What pissed you off today? v.2

Mara

Beaners flying the Mexican flag while chanting "America was never great", pelting people with eggs, spitting on people. These beaner leftist thugs may hate Trumpzilla, hell I don't like him but protest with speech not violence.

I live and work in Oklahoma, a place with a vibrant Mexican-American community. Many of these people are entrepreneurs working hard for the American Dream they are not the ungreatful beaners with their hands out bitching.

• Like 3

Beaners flying the Mexican flag while chanting "America was never great", pelting people with eggs, spitting on people. These beaner leftist thugs may hate Trumpzilla, hell I don't like him but protest with speech not violence.

I live and work in Oklahoma, a place with a vibrant Mexican-American community. Many of these people are entrepreneurs working hard for the American Dream they are not the ungreatful beaners with their hands out bitching.

It didn't endear them to my heart either.

That should be illegal. Everyone in this country should be free to support whomever they want without fear of thuggery and violence.

• Like 1

That should be illegal. Everyone in this country should be free to support whomever they want without fear of thuggery and violence.

Exactly, whether you support Bernie, Clinton, Johnson or Trump, you should be able to walk from your car to the venue without fear.

• Like 2

America. LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT, BITCHES! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Flags/flagUShappy.gif
  • Like 1

America. LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT, BITCHES! http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Flags/flagUShappy.gif

When you love something you fix it if it's broke. You don't Tai Shan all over it.

• Like 2

Exactly, whether you support Bernie, Clinton, Johnson or Trump, you should be able to walk from your car to the venue without fear.

Yep,

If I disagree with some one I am not going to start BS! like what happened in San Jose. This is totally insane. :madra:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 2

Is "beaner" necessary to get your point across?

• Like 3

Have to agree there.

• Like 1

Have to agree there.

Really, this is how it reads without it:

[People flying the Mexican flag while chanting "America was never great", pelting people with eggs, spitting on people. These leftist thugs may hate Trumpzilla, hell I don't like him but protest with speech not violence.

I live and work in Oklahoma, a place with a vibrant Mexican-American community. Many of these people are entrepreneurs working hard for the American Dream they are not the ungreatful type with their hands out bitching.]

The point is the same.

Everything is still crystal clear.

I despise the use of such terminology.

Have to agree there.

[People flying the Mexican flag while chanting "America was never great", pelting people with eggs, spitting on people. These leftist thugs may hate Trumpzilla, hell I don't like him but protest with speech not violence.

I live and work in Oklahoma, a place with a vibrant Mexican-American community. Many of these people are entrepreneurs working hard for the American Dream they are not the ungreatful type with their hands out bitching.]

The point is the same.

I don't want to come off as combative or snarky so imagine all is being said in a calm conversational tone over coffee.

At TRF is anything necessary? We don't even have meeting times or places for getting together before Rush concerts anymore. I don't want to stray too far in the field and bump up against Strawman so I'll move on.

Language/words give us many options in getting a point across and I don't like to be limited over people's sensibilities. I chose "Beaner" for a reason and your edited version of my message doesn't pack the same punch. The over all message may be similar but it is lacking. "Beaner" helps to emphasize my outrage at the event, in the context of my post it helps to differentiate my thoughts on law abiding hard working Mexican-Americans and ungreatful thugs.

I'm a Puerto Rican-American, hello redundant, so I'm not using the term because I have some anti Latino bias. For anyone equally appalled over "beaner" are you still accepting Red Neck for white rural southern folk?

• Like 1

Have to agree there.

The point is the same.

Exactly. "Beaner" is a racist slur akin to the N-word. Neither is ever necessary to use in conversation. Using the former does not emphasize outrage; it only emphasizes prejudice.

• Like 1

My earbuds are broken, so that means no music in school.

:(

Music is my life.

Back in my HS dayz, we could have had a transistor radio and an earplug like this....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Cool%20Retro%20Stuff/60s%20early%2070s%20earphone%20for%20portable%20radios%20sm.jpg

Of course, radios were banned in class unless the teacher, usually a shop class, allowed it. Walkmans didn't exist for another 4 years by the time I graduated, ['76]. I didn't get to take music to WORK until the early '80s, after I received my first Walkman from a cousin who outfitted Tour Busses for musicians and had a few on each bus. He gave my Dad one, which I took over immediately!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/The%20ORIGINAL%20Sony%20WALKMAN%20late%2070s%20early%2080s.jpghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Music%20Smilies/Headphonesnotes2.gif

• Like 3

I have to go to school looking like a freak.

Why? :huh:

I have to go to school looking like a freak.

Why? :huh:

I got up late.

AH!!! (set your alarm earlier) lol :hug2:

• Like 1