears them (and looks as cute as he does...Neil too, though you don't often see him with them on) then they have to be awesome, right? cool.gif

Wow, you've got me beat!

I got my first pair of glasses at age six. laugh.gif

I actually really enjoy shopping for a new pair of glasses. My dad gets this really great vision insurance so if I want one of the designer frames from Eyemasters or whatever I can. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Glasses-shopping can actually be very fun. yes.gif It's just another accessory these days.

But of course I also have contacts... better when exercising, or especially when it's hot outside.

(Yesterday) did some D.I.Y on an ill-fitting kitchen doorway. Frame was bending inwards due to dodgy brickwork, so bad that it was constantly catching my eye.. decided i couldn't put it off any longer, so, i set to righting it. What would've took all of 10 mins with a power grinder (seriously dusty / messy job), took 3 hours with a hammer and chisel (clump-thump-clump-whack.. yoooowwwwl).

I'dve earned my bacon.gif this weekend.

QUOTE (Fred Star @ Sep 2 2011, 06:33 AM)
(Yesterday) did some D.I.Y on an ill-fitting kitchen doorway. Frame was bending inwards due to dodgy brickwork, so bad that it was constantly catching my eye.. decided i couldn't put it off any longer, so, i set to righting it. What would've took all of 10 mins with a power grinder (seriously dusty / messy job), took 3 hours with a hammer and chisel (clump-thump-clump-whack.. yoooowwwwl).

I'dve earned my bacon.gif this weekend.

Awww, poor Fred... hug2.gif

Please.. If I ask you to leave the property please do so and do it now and don't come back..

Oh damn you ... You are back, drunk and panhandling, now I have to call the cops and have you arrested... angry.gif

pokey.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Sep 3 2011, 12:39 PM)
Please.. If I ask you to leave the property please do so and do it now and don't come back..

Oh damn you ... You are back, drunk and panhandling, now I have to call the cops and have you arrested... angry.gif

pokey.gif

Tully, what's happened?

QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 3 2011, 04:41 AM)

pokey.gif

Tully, what's happened?

Had to have a drunk that was panhandling (asking for money) in front of the store taken away, I asked him 3 damn times nice like to leave, told him, Howard please leave, I don't want to call the cops, you are trespassing man, please don't make me do this...

Well as you see drunks just don't listen. So he gets to spend the rest of the weekend in jail..

confused13.gif wtf.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Sep 3 2011, 12:56 PM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 3 2011, 04:41 AM)

pokey.gif

Tully, what's happened?

Had to have a drunk that was panhandling (asking for money) in front of the store taken away, I asked him 3 damn times nice like to leave, told him, Howard please leave, I don't want to call the cops, you are trespassing man, please don't make me do this...

Well as you see drunks just don't listen. So he gets to spend the rest of the weekend in jail..

confused13.gif wtf.gif

Oh crikey - not a pleasant way to spend a weekend, for you at least.

Almost got into a head-on car crash this morning.

Nothing like going 60mph staring down a car being driven by someone with a death wish in your lane going the wrong way heading straight at you doing the same speed and forcing you to pull over onto a dirt road while your two-year-old watches in the backseat.

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 17 2011, 04:25 AM)

Nothing like going 60mph staring down a car being driven by someone with a death wish in your lane going the wrong way heading straight at you doing the same speed and forcing you to pull over onto a dirt road while your two-year-old watches in the backseat.

Yeeeeesh ohmy.gif Sounds like a close one...glad you're both alright

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Sep 17 2011, 01:28 PM)

^This. Are you both okay, Janie? hug2.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Sep 17 2011, 06:12 AM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Sep 17 2011, 01:28 PM)

^This. Are you both okay, Janie? hug2.gif

We're fine. At least I had a spot to pull over. If this had happened in any other stretch of road, I hate to think of what could have happened.

The crazy driver was trying to speed past four cars in front of him by getting into my lane.