Your favorite 80's band??

Permanent-Rush

This choice is from left field: The Smithereens.

Loved the retro 60s power pop with jangley Rickenbacker guitar. Hey call them a Beatles wanna be, but they were different than anyone else at the time.

• Like 3

I'm a loner, Dottie...a rebel.

http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/362060137/Pee-wee_Twitter_Profile.png

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0yfJQUoxN3U/hqdefault.jpg

"Everyone I know has a big 'But'. Come on Simone, let's talk about YOUR big 'But'."

http://www.edvella.com/deskdeco/pee-wee/pee-wee8.jpg

• Like 2

Iron Maiden. I know they formed in '75 and the demo is from '79, but if PR doesn't follow her own rules then why should I? I'm a loner, Dottie...a rebel.

First album came out in 1980, so that counts as far as I'm concerned. How many people really know who a band is when they first form and release their early demos anyways?

• Like 1

hmm, I could argue Genesis became a vastly different band in 1980 with the release of Duke, but that would be missing the point of this thread I think.

Megadeth, Anthrax, Metallica, GNR, and Maiden all come to mind (and Slayer if I'm in the mood).

R.E.M. are a quality choice.

U2 are among my absolute favs at times.

Bon Jovi are great when they're good.

Bryan Adams' Reckless is a classic.

Motley Crue are fun.

Not really an 80s band, but the Chili's started in that decade.

I believe Stevie Ray Vaughn counts.

but yeah, most of my absolute favs got their start in the seventies. The 80s tended to be when subgenres first started blossoming and the radio became more or less homogenized. Thus most of the best artists specifically from the 80s tended to be huge within their scene, but didn't make humongous waves on the charts, not till the rise of the underground in the 90s.

• Like 2

hmm, I could argue Genesis became a vastly different band in 1980 with the release of Duke, but that would be missing the point of this thread I think.

Megadeth, Anthrax, Metallica, GNR, and Maiden all come to mind (and Slayer if I'm in the mood).

R.E.M. are a quality choice.

U2 are among my absolute favs at times.

Bon Jovi are great when they're good.

Bryan Adams' Reckless is a classic.

Motley Crue are fun.

Not really an 80s band, but the Chili's started in that decade.

I believe Stevie Ray Vaughn counts.

but yeah, most of my absolute favs got their start in the seventies. The 80s tended to be when subgenres first started blossoming and the radio became more or less homogenized. Thus most of the best artists specifically from the 80s tended to be huge within their scene, but didn't make humongous waves on the charts, not till the rise of the underground in the 90s.

You are right. Chilis did start in the 80's. used to go there all the time. Sizzler , Dennys and Chilis.

Lol

• Like 2

The explanation of what you’re looking for is confusing.

I kept repeating it until I just gave up...

Name ur favorite band from the 80's, any 80's band but they have to be from the 80's.

The Cure does count because they became big in the 80's, and there first album came out in 79, but no one knew them at the time at all.