What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

In a furniture store looking at bedroom suites and was asked "Can I help you?" by the sales assistant. I replied quite clearly "no, I am fine thanks" which she ignored and started to go into her sales routine.

Now to me "no I am fine thanks" is customer code for "leave me alone" and the woman was similar age to me not a kid, yet my wife decided I was very rude for inquiring "which bit of I'm fine thanks did you not understand" as I headed for the door.

No, the sales person was very rude.

PS I understand they are required to approach customers.

Higher than anticipated quotes on major car maintenance.

What happened?

Timing belt job on my Accord. Trusted shop wants about $700. Five years ago they did the same job for $500 for another Accord in the family. They have a reputation for coming in under quote, and I suspect that would happen again. I don't expect prices to never change or anything, but I had been used to doing all my maintenance on my truck. The annoying bit is that parts are about $240, and I would love to just do it at my uncle's house with his help, but he's not interested. It's too big of a job for me to tackle myself.

Thanks for inquiring, Lorraine. :cheers: :)

Transverse V6 engines are a pain!

I would never own a 6cylinder in a front wheel drive! working on inline 4's are hard enough V-6's SUCK!!!!

They're not very well engineered for maintenance and repair. Did the spark plugs on the other one a few years ago. The back three were a bitch

:LOL:

$700 for timing belt for a professional shop on a Honda is right about in the ballpark, sad to say.

In a furniture store looking at bedroom suites and was asked "Can I help you?" by the sales assistant. I replied quite clearly "no, I am fine thanks" which she ignored and started to go into her sales routine.

Now to me "no I am fine thanks" is customer code for "leave me alone" and the woman was similar age to me not a kid, yet my wife decided I was very rude for inquiring "which bit of I'm fine thanks did you not understand" as I headed for the door.

You were right I would say.

Being reminded how much the fast food industry as well as where we get our food from (corporations) are trying to f**k us up, and all for their GREED. They ALL need.....well...THIS

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Weapons/atomic%20mushroom%20cloud%20explosion.gif

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Yay%20%20Woo-Hoo%20%20etc/YES-1.gif

• Like 1

You were right I would say.

I am trained in customer services and I always back down when asked.

I have been severely told off for not pushing onto customers but truth be told...I hate it! I am there to do my job and if the customer says no then DAMMIT it's my job to listen!

• Like 1

GCSE exams. I'm not even finding them that hard but they're just so boring. I made a ton of stupid mistakes in physics this afternoon which I had to go back and fix in the last ten minutes. And Spanish last week was terrible. Our teacher gave us a week to learn most of the vocabulary we needed to know. Fortunately I've got my maths exam tomorrow and, for some reason, I really like maths exams.

GCSE exams. I'm not even finding them that hard but they're just so boring. I made a ton of stupid mistakes in physics this afternoon which I had to go back and fix in the last ten minutes. And Spanish last week was terrible. Our teacher gave us a week to learn most of the vocabulary we needed to know. Fortunately I've got my maths exam tomorrow and, for some reason, I really like maths exams.

Wow

My mom ordered some band shirits from a company. She ordered 2 shirts for my brother, and a Rush Fly By Night shirt for me. My brothers shirts have come, but not my Rush shirt. I am so mad.

That sounds like something that would have happened to me growing up; my sister's stuff always seemed to arrive first! :D It sounds like you have a cool mom. I hope your shirt comes soon!

• Like 1

Your wife sounds like my husband.

I don't think you were rude at all. She asked a question. You gave her an honest answer.

• Like 1

Wow

10 exams down. Only 11 more to go. Wooo.....

My mom ordered some band shirits from a company. She ordered 2 shirts for my brother, and a Rush Fly By Night shirt for me. My brothers shirts have come, but not my Rush shirt. I am so mad.

That sounds like something that would have happened to me growing up; my sister's stuff always seemed to arrive first! :D It sounds like you have a cool mom. I hope your shirt comes soon!

I hope so too.

• Like 1

Wow

21 exams?! Eso es mucho.

773725_f520.jpg

Wow

21 exams?! Eso es mucho.

773725_f520.jpg

Yeah. Nine of them are science :sigh:

Wow

21 exams?! Eso es mucho.

773725_f520.jpg

Mmmm, science! It's not that I'm bad at math, I just make mistakes in my basic arithmetic so then my calculations end up incorrect :(

• Like 1

Wow

21 exams?! Eso es mucho.

773725_f520.jpg

Mmmm, science! It's not that I'm bad at math, I just make mistakes in my basic arithmetic so then my calculations end up incorrect :(

You are not alone. :P